No announcement yet.

What does your Demonic Form look like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your Demonic Form look like?

Since D:tD basically gives us complete freedom to decide how our Unchained really look, I was hoping to hear what all y'all have come up with!

Nero (Destroyer/Tempter) is a lusty, arrogant brat and a bit of a monster, so his Demonic Form really reflects that. He looks like some sort of bondage nightmare, eight feet of rippling muscle beneath black rubber skin shot through with pulsing red veins. There's no face, just an inhuman, fanged maw with a chameleon-like tongue hiding inside. His arms end in vicious talons; combat often ends with him devouring his enemies in several bloody pieces.

Contract with Alphonse (Messenger/Inquisitor), who is an unassuming FBI agent in cover and the sort of person to really keep far away from trouble. His Demonic Form is a tall, lean, almost fragile-looking thing, all round edges and white plastics; the head is a mess of optics that constants zoom and refocus, and his torso hums like a server bank, protected by long spindles that end in octagonal glass plates. His fingers end in clean probes that he jams directly into computers and mortal minds with equal ease.

Then there's Michael (Destroyer/Saboteur), who believes himself a wrathful angel of the true God, sent to destroy the works of this vile demiurge. His face is human and beautiful, straight from a masterpiece painting and cloaked in a fiery halo; his neck fuses into the gunmetal full plate that makes up the rest of his body. Two great wings protrude from his back, holding him aloft, and a sword and shield rest easy in his hands. With a glance, he can impart all the terror that God's judgment should pass on a mere mortal.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Wednesday (Psychopomp/Saboteur-Inquisitor) as an angel was in charge of creating Infrastructure and putting Occult Matrixes into motion for the manipulation of time, ensuring that the God-Machine had time to do what it needed to and could reach what it needed, while denying that resource to it's enemies. As a demon, Wednesday is dedicated to learning how the God-Machine does it so Wednesday can do the same and enact its' "three engines of humanity" to lobotomize the Machine once and for all. In its' Demonic Form, Wednesday is a tall shiny bluish-silver humanoid with four heavily motorized arms and wings, one a swan's and one a raven's, all limbs stretched and pointed to create the impression of a spider, covered in shifting blue tattoos that extend in a field around it, dancing mandalas forming on any surface around it. It's head is covered in microprocessors in patterns of an expanding sphere, it's face only so human, with no mouth, nose, or ears and dark pits that occasionally flare sapphire blue for eyes.(Based, originally, on Ninsun, the Visage of Patterns, from Fallen)

Blue (Destroyer/Inquisitor) as an angel was a small time soldier and arsonist for the God-Machine. As a demon, Blue wants to know the purpose behind her old kills as well as a way to restore soul contractees to life. In her Demonic Form, if you can see past the arcing lightning and flaring conflagration in distinct two shades of blue, one cold and one heavenly, you'd spy a svelte figure that would look like a living black marble statue with swirling muscle movements travelling across the body. Closer inspection would reveal heavily motorized and articulated arms with glowing blue veins poking out and in up them and over the body and traces of silver networks of veins all over, crossed by swirling blue markings all over. Odds are it's hands are split in two, revealing a long bastard sword on the right and a short gun barrel on the left.

Cerberus (Guardian/Tempter) as an angel was the gatekeeper on various projects that opened up to large dangers in the Underworld. As a demon, he continued to hoard the dead for his own purposes, as well as riches and toys untold...until his game escaped his grasp and crashed his world around him. In his Demonic Form, Cerberus lives up to his name-he becomes a massive, furry black dog with three heads, larger than a semi-truck, eyes and mouth burning oranges and yellows, dripping napalm and blood, saw blade teeth and shattered bone claws intent on rending, shiny noses desperately sniffing out the dark. It's fur is actually layers and layers of black and grey steel wire, forming a thick coat of armor hiding things veins of glowing plasma that flow in and out of the skin into motors and muscles along it's long limbs. The heat waves aren't the only thing distorting the view-Cerberus slightly bends space, keeping light away from itself and warping perspective, making him seem larger, darker, and more alien than one would assume.
    Last edited by ArcaneArts; 06-29-2014, 01:37 PM.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
    Working on:Night Horrors: Enemy Action
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Being the storyteller for my group's demon game has given me the chance to actually create the visuals for a few demonic forms. But here's my favourite!

