Dev Question: Reaching compatible Numina in the STG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dev Question: Reaching compatible Numina in the STG

Question, I was going through the Story-Tellers Guide and I couldn't find any mention of which of the new Numina are compatible with the Reaching manifestation/condition. Is there an official list of which ones work with Reaching, or is it just "whatever works?"
    Last edited by Agentwestmer; 07-10-2018, 12:52 AM.

Have you noticed the big R besides a number of Numina surrounded by a cog? those can be used with Reaching.

Comment

If they are Angel-only, that would explain why - Angels don't (need to) Reach.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I think angels simply can't Reach. If I remember correctly Reaching is limited to spirits only.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
          If they are Angel-only, that would explain why - Angels don't (need to) Reach.
          That's the thing, I can't find the passage in the rules that says that Angels are able to use Numina across the Gauntlet.

Comment

Originally posted by Agentwestmer View Post

That's the thing, I can't find the passage in the rules that says that Angels are able to use Numina across the Gauntlet.
            Angels exist in Twilight, not the Shadow. The Gauntlet would only be a concern for them if they were trying to affect spirits in the Shadow for some reason. They’re already in the physical world.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
            Freelance Writer
            Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, TC In Media Res
            Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action (Alban, Beelzebub, Oxblood Mold, Whispering Oak); C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

They can't. Only spirits has access to Reaching. There's no Reaching tag on any of the Numina in the Storyteller's Guide because they're not available for spirits.

Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

They aren't. Reaching denotes Numina that spirits use from one side of the divide between Earth and the Shadow to affect the other. Angels do not straddle this divide. Physically manifest angels exist on the Earth side, and ephemeral, invisible angels exist on the Earth side (in angelic Twilight). An invisible, unmanifested angel doesn't need to Reach to use appropriate Numina on physically manifest entities.

Comment

Working...
                X