No announcement yet.

Demon Translation Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitable for porting the Luciferan faction from DtF to DtD.

Comment

• So i've been scouring the forums and the interwebs. What ever happened to the character sheet for this?

Comment

• No idea. Sort of just fell silent...

nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
        WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
        and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

• I actually managed to make a decent Translation Guide sheet myself. It's just the Descent sheet hacked up and re-formatted with some new text, but it gets the job done. Is this a good place to post it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Stitch View Post
            I actually managed to make a decent Translation Guide sheet myself. It's just the Descent sheet hacked up and re-formatted with some new text, but it gets the job done. Is this a good place to post it?
            Sure, don't see why not.

nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
            WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
            and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

• Hmm, the forum won't accept the file. Is there a place I could post it where people who need it could find it easily?

Comment

• https://drive.google.com/open?id=12O...J8hVh8MNGUVMER

Here's a direct link to the file, maybe this'll work.

Comment

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12O...J8hVh8MNGUVMER

Here's a direct link to the file, maybe this'll work.
                  On following the link I found a (very nice) Demon: The Fallen character sheet. Is this what you meant by a "translation guide?"

Comment

I actually managed to make a decent Translation Guide sheet myself. It's just the Descent sheet hacked up and re-formatted with some new text, but it gets the job done. Is this a good place to post it?
                    Bolded for emphasis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bael the Cruel View Post
                      So i've been scouring the forums and the interwebs. What ever happened to the character sheet for this?
                      Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
                      No idea. Sort of just fell silent...
                      I am sooooo sorry. I could have sworn I posted about it here.

Back when I was trying to work on this it just started to seem impossible. There seemed to be no set way of translating things, and you could mix and match systems from the various games. I couldn't think of a way to make a sheet that would let the user mix and match in that way. I'd basically have to make a sheet for every permeation of the systems... At least that's how it seemed to me. So, I just kind of abandoned it. It didn't seem as straight forward as the other translations guides, where I could basically make a sheet for each game, and then mix up the aesthetic. I mean, I could have done that for this, but that's not really how the translation worked, since Demon the Descent and Demon the Fallen are essentially two different types of beings.

If y'all have some new thoughts on how a sheet for this might be, I'd be willing to revisit it...

Originally posted by Mr. Stitch View Post
                      So, this is a sheet for Demon the Fallen made using the Translation Guide?

MrGone's Character Sheets
                      For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

• The demon translation guide was the only book I disliked enough to ask for a refund from Drivethrurpg (the only other refund requested was because I bought two Wayfarers Guide to Eberron instead of one).

Others might like it, I'm not trying to be hater, just giving my two cents.

Comment

• Gone: Yeah it is, though it's kind of unfinished. It needs a row of boxes for Torment Points.

I'm working on a full-and-proper rules conversion in my spare time, and making two sets of rules so that the game can be played via 1st or 2nd Edition NWoD/CoD rules.

From what I've seen, if you're not a fan of Condtions, Tilts, Breaking Points, and other 2nd ed stuff, then using Torment Points is the best method for playing with 1st Ed NWoD rules