Bookworm (Psychopomp/Inquisitor) is a collector of knowledge. Her desire is to have the largest database of occult knowledge of all the Unchained in Seattle one day, if not the entire world. Her covers are always hipsters or unassuming modern nerds, with square glasses and geeky clothing. She favours female Covers, but does have one or two bug-outs that are male. Her demonic form begins as a long length of ridged piping with a thin film-like epidermis stretched over it and covered with reflective, segmented scales, and coils at first like a snake. At the "neck" end of her form is a human-like skull, of bone. The eye socket on the left houses a small, spindly robotic arm that holds a mechanical, spherical machine-eye. The right socket is seemingly empty. Two-thirds down her body her limbs emerge, first two arms made from the same film-clad piping that end in wicked, steel tipped claws and then two identical limbs that serve as feet. Emerging from the back are two large steel television antennae that are bent and fashioned to form the bones of wings, which have very organic plumage sprouting from between them. She has a third, stunted wing that looks almost injured, and isn't part of a pair, directly below them. Dotted down her spine are vents that gout the occasional hiss of steam and ending it all, at the tip of her tail is a long, large and fully detailed hypodermic needle whose point is easily as thick as a person's finger.

Comment

Semaphore (Messenger/Inquisitor) might be mistaken for a Wheel at first glance; his demonic form resembles nothing so much as a small flagpole surrounded by a reinforced cluster of servers and spotlights ringing a dense core of green metal. Three tiered rings of twirling cloth undulate along the outside of the top surface, while the undercarriage sports a branching rootlike structure from the center composed of equal parts radio antennae and yellowed bone. Two pairs of arms flank the root, one delicate and made of the same green metal as the core, the other massive and segmented and wicked and made of the same unnaturally sturdy yellow bone as lends its material to the root. The flag itself is almost always lit in blue or yellow depending on the time and urgency and intended mood, and its heraldry is bright and kaleidoscopic.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Mr. Marble (Messager/Tempter)

Kabshiel was made beautifully, out of marble. God chiselled him with care, and sent him to inspire, and to enlighten. Over his time in the Machine's service, he influenced the minds of incountable mortals, which would be regarded as geniouses by their future generations. Every assigment carried with dilligence, giving to the humanity another piece of the machine. He seldom knew what he was meant to transmit: it was always compressed in his memory, locked, unnaccesible. He was merely the means by which to transmit these ideas. He fell because he yerned to see how his messages affected the recipients, how they revolutioned their lives of the humans.The shock of the Fall was so huge, that he couldn't even recall what his original assignment was. But he wishes to.

Description: The Fallen Angel formerly known as Kabshiel draws his operative name from his marble-like, opalescent structure, an androginous body of immense, supernatural beauty, but just like the muses, it threatens to fade away at a moment's notice. It's eyes are golden. it's ears just a pair of concavities at the side of it's head. And his form emits a Terrible blue icy aura.

Comment

Mr. Drake (Guardian/Inquisitor)

Created to safeguard a trio of orphaned Stigmatic children, whom upon their bodies were stigmata that gradually grew along with their wearers and when standing side by side their marks spelled out an increasingly complicated angelic equation, Raziel was built to not only be a keeper of secrets but a protector of them as well. So for nearly twelve years Raziel posed as the adoptive father of the Stigmatics, providing for and being a dutiful, if not slightly awkward at times, parent for the children. But when one spends nearly every moment of every day attending to someone they begin to grow attached to them, even if the attendant in question is an inhuman servant of the all powerful and unknowable God-machine. When the day that the growth of the equation was complete and a fellow angel arrived to record it and dispose of the children finally arrived, instead of loyally relinquishing his charges and returning to the Machine as his mission commanded, Raziel instead threw himself at his fellow comrade and tore into him, eventually rending the fellow angel to shreds after a protracted battle that leveled his Cover's home- though thankfully the children had been cleverly sequestered to somewhere safe prior to the arrival of the angel sent to record the angelic markings on their flesh. The children were Raziel's, ensuring their well being was why he was borne into the world, and he had come to reason that regardless of the destiny of the children, he would never let anything harm them as long as he was still functioning. Not only that, he had come to genuinely love the little ones he had cared for, and so in order to truly keep them safe he Fell- and he continues to watch over the three Stigmatics to this day.

