Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on a fairly min-maxed attribute spread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a fairly min-maxed attribute spread.

Hello,

One of my players has a fairly min-maxed attribute spread:

int 3 str 2 pres 1
    wits 4 dex 4 man 4
    res 1 stam 1 comp1

The character is a Demon, so that's worthwhile to consider. Most of his powers and things are built up to use Dex / Manipulation (Knockout Punch, Mirrored Skin, Memory Theft).
    What about compromises? Having a base 8 dice pool is fairly insane, meaning he's going to shrug off most compromises other demons shiver from.

What do you think? How would you react to such a Demon character?

My Bloodline conversions
    My House rules

Originally posted by Griautis View Post
    Hello,

One of my players has a fairly min-maxed attribute spread:

int 3 str 2 pres 1
    wits 4 dex 4 man 4
    res 1 stam 1 comp1

The character is a Demon, so that's worthwhile to consider. Most of his powers and things are built up to use Dex / Manipulation (Knockout Punch, Mirrored Skin, Memory Theft).
    What about compromises? Having a base 8 dice pool is fairly insane, meaning he's going to shrug off most compromises other demons shiver from.

What do you think? How would you react to such a Demon character?
    Hmm... Your base Willpower (Resolve+Composure) is 2. That's a problem. Initiative is Wits+Composure=5 which is ok. Your ability to resist intimidation/torture/pressure is Resolve+Composure=2. Quite a few Embeds are resisted by Composure as well. Even just "Staying Awake" is a Resolve+Stamina roll, which puts you at 2 dice.

Several Numina are opposed by Composure and/or Resolve: Urged, Awe, Aggressive Meme... In fact a Drain numen is opposed by Resolve+Stamina-Tolerance. With only two points of Willpower you'd be down pretty quickly.

Basically it looks like if you are prepared and can get in the first blow you might be fine, but if anyone has laid a trap for your or you are pursued for an extended time, you're going to have problems. You're a glass demon :-).

Comment

That stat spread brings to mind Wormtongue
      Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 12-19-2018, 07:59 PM.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Griautis View Post
        How would you react to such a Demon character?
        I'd point out to the player that all their Resistance Attributes are at 1 and they're likely to be hit hard by any non-physical attack, as well as supernatural physical attacks. But I'd let them know it's okay, I'd just be warning them in case they overlooked it in their rush to get high Finesse Attributes or are for whatever reason new to the game.

Comment

Working...
        X