Where Angels Fear to Tread - Demon Beyond the World of Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deinos View Post
    They could even generate their own aether.
    Aether is the byproduct of what the God-Machine does with Essence. No.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Perhaps we could homebrew some way for a completed Cipher to allow generation of Aether? Maybe something could be done with that Pentacle homebrew, where you can add a final Exploit to the Cipher. Or maybe some kind of transhuman (transdemonic?) modification or transformation might allow the same, analogous to a Beast's Inheritance or what-have-you.
      Last edited by ajf115; 11-03-2018, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Even if you decide that a demon form cannot collect aether in a realm the GM absolutely doesn't exist in, there's always the possibility of Essence Drain: "At the Storyteller’s discretion, this may work on supernatural creatures not fueled by Essence or Aether."

Comment

Originally posted by Deinos View Post
          Even if you decide that a demon form cannot collect aether in a realm the GM absolutely doesn't exist in, there's always the possibility of Essence Drain: "At the Storyteller’s discretion, this may work on supernatural creatures not fueled by Essence or Aether."
          Demons can't learn Essence Drain, though - it's a Numen, not an Embed, Exploit or Demonic Form power. There's always developing Sun's Bounty as a Demonic Form, I guess.
          Last edited by ajf115; 11-03-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
            Demons can't learn Essence Drain, though - it's a Numen, not an Embed, Exploit or Demonic Form power. There's always developing Sun's Bounty as a Demonic Form, I guess.
            Essence Drain is a Technology.

You could allow for Pacts to grant Aether. I mean, they kinda already can, in that you could make a Patchwork, then Go Loud with it to refill your pool.

Pacts, I would say, are fully a function of Demonic Primum, and thus would work in some manner regardless of local supporting Infrastructure (unless the current reality is too incompatible, of course).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
              Essence Drain is a Technology.
              I stand (well, sit) corrected.

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
              You could allow for Pacts to grant Aether. I mean, they kinda already can, in that you could make a Patchwork, then Go Loud with it to refill your pool.

Pacts, I would say, are fully a function of Demonic Primum, and thus would work in some manner regardless of local supporting Infrastructure (unless the current reality is too incompatible, of course).
              Hmm. It would fit with the whole 'demonic pacts' theme. Perhaps a demon can consume a pact for Aether equal to twice the rating of said pact (e.g. a pact for someone's pet (lesser) would yield 2 Aether, one for a boyfriend (medial) would yield 4 and one for a close family member (greater) would yield 6), or for a large amount (ideas for quantities welcome) if the pact is a Soul Pact. Though I'm not sure what would happen to the stuff that actually got bargained for - presumably, its connections to both the Demon and the human would be permanently severed.

Comment

Hmm. It would fit with the whole 'demonic pacts' theme. Perhaps a demon can consume a pact for Aether equal to twice the rating of said pact (e.g. a pact for someone's pet (lesser) would yield 2 Aether, one for a boyfriend (medial) would yield 4 and one for a close family member (greater) would yield 6), or for a large amount (ideas for quantities welcome) if the pact is a Soul Pact.
                What about Cover Experiences * 2 Aether? For Soul Pacts, just liquidate the Cover dots you would have gained by claiming them as a Cover into Cover XP.

Though I'm not sure what would happen to the stuff that actually got bargained for - presumably, its connections to both the Demon and the human would be permanently severed.
                Yeah, the status of stuff from "Pact made" to "Integrated into a Cover" is kinda uncertain.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Ignoring Show of Power, I was reading out of the book regarding the Form power, Essence Drain.

Comment

Working...
                  X