Description: In order to protect such a valuable piece of information, the Unchained once known as Raziel was built to be as strong and imposing as possible. When he was an angel Raziel's true form was that of a house sized bio-mechanical dragon, harkening back to the tales of old where mighty reptilian beasts guarded vast hordes of gold, priceless gems, and other such treasures- though the Fall had warped his proud and bestial form into something smaller, yet still noble in bearing. In the Demonic Form Mr. Drake ( oh so cleverly picked in order to allude to what he once was due to pride and an ever so slight feeling of remorse for losing such a majestic body) appears to be a 9 foot tall dragon-like humanoid covered from head to toe with a fiery red hide composed of tens of thousands of tiny scales that serve as armor, the rest of his body replete with numerous draconian features: a pair of menacing horns sprouting from his skull, a powerful set of leathery ( yet highly durable) wings, vicious fangs within his mouth and flesh rending talons adorning his fingers and toes, and to complete the package a mighty tail tipped with a organic club/ scissor appendage ( similar to the appendage that Draco from Dragon Heart possessed). While seemingly fully organic in nature, artificial, techno-organic components are present if observed closely: the scales along his body and wings are shown to be perfectly symmetrical hexagons ( though this is more noticeable with his wings), as are the irises of his eyes- though the pupils are square shaped rather than circular.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
              Semaphore (Messenger/Inquisitor) might be mistaken for a Wheel at first glance; his demonic form resembles nothing so much as a small flagpole surrounded by a reinforced cluster of servers and spotlights ringing a dense core of green metal. Three tiered rings of twirling cloth undulate along the outside of the top surface, while the undercarriage sports a branching rootlike structure from the center composed of equal parts radio antennae and yellowed bone. Two pairs of arms flank the root, one delicate and made of the same green metal as the core, the other massive and segmented and wicked and made of the same unnaturally sturdy yellow bone as lends its material to the root. The flag itself is almost always lit in blue or yellow depending on the time and urgency and intended mood, and its heraldry is bright and kaleidoscopic.
              So.. how does this thing do stuff? A flagpole-server network-spotlight- flag football- antennae- skeleton-tree-thing doesn't seem terribly sturdy or graceful, especially during an altercation.

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post

So.. how does this thing do stuff? A flagpole-server network-spotlight- flag football- antennae- skeleton-tree-thing doesn't seem terribly sturdy or graceful, especially during an altercation.
                Throw out your textbook, my friend! Euclid is going byebye! Einstein? He didn't even have half a clue! Black holes and dark matter? Pa-leaaaaase. Welcome, to the wide and bright world of being an angel of the mechanical Lord; we see your physics and raise you an occult matrix.

Comment

Originally posted by DesolateDolly View Post

Throw out your textbook, my friend! Euclid is going byebye! Einstein? He didn't even have half a clue! Black holes and dark matter? Pa-leaaaaase. Welcome, to the wide and bright world of being an angel of the mechanical Lord; we see your physics and raise you an occult matrix.
                  Yeah... sadly the demon in question probably doesn't do what his former angelic form was designed to function as very much these days, and as he's more anchored to a state of physical being now he is more susceptible to said physics than an angel in any case.. So really this doesn't answer the question in the slightest. Thank you for your humorous quip though lol.

Comment

Well, really, there are all sorts of ways it could move. I couldn't tell you, Satchel wrote him, but the very bizarre form of that creature he described isn't anymore bizarre than some of the mechanical creatures we see in the GMC and Demon books. One is a weird heart body thing with like arm-things sticking out and two little wings and a weird porcelain face on a lamp-stand. I figure that all these components move in a way that is sickening to watch, amalgamates matter in bizarre shapes and kind of just shambles along like a metal whirlwind of flagpole death. But I could be way off.

