Questions about Heirs to Hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, everyone was quite helpful and this it's great information. A

s mentioned by ElvesofZion since it's to port over to Demon the Fallen, I might be able to go by the translation book and corebook/appendix as the core mechanic will be Classic WoD.

But, if I get fully into DtD, or if too much is missing yo translate with ease, I'll get either the 1st ed or the 2nd ed core rule book.

Comment

Originally posted by Boneguard View Post
      Thank you, everyone was quite helpful and this it's great information. A

s mentioned by ElvesofZion since it's to port over to Demon the Fallen, I might be able to go by the translation book and corebook/appendix as the core mechanic will be Classic WoD.

But, if I get fully into DtD, or if too much is missing yo translate with ease, I'll get either the 1st ed or the 2nd ed core rule book.
      All else being equal, the 2nd Edition Core Rulebook has some nice plot hooks in the God-Machine Chronicle section, and some good sub-systems in the Chase, Investigation, and Horror sections of the main part.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

All else being equal, the 2nd Edition Core Rulebook has some nice plot hooks in the God-Machine Chronicle section, and some good sub-systems in the Chase, Investigation, and Horror sections of the main part.
        From what I've understood from my reading, the 2nd edition core rulebook, pretty much combines the 1st edition core rulebook with the God-Machine Chronicle...and Demon the Descent would be strongly rooted in it.

Sounds about right?

Comment

From what I've understood from my reading, the 2nd edition core rulebook, pretty much combines the 1st edition core rulebook with the God-Machine Chronicle...and Demon the Descent would be strongly rooted in it.

Sounds about right?
          About right, yeah. (Well, the first half isn't just a 1e rulebook reprint - it covers the equivalent ground, but has new writing and some new systems the 1e rulebook doesn't.) Some of the non-mechanical content from the God-Machine Chronicle was cut for space, and sadly, this mostly consists of the majority of the GMC's Introduction, which was actually a really well written and accessible explanation of the God-Machine mythos, with a sharp eye towards playability and "okay, what do I actually do with this." That material was really good, but not so good that I can say it's worth buying the GMC book separately; the Descent book will attempt to cover the same ground. The rest of the GMC book is reprinted verbatim in the Chronicles of Darkness Rulebook.

Comment

Sounds about right?
            Yes, though I was talking more specifically about the Investigation system, Chase system, and Horrors system.

Investigation covers a Mechanical way to run "who did it" plots, and can be adapted to handle other systems (like research). Or any "collection" scenario.

Chase covers the mechanics of two parties, with one pursuing the other. It can also be adapted to a general espionage track, where the "chase" is abstracted into the counter-intelligence trying to figure out/catch the agent. Or any scenario with two competing actors and the ability to change the dive pool used.

Both can be handled via a simple roll, of course, but these add some depth and flavor to such encounters.

The Horror system is for creating material monsters. Potency and Dread Powers allow for a lot of range and flexibility. And the Brief Nightmares sub-section streamlines and speeds up the process further for simpler antagonists.

Oh, and the Equipment section is handy, too.

Comment

Vent0

That's actually pretty cool mechanics and quite handy. Definitely something to use even in Classic WoD.

On a side thought, I'm assuming the translation guide was created/updated to 2nd edition rules correct?
              Last edited by Boneguard; 05-15-2018, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Vent0

That's actually pretty cool mechanics and quite handy. Definitely something to use even in Classic WoD.

On a side thought, I'm assuming the translation guide was created/updated to 2nd edition rules correct?
                Yes, since Demon was developed in 2E (though before 2E was formalized as such - which is why it lacked the core rules, while the other 2E books have them).

Comment

Working...
                X