Question about a Brand New Patchwork Cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a Brand New Patchwork Cover

According to manuals I can make a brand new cover merging some pacts together. I can make pacts for a jobs, assets and even people.
    So my second cover may be the: "English teacher with a vintage car, and married with a beautiful woman". But this second cover will need for a name and surname to be believable, how I can purchase them? And what about it's physical appearence?

The fiction suggests using a synthesis of the Pactbound's appearances to answer the question of what patchwork Covers look like.

You don't need to purchase a name, on account of that being something anybody can make up without an existing point of reference (in contrast to the various social contexts that Covers expressly come with like class and gender).

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Do you mean ordinary fake documents will be enough for a new identity?

Comment

Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
        Do you mean ordinary fake documents will be enough for a new identity?
        Essentially, yes.

Resident Lore-Hound
        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

To elaborate on the name thing, when you make a Patchwork Cover, the metaphysics of Pacts fill in needed details to make it work. So your English teacher example would have a name and history (to a point, based on Cover rating) that would come into existence alongside the Cover.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

But if a demon got the school teacher job thanks to a pact, then how the students and coworkers will react to him?

Comment

Like a school teacher.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
                But if a demon got the school teacher job thanks to a pact, then how the students and coworkers will react to him?
                Either the same as the person that the Demon got the pact from, or they'd think that they had a new teacher if they weren't directly affiliated with the person the pact was made with. Pacts replace the person with the Cover in the minds of those who would be directly affected by it, but others who never directly interacted with the person won't be, even if the physical evidence changes (which it does).

Comment

Working...
                X