Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cipher: Everything in Moderation, keeps things spinning

Does this work?

Fool's Corner Productions: Where we review Video Game, and eventually tabletop RPGs

Comment

I really wish the embeds and exploits were on the wiki or something so I could suggest potential unlocks for such a cipher. That cipher could work, but at the very least you'd have to pick four embeds that were related to the concept and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddness View Post
        I really wish the embeds and exploits were on the wiki or something so I could suggest potential unlocks for such a cipher.
        http://wodindex.wikispaces.com/Embeds

Eternally useful resource.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

So, a member of my group is getting close to unlocking their first Interlocks. I made the interlocks up a while ago, and I never got any feedback on them. I'd love some feedback and if anything stands out as egregious please let me know.

One thing you should know, our game takes place in a city divided by a large river. This river is full of weird occult magic and generally messes with God-Machine projects. So, the river is basically a third party of
          its own.

Mr. Dock, a Guardian who Fell after choosing the river over his charge.

Lost In The Crowd ▶ Shatter
          Where Did I Put That?
          By touching an object and spending a point of Aether, you are able to force it to mimic the binary quantum state for a short time. This effectively causes the location of the object to continually delete itself from the memories of those present.

Dice Pool: Manipulation+Stealth - Size of Object
          Action: Instant
          Cost: 1 Aether
          Roll Results
          Dramatic Failure:The effect bounces back to you. The targeted object becomes hidden, and you must make a Perception roll with a -2 Penalty to remember it
          Failure: No effect.
          Success: The object is deleted. Any attempt to “see” the object by mundane means (eyesight, cameras, etc.) requires a Perception roll with a -3 modifier. The object must be Size 5 or smaller. The effect lasts until the end of the scene.
          Exceptional Success: The effect lasts all day..

Shatter ▶ Synthesis
          Unbind
          Infrastructure is only Infrastructure due to it's location in place and time. With this Interlock you can temprorarily Unbind a person or object "marked" as Infrastructure, effectively "blinding" the God Machine to them.

Dice Pool: Wits+Investigation
          Cost: 3 Aether
          Roll Results
          Dramatic Failure: The attempt to unbind backfires, causing a flare of Aetheric power. You gain the Hunted condition
          Failure: No effect.
          Success: You are able to rewrite the marking process on people and certain objects (up to Size 15) and remove the mark, effectively “blinding” the Machine to the item. This is not without its dangers however, as the effort taken to rewrite the mark caused the Distracted Condition. This effect is permanent, but does not prevent the object from being reintegrated into the God-Machine’s plans should no other action be taken..
          Exceptional Success: This effect does not cause the Distracted Condition.

Synthesis ▶ Animal Communication
          A Drop in the Ocean
          Whatever rules the River operates by, they are similar to the code of the God-Machine. At least close enough for you to communicate with. You are able to touch the River and “see” along it’s length within the metro area. This functions similar to astral projection in that you leave your mortal body and travel along the river.

Dice Pool: Manipulation+investigation
          Roll Results
          Dramatic Failure: You lose focus as you attempt to read the river. Instead of seeing one place, you see all places. The information overload gives you the Disorientated Condition.
          Failure: No effect. You get wet.
          Success: You can see and hear anything on the river or along the water’s edge as if you were there. You are is only able to see events as they are actually happening. By spending a point of Aether you are able to “speak” through the river.
          Exceptional Success: Same as above, but you may attempt to “rewind” what you see through the River. It is the Storyteller’s discretion as to how far you can see.

Comment

All those powers are cool. The first one seems oddly weak, really. I'd say you could make it disappear from people's memory's entirely, with the -3 penalty only applying if you're trying to move or use the item without them noticing. Or maybe it's -3 while it's in their sight but they forget it as soon as they look away or it's concealed.

Comment

I'm kind of wondering what the maximum power level for Interlocks is, and how overt their powers can be (also, whether they can be directly related to demonic form). For example, would creating elaborate virtual reality scenarios be appropriate for an Interlock?
              Last edited by Geckopirateship; 07-09-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geckopirateship View Post
                I'm kind of wondering what the maximum power level for Interlocks is, and how overt their powers can be (also, whether they can be directly related to demonic form). For example, would creating elaborate virtual reality scenarios be appropriate for an Interlock?

ST's call, really. Granted you can say that about anything, so for a slightly more useful answer....

Interlocks are closer to Embeds than Exploits.They're generally more covert than overt and not as world-shattering as Exploits can be, but can be more obvious and powerful than Embeds (and can even cost Aether). That said, they can still be pretty damn powerful. Elaborate VR scenarios seems possible, but presumably with limitations on time, space, number of subjects, etc. I can see it working well as something real to the subject but hallucinatory to an observer (think the Matrix; 'Your mind makes it real'), maybe using Fractal Reality/Ripple and Recurring Hallucinations as your Keys.

Generally I avoid powers locked to your form, but that's personal preference mostly and in one of the threads in my sig I made a Cipher (The Glutton) based around a specific demonic form (though it was written so you could use all the Interlocks with or without it manifested, though some are far easier with a Cavernous Maw)

EDIT: Duthuras, Mr Dock's Cipher is awesome. A Drop in the Ocean seems a tad powerful (it need a time limit at least) and I dislike Unbind being permanent (kinda feel like that should be your Exceptional Success) but the ST is the real God-Machine.
                Last edited by Eremite; 07-11-2016, 06:58 PM.

Onyx Path Freelancer: Demon Storyteller's Guide, Dark Eras
                Storyteller's Guide Extra Material
                After the Fall: Bonus Material

Comment

Working...
                X