X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primordial newcomer
    started a topic What's the inspirations

What's the inspirations

Considering the VERY unique take on demons and angels here, what movies, literature, and possibly games did they take inspiration from

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    Ghostdriver nice call on terminator 2

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    Shin Megami!

Getting some huge Shin Megami vibes from this game!

Leave a comment:

• Ghostdriver
    replied
    My personal favorites:

Movies ---
    1. The Matrix - Espionage feel
    2. The Terminator - The 2nd terminator movie. Think of Arnold as a fallen angel, disconnected from the machine but still able to do many things. Not an exact fit but still, good for inspiration
    3. Lucy - I know this one might be reaching but her abilities and her cold demeanor speaks of Demon

TV Shows ---
    1. Supernatural - The "angel radio" and deaths of both angels and demons fits right in

Bonus:
    Here is a WoD themed IMDB list:
    https://www.imdb.com/list/ls058455161/

Leave a comment:

• nothri
    replied
    Not necessarily good inspiration for Demon, but frankly screams God Machine to me is Uzumaki, the body horror manga of Junji Ito. A bunch of weird stories seemingly unrelated except by their incorporation of a spiral of some variety. I feel like its an ideal sort of Occult Matrix, a strange overarcing theme that lends itself to numerous applications of horrible and weird happenings. Spirals happen everywhere in nature, thus you have numerous opportunities to tell horror stories with a loose theme.

Leave a comment:

• Teatime
    replied
    "The Booth at the End" manages to scream Demon, despite of being about people talking in a diner.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    The netflix show Travelers is a good source of inspiration. It came out after Demon I believe but shares a lot thematically.

Leave a comment:

• BacchicOne
    replied
    A lot of classic cyberpunk like Neuromancer and Snow Crash work as inspiration for Demon. Paranoia and nonsensical plots are the genre’s bread and butter

Leave a comment:

• Maitrecorbo
    replied
    The anime Psycho pass can also work.

Leave a comment:

• Agentwestmer
    replied
    Tim Powers' Declare

Dark City

Leave a comment:

• Basic
    replied
    Once more I will state person of interest is good inspiration for demon .

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    Enough to where I'm too lazy to read the fallen, which I've heard is the Christian kind, also is that one good
    Yes, might be my favorite of the classic World of Darkness, it's a toss between it and Werewolf. Loved all its books, ran it for a long campaign and I keep going back to it from time to time just because I enjoy it.

But, and here I expose myself to danger in a way I almost always avoid, Descent is a way better game. There, I said it.

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Hey, what are we to do when people don't read the book critically?
    Nothing less than going after all the Infinity Stones and use them to make them understand. Then, finally have a rest.

(Sorry, it's this week's mood. Carry on)
    Last edited by Cinder; 05-02-2018, 12:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    I'm not gonna lie, I was disappoint that the descent is not the judeo Christian variety, but upon reading about it I grew to love it

Enough to where I'm too lazy to read the fallen, which I've heard is the Christian kind, also is that one good

Leave a comment:

• 21C Hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    Sorry for the late reply (Had work). Thanks very much guys. So spy thrillers, worldwide conspiracy the idea of horror movies where the demons are intelligent creatures, like hellraiser and the brutal look and existence of hellbound heart

21C Hermit do people not realise that angels and demons are not simply what one looks like aesthetically, but more of an idea? Because if it's seen that way than they truly are demons and angels. Besides one of the angels in the bible is literally described as a burning wheel with eyes, so classic demon angel aesthetic be damned
    Yeah, many don’t. It probably doesn’t help that Descent deals more with Gnostic angels than Judeo-Christian ones, which adds to the unfamiliarity.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    Sorry for the late reply (Had work). Thanks very much guys. So spy thrillers, worldwide conspiracy the idea of horror movies where the demons are intelligent creatures, like hellraiser and the brutal look and existence of hellbound heart

21C Hermit do people not realise that angels and demons are not simply what one looks like aesthetically, but more of an idea? Because if it's seen that way than they truly are demons and angels. Besides one of the angels in the bible is literally described as a burning wheel with eyes, so classic demon angel aesthetic be damned

Leave a comment:

Working...
X