Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you be both a Demon blooded fractal...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you be both a Demon blooded fractal...

.... and a Psychic Vampire? Am I missing something that shoots such a combo down or is it cool to play?

I mean, mechanically, nothing stops you. It all depends on the group you're playing with. Shine on, crazy bugger.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

You could make a Wolf-Blooded ,Fae-touched ,Dhampire,Proiximi,

Probably was engineered by the GM in a Contrived seeming manner.

Comment

Strictly speaking, the psychic vampire merits and the others ones in Hurt Locker are supposed to be isolated from other Templates, even minor ones (there is an implication that you can learn "normal" supernatural merits, as you can't have Thief of Fate and the slightly-cheaper Atariya equivalent, suggesting you were meant to be able to buy it otherwise).

Loosely speaking, it is your game, and they are effectively psychic merits that you could otherwise take. Psychic vampirism doesn't take a specific form or even have a specific origin - in fact, none of them spell out the origins of the situations. You could potentially develop the ability. Also, the write-up explicitly mentions that it could come from a relic, so you could acquire it that way.

I've actually tried to figure out what could happen if you had as many minor templates and merit templates as possible. I discovered the one impossibility logically (using human biology, at least) was being a Dhampir and a Fractal, by virtue that you can't be the child of one vampire and two demons simultaneously. Ironically, you could potentially be more powerful by being a dhampir and a Nephilim from the Demon Storyteller's Guide anyways... (also, the whole mix is a weird mix of overpowered nonsense and perpetual suffering... at least until you cut the Infected loose).

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessKng View Post
          Strictly speaking, the psychic vampire merits and the others ones in Hurt Locker are supposed to be isolated from other Templates, even minor ones (there is an implication that you can learn "normal" supernatural merits, as you can't have Thief of Fate and the slightly-cheaper Atariya equivalent, suggesting you were meant to be able to buy it otherwise).

Loosely speaking, it is your game, and they are effectively psychic merits that you could otherwise take. Psychic vampirism doesn't take a specific form or even have a specific origin - in fact, none of them spell out the origins of the situations. You could potentially develop the ability. Also, the write-up explicitly mentions that it could come from a relic, so you could acquire it that way.

I've actually tried to figure out what could happen if you had as many minor templates and merit templates as possible. I discovered the one impossibility logically (using human biology, at least) was being a Dhampir and a Fractal, by virtue that you can't be the child of one vampire and two demons simultaneously. Ironically, you could potentially be more powerful by being a dhampir and a Nephilim from the Demon Storyteller's Guide anyways... (also, the whole mix is a weird mix of overpowered nonsense and perpetual suffering... at least until you cut the Infected loose).
          Well what if your a Dhampire and both your Mom and Dad Both make deals with Demons, selling there parentage?

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post

Well what if your a Dhampire and both your Mom and Dad Both make deals with Demons, selling there parentage?

Ehhh... that wouldn't fly in my book since either you're only selling the role of parent and not the genetic component or you are selling the whole child and to become a fractal they replace the Dhampir blood.

I think the way you COULD do it is for two demons to atend one of the Dhampir-creation rites under Deep Cover and receive the blessings that grant fertility and create a dhampir. That would be the only way I could conceive of off hand

Comment

"Demon genetics" are quite screwy and selling the role of one parent to a demon does convert them into a demon blooded.

Also, demon blooded can have supernatural merits + there is no prerequisite of "cannot be a *blooded or whatever"

Comment

Originally posted by Deinos View Post
                "Demon genetics" are quite screwy and selling the role of one parent to a demon does convert them into a demon blooded.

Also, demon blooded can have supernatural merits + there is no prerequisite of "cannot be a *blooded or whatever"
                Not if the GM says so.

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post

Not if the GM says so.
                  Everything in the setting can be "ACKSHUALLY'd" by "the ST can say no," there's no need to point that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Deinos View Post

Everything in the setting can be "ACKSHUALLY'd" by "the ST can say no," there's no need to point that out.
                    It’s a Pun.

Comment

Working...
                    X