No announcement yet.

Lambda Gadgets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: what would be the best combination of Embeds/Exploits/Powers for making a USB cord that can download memories and thoughts from a person's mind and digitize them?

Comment

Originally posted by Geckopirateship View Post
      Question: what would be the best combination of Embeds/Exploits/Powers for making a USB cord that can download memories and thoughts from a person's mind and digitize them?
      That's probably just a Form gadget of the Memory Theft Process, if you ask me.

2E Legacy Updates
      Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
      Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
      Storm Keepers

Comment

Hmm. That gives me an idea. Since Goetics are a thing, and Demons know about them (since Rip The Gates lets them walk right into the Astral), could you download and incarnate someone's thoughts and memories? Maybe a Lambda with Memory Theft, [something], and Hellhounds?
        Last edited by Vent0; 09-20-2016, 01:53 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
          Hmm. That give me an idea. Since Goetics are a thing, and Demons know about them (since Rip The Gates lets them walk right into the Astral), could you download and incarnate someone's thoughts and memories? Maybe a Lambda with Memory Theft, [something], and Hellhounds?
          Ohhhhhhhh my god

Slap those on a pistol, and you've made a fully-functioning Evoker. I love it.

Comment

Hmm. That give me an idea. Since Goetics are a thing, and Demons know about them (since Rip The Gates lets them walk right into the Astral), could you download and incarnate someone's thoughts and memories? Maybe a Lambda with Memory Theft, [something], and Hellhounds?
            Hmmm...I wouldn't think you'd need more than Memory Theft and Hellhounds, but maybe Ephemeral Cover?

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
            Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
            He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post

Hmmm...I wouldn't think you'd need more than Memory Theft and Hellhounds, but maybe Ephemeral Cover?
              Well, maybe you don't. I just feel like there might need to be an intermediary step between "get memories/thoughts" and "make Cryptids". I could see it working directly as well. <shrug>

EDIT: If it is only two, a third could add the ever-fun Rain of Blood to incarnate a small towns' worth of thoughts, feelings, and memories. Or you could set up a kind of throne for a Forbidden Planet kind of thing.

...Actually, I might transplant that to the Plot Thread...
              Last edited by Vent0; 09-20-2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Ephemeral Abattoir (Solitary Confinement + Ephemeral Cover)- Inspired by one of the sample "fusion Exploits" from the Storyteller Guide, it pulls a specific type of Ephemeral in contact or colocation with it into a extradimensional space filled with MURDER.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post

I feel like near-fielding Urban Legend could accomplish a fair bit of this.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                  Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post

I feel like near-fielding Urban Legend could accomplish a fair bit of this.
                    Just Urban Legend, or as a component in the above Lambda?

Paranoia Engine (Memory Theft + Everybody Knows + Urban Legend): Extracts someone's paranoid delusions to manifest in the physical world. For best results, use on someone with pre-existing paranoid delusions. Do not use on individuals under 5 years in age.
                    Last edited by Vent0; 09-20-2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Just Urban Legend, or as a component in the above Lambda?
                      Lambda with Heart's Desire or Sum of All Fears or Partitioned Memory, depending on the particular tenor of subject, in all probability.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

How's this?

Everybody Knows + Authority = Contagious Protest Sign. It appears as a rusted square of metal welded to an iron rod. A demand has been painted onto its face. A Kirlian lens reveals built-in circuitry. When used to champion a cause written onto its face, this sign convinces all observers that the protest is both factually accurate and something that they should join in.

Comment

Some ideas I had regarding Form Lambdas for Evolved Form:

Black-hole Eruptor (Eliminator Cannon + Newton's Nightmares + Ripple): Instead of firing explosives, this weapon now launches a charge that temporarily creates a localized zone of intense gravity - a miniature singularity. Anything within double the normal blast radius is sucked towards the epicenter, taking damage as they are ripped apart by the gravational forces. The singularity dissipates at the end of the Turn following the one it detonated.

Blade-Eater Hide (Armored Plates + Disintegrate + Break To Heal): Whenever an inanimate object is blocked by the armor (has any of its damage reduced), it crumbles to dust, healing its Structure in Lethal or Bashing damage on the wearer. Smaller objects like bullets usually can be treated as Structure 1.

Song of Death (Voice of the Angel + Ultimatum + Ripple): This lets out a dreadful keening - those who hear it and cannot resist must listen to the wail or be turned to dust. Yes, being struck deaf by the initial blast counts as "no longer listening".

Comment

Some more Form Lambdas:

Revenant Protocol (Form Lambda, Resistors + Play Possum + Animate): The Demon enters a death-like state upon the next attack, seemingly slain by the assault... only to rise in undead fury. After activation, the Demon takes no actual damage but appears dead, yet animated by their own power. Only complete destruction of their body will kill the Demon, and at the end of the combat Scene, they are restored as if no damage taken during it occurred.

​Eye of Sauron (Form Lambda, Clairvoyant Sight + The Look): You can look in on and paralyze any target you know from anywhere.
                            Balar's Gaze (above + Hellfire): Upon your choosing, any target you know can spontaneously burst into flames and ash.

Digital Summoner (Form Lambda, Data Form + Summon): As long as the target is near any kind of signal, the Demon can pull them through the Internet to their location instantly.
                            "By Bell and Datagram, I command thee! In the name of Turing and Marconi, I compel thee! Appear before me Greg J. Walscott of FedEx, and bring me what is mine!"
                            Last edited by Vent0; 09-22-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X