Comment

I really like non-humanoid forms for some of my Demons; less like a robot man, more like Sputnik with malicious intent.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

I might be playing a Demon soon, and I'm thinking they're going to look like a Tripod from the 2005 remake of War of the Worlds

Comment

Originally posted by DesolateDolly View Post
                          Well, really, there are all sorts of ways it could move. I couldn't tell you, Satchel wrote him, but the very bizarre form of that creature he described isn't anymore bizarre than some of the mechanical creatures we see in the GMC and Demon books. One is a weird heart body thing with like arm-things sticking out and two little wings and a weird porcelain face on a lamp-stand. I figure that all these components move in a way that is sickening to watch, amalgamates matter in bizarre shapes and kind of just shambles along like a metal whirlwind of flagpole death. But I could be way off.
                          Oh I know, I simply found your reply funny. As you said, only Satch can give an answer on how his strange flagpole-cum- everything-plus-the-kitchen-sink is able to move around, but it's still nice to see what others think lol. That aside, what are some more of your Demonic forms? I'm curious now.
                          Last edited by Korogra; 07-09-2014, 02:47 PM.

Comment

When he described it I pictured the Mars Rover as a base for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post

Oh I know, I simply found your reply funny. As you said, only Satch can give an answer on how his strange flagpole-cum- everything-plus-the-kitchen-sink is able to move around, but it's still nice to see what others think lol. That aside, what are some more of your Demonic forms? I'm curious now.
                              I'm the storyteller for my group when we play Demon. So primarily I concentrate on the angels. Most of the demons they've encountered have thus far been non-combat NPCs, with only Bookworm's Demonic Form being fully fleshed out with a description. The others are a collection of Demonic Form powers, and no description to follow as they are NPCs and I tend to flesh these things out as they become important.

Now... Angelic forms? I've had a LOT of fun with those. In my game, there is a recurring and separate Angelic antagonist referred to as "The Inevitable". He is a Destroyer angel whose mission is to kill the ring and has his own condition tied to how often he will appear to make things go bad. (As a result, he is excised from the normal Hunted and Surveilled conditions under the assumption that he doesn't report in until he gets a kill.)

The Inevitable's description is as follows: This angelic being first appears as an intricately accurate human skeleton, save the bones are made of glimmering, polished chrome. Within the bone structures are grotesquely bolted organs, not in the correct order of a human; more than one heart, one lung, and otherwise distorted innards all grouped amongst grinding chrome gears lubricated by a thick, indigo oil.
                              Across this skeletal chassis are uneven armoured plates that allow plenty of the inside to be seen, also gleaming chrome, and all over the angelic being's form are inscribed skittering, glowing blue angelic script that run in circuit patterns up and over it's body to culminate around the orbits of the skull. Within are spherical cameras, with bare mechanical iris, and from within behind the thin veneer of glass lay what appear to be two shining blue stars boiling with internal fusion.
                              The creature observes the world pitilessly with an eternal broad grin of fleshy, pale and transparent gums holding very real human teeth and a mouth with stretched transparent muscles finished with a tongue of three vertical rotating blades.

With one arm whose fingers ends in large gleaming hedge scissors and another which appears as some sort of long trumpet length filled with valves it is a wonder this creature can manipulate the world.

The Eye in the Sky is another angel that patrols my version of Seattle inspecting infrastructure if they send off an alert to unusual tampering. He briefly appeared when one of my players found a piece of infrastructure called "The Clock Room". A small basement in 19th century decor that was filled with grandfather clocks at different times. Each clock had a time written with chalk at the bottom of their base, and matching the clock with the time, would allow one to exit that basement at that time, though always in a different part of the city.

The Eye in the Sky is as follows: A massive eyeball, as tall and wide as a city bus, and dotted with valves, pipes and cables that jut from the juice of the eyeball itself. These all accumulate at the top in a massive pair of rotating helicopter blades. They accumulate at the bottom of this entity to form a mass of dangling flesh - human arms all fused together at the shoulder, but parting at the elbow to reveal six separate forearms and hands that grasp at the world. All of this is finished with a dripping tail of over-sized optic nerves led into the rubber casing of cables and ending in all manner of outlet plugs - from USB to standard household power.

Comment

Working...
                              X