Unorthodox Pact materials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unorthodox Pact materials

Rules as written, anything a Pact is written on gets additional durability. What would happen if an enterprising Demon engraved a Pact onto a piece of armour?
    Additionally, would this also work if a Demon engraved a Pact into someone's skull? Would it make their skull harder?

+1 of Durability.
    A living Pactkeeper gain 1 point of Armour, if my memory is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by The Throne View Post
      +1 of Durability.
      A living Pactkeeper gain 1 point of Armour, if my memory is fine.
      Unless something changed, this is correct.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
      Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Book of Lasting Death, DtR The Clades Companion, Pirates of Pugmire, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC Aeon: Mission Statements, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
      Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Thanks for the response!

Comment

Put a pack into a grain of sand then drop it in the ocean lol

Comment

Originally posted by Basic View Post
            Put a pack [sic] into a grain of sand then drop it in the ocean lol
            It might be hard for the human to sign it. It would also (probably) make it hard for the demon to trade it to others.

I run that that mortal has a connection to the soul pact and has s general feeling for where it is - at least its direction.

Comment

Throwing it into the ocean would make it last a week at the very most, given how the ocean erodes things down. Even if the sand particle itself remains intact, any fine details on it would get smoothed down to the point the writing is all but gone.

As for the living skull example, it could work. Not sure it would be entirely practical given the surgery needed for it and the recovery after the fact, but it could work.

Comment

+1 Durability is a huge thing when it comes to such gradual and slow processes as erosion or general wear and tear, potentially increasing the average life of an object by a relatively big factor. But when applied to something that's already fleeting, it won't be that long even if it's a dramatic increase in comparison. Ten weeks is a lot more than a single week, but far from a long term solution.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

This thread made me think of a demon whose cover is that of a heart surgeon. All his soul pacts are written on the signatory's heart. Signing in blood isn't a problem and the pact maker has a disincentive from destroying the pact.

Comment

Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
                    This thread made me think of a demon whose cover is that of a heart surgeon. All his soul pacts are written on the signatory's heart. Signing in blood isn't a problem and the pact maker has a disincentive from destroying the pact.
                    Brutal. A tattoo artist might also be another option - just write your Pacts into the design.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
                    X