X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korogra
    replied
    Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
    Well, I guess that Primum is, quote, "​the extent to which a demon has adapted to its Fall, interfacing with reality instead of the God-Machine", so it seems to me that a demon of sufficient Primum ought to be able to 'make a place for itself', as it were.
    To an extent. Primum 10 demon’s still require Aether and at least some sort of piece of the Machine to make effective use of their powers sadly.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

I’ve crossed them over with quite a few settings at this point. Mostly, they’re trying to thwart the God-Machine’s plan to merge all realities into one. My player is playing a changeling/Exalted hybrid turned omnipotent superbeing, but she has a few Unchained allies traveling with her. Your question is an interesting one, as the worlds without GM influence haven’t really required them to use such things. Personally, I’d rule that if the phenomenon exists in the world they’re in, an Embed would still work.
    What, so if people tend to zone out when doing something boring, then Ellipses works? That makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    I was looking at Tempters, and the bit where it mentions them possibly trying to find a Hell elsewhere, and I had a crazy idea: Namely, run a Demon crossover game with another setting (the one which immediately comes to mind is the setting of A Song of Ice and Fire, because can you imagine demons politicking there? I can.). I don't think I'll actually do it, but it was an interesting idea, and I thought it'd make for some fun discussion.
    I’ve crossed them over with quite a few settings at this point. Mostly, they’re trying to thwart the God-Machine’s plan to merge all realities into one. My player is playing a changeling/Exalted hybrid turned omnipotent superbeing, but she has a few Unchained allies traveling with her. Your question is an interesting one, as the worlds without GM influence haven’t really required them to use such things. Personally, I’d rule that if the phenomenon exists in the world they’re in, an Embed would still work.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by Korogra View Post

I once wrote a D:TF x RWBY crossover fiction piece for a friend that featured a reality hopping Tempter... so it’s always possible
    Well, I guess that Primum is, quote, "​the extent to which a demon has adapted to its Fall, interfacing with reality instead of the God-Machine", so it seems to me that a demon of sufficient Primum ought to be able to 'make a place for itself', as it were.

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied
    I was looking at Tempters, and the bit where it mentions them possibly trying to find a Hell elsewhere, and I had a crazy idea: Namely, run a Demon crossover game with another setting (the one which immediately comes to mind is the setting of A Song of Ice and Fire, because can you imagine demons politicking there? I can.). I don't think I'll actually do it and it's not a terribly serious suggestion, but it was an interesting idea, and I thought it'd make for some fun discussion.
    I once wrote a D:TF x RWBY crossover fiction piece for a friend that featured a reality hopping Tempter... so it’s always possible

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
    I’ve done this. For ease of sanity, I simply rule that things function normally unless stated otherwise. Of course, in my game, the God-Machine is invading other realities, so it might not exactly fit your scenario
    I was looking at Tempters, and the bit where it mentions them possibly trying to find a Hell elsewhere, and I had a crazy idea: Namely, run a Demon crossover game with another setting (the one which immediately comes to mind is the setting of A Song of Ice and Fire, because can you imagine demons politicking there? I can.). I don't think I'll actually do it and it's not a terribly serious suggestion, but it was an interesting idea, and I thought it'd make for some fun discussion.
    Last edited by ajf115; 11-01-2018, 10:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied
    Well, if they were in a world completely untouched by the God-Machine’s presence, it’s likely that Embeds and Exploits would cease functioning, due to there being no connection to the Arcane physics that make up the foundation of Embeds- and by extension Exploits

. Aether would be practically non existent aside from small bursts when the Demon assumes demonic form or has a form ability that allows them to harvest Aether from alternative sources like Sun’s Bounty or Essence Drain ( provided there were spirits or comparable creatures) and would be a direly precious resource if those methods weren’t available.

Cover should be more or less Ironclad, now that there is nothing that can really degrade it through scrutiny, Burning being an example, but depending on where you might be, wearing the skin of a mortal human being might have its own more immediate draw backs.

In short, definitely.... but it would be very rough going.
    Last edited by Korogra; 11-01-2018, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    I’ve done this. For ease of sanity, I simply rule that things function normally unless stated otherwise. Of course, in my game, the God-Machine is invading other realities, so it might not exactly fit your scenario

Leave a comment:

Working...
X