No announcement yet.

Who is THELEMA? I heard them mentioned.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is THELEMA? I heard them mentioned.

Along with Mr Verny? I don’t know how you got that from being describe as ‘the Angry Man’ and the Blind man

Chevalier Thélème was a Hunter legendary character, I think of the Lucifuge.

Varney is a fictional vampire who appears as a strix in second edition's vampire.

Comment

Pretty sure Mr. Verney was a Frankenstein who claims to have been the one from the original book. He was in the opening fiction of one of the editions, I'm just not sure which.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
        Pretty sure Mr. Verney was a Frankenstein who claims to have been the one from the original book. He was in the opening fiction of one of the editions, I'm just not sure which.
        First Edition. Verney's all over First Edition and not present at all in Second Edition.

Doylist reasons asides, it's probably because Verney just kicked too much ass. When Count F***ing Dracula rolls into town, everyone pisses their pants. When Verney rolls into town, Count F***ing Dracula pisses his pants. Twice.

And THELEME is different from the Chevalier, though I don't remember right now what it is.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
        Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          First Edition. Verney's all over First Edition and not present at all in Second Edition.
          Not quite, he's briefly mentioned in Enemy Action, which I'm assuming how this thread ended up in the Demon subforum.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
            Not quite, he's briefly mentioned in Enemy Action, which I'm assuming how this thread ended up in the Demon subforum.
            Well, yeah, but he's not in Promethean Second was more my point.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
            Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
              Good eye.

Enemy Action, p89, “If you want to get high-minded about it, the Cleaner is an agent of some primordial order, or at least an attempt by the God-Machine to fix anything it can’t directly control. He’s been targeting chaotic forces for centuries, and doesn’t restrict his focus to demons. I bet if you messed with the Blind Man, Verney, or the Chevalier Theleme, this angel would be willing to ignore any of your transgressions.”

And because I'm not sure if Konradleijon is asking, the Blind Man is from the Beast Night Horrors book, Conquering Heroes.
              Last edited by nofather; 11-26-2018, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X