Demonic Diablery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demonic Diablery

I'm a fan of the owod demons in that they were their worst enemies.....and the most hungry ones. They had a form of diablery there. For my own game (chronicles of darkness) I'm contemplating putting a form of diablery for demons in to use.

Currently I'm looking at what works and what not thus I'm interested if someone used such rules and if so what they were and how it worked out?

What about Cannibalization or Devour Demon?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

somehing in that drection yepp.

Comment

I'd allow for Diablorie in a game of DTD, but I don't have any rules for it. It could make a Chronicle into a more spy-heavy affair, especially if it allows you to take over the Covers of someone else, but it could also end with the players trying to eat Angels for the same result.

Comment

I'd say Vent0's Cannibalism merit to gain additional Form Gadgets with a mix of incorporating bits the victim's Cover to bolster one's own. If that's no acceptable, perhaps gaining vital components to boost one's Primium, reflecting an increase to occult processing power

Comment

If I remember correctly, Fallen's version of Diablerie could permanently alter the nature of those who commit it. I imagine that in Descent doing so would play merry hell with the Unchained's Cypher. After all, the Cypher is an expression of Unchained's true nature. Messing with it could cause it to reset, mutate or even turn into a dangerous, glitchy mess.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Originally posted by Teatime View Post
              If I remember correctly, Fallen's version of Diablerie could permanently alter the nature of those who commit it.
              There are optional rules for that in the Players Guide, yes. On top of the stolen abilities being High-Torment exclusively, they start to manifest at 5 Torment instead of the usual 7, and it tends to turn the demon's Apocalyptic Form into something quite freaky if they do it often enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Teatime View Post
                I imagine that in Descent doing so would play merry hell with the Unchained's Cypher.
                This is really interesting, and could even be the basis of demonic diablerie, like the vitriol thieving in Promethean.

Comment

Working...
                X