No announcement yet.

A small town with a dark secret...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, I'll try to write a bunch, hoping they'll be the kind of stuff you're looking for

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

What is the God-Machine?
      - Old-school conspiracy theorist:

"You mean its true identity? It's not a secret, has not been one for centuries. They tried to keep it as long as possible, but they failed. Who you ask? But the hidden masters of the world, of course! The Freemasons, the Bildeberg group, the Hellfire Club...you name them. And this machine god you speak of is none other than the thing they worship, the Great Architect of the Universe. Something that, like all architects, needs workers to finish its project. That's where those bastards come in: follow your orders, manipulate mankind from the shadows and you get to have a peek at the blueprint of the Universe. From there it's an easy step to use that knowledge and gain all the material power and wealth you'll need for a lifetime - and more! You're lucky there's someone like me to tell you these things, because the masses keep living their lives completely in the dark..."

- Grizzled man at the bar, after a bunch of drinks:

"It is...how can I explain it...think of it as a janitor. Yeah, wipe that smile off your face and listen, you smartass. Right then, janitor. Someone bigger, someone important builds a house, no rather, a engine. A big, complex engine, with moving parts and filled of little pieces. Something that requires care, fuel and maintenance. Why? I don't know, that's not the point. The point is that that thing is a fucking masterpiece, something that makes its creator proud. Expect one day he has to leave for a while. So he calls this janitors and tells him "dude, I must go. I'll be back soon, but you gotta care of this engine. You gotta make sure it's still working until I return. Here's the instructions. Don't screw up or I'll get really pissed and that's not something you want to happen, trust me". So the janitors sits down and does his best to take care of the engine, even if he's not as good as the big guy that left. Too bad time passes and the guy does not come back. And the janitor slowly begins to think "Hey, maybe there's no need to him to return. Maybe I'm more than capable of taking care of this and maybe, if I'm that good, it means that this thing belongs to me and I'm better than anyone else. Does not matter that the engine is breaking down because the janitor does not really now how to keep it perfectly functional, that idiot still believes he's the smartest being around. That's what the God-Machine is: a janitor with delusions of grandeur. Don't ask me what happens if the engine breaks or if its creator returns, because I'm not sure I want to think about that."

- Someone who read a couple of bad New-Age books and thinks to know lots about other people's religions:

"It's actually pretty easy when you think about it. It's a recurring theme here and there. The Indians...wait, is it better to say Hindu? People from India have this thing where they all believe in this trinity of forces. One creates, one preserves and one destroys. They gave a name to each, but it's not important. They're wrong. Or rather, I can explain you how things really are. Those forces might have existed once, but at some point the preserver gained the upper hand. Whether it killed, absorbed, trapped the others or they died I'm not sure about, but now it has to do all the three jobs by itself. Except it has a flawed perspective because its fundamental nature does not allow it to see the world in the way the others did, which means the more things go on, the more It preserves them, the more the damages become apparent. It's rather sad, if you ask me.

(Are these ok? Good? Bad? Too weird?)

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

- Insane Techno-Conspiracist
        "You know those movies where time travelers come back to prevent some calamity, or that one about a machine from the future? Yeah, those were based on reality. Except there wasn't no savior come back to help us - just the machine. And it isn't something as simple as some super-smart computer. Or, what do you call a computer that uses planets for bits, and flips physics around like simple programs? This thing, this Machine-God, it knows everything because it already saw everything. It just needs to ensure it is born, and so it moves everyone around like pawns. Why? Well, I guess it couldn't bring Its whole toolbox with it and has to work with what Its got - which means poor schmucks like that CEO, and you and me."

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Thank you both. Players have had some GM seeds fed to them and had an exposition dump after they chose to talk to the demon, Michael Mason,and he was selectively honest about the Machine. Probably one or two sessions left!

Onyx Path Freelancer: Demon Storyteller's Guide, Dark Eras, Night Horrors: Enemy Action
          Storyteller's Guide Extra Material
          After the Fall: Bonus Material

Comment

Originally posted by Eremite View Post
            Thank you both. Players have had some GM seeds fed to them and had an exposition dump after they chose to talk to the demon, Michael Mason,and he was selectively honest about the Machine. Probably one or two sessions left!
            Aww, only one or two? How do they view the Demon? Possible allies, or should Cinder write a eulogy for their namesake?

Are you going to post a recap/AP of the story after it is done?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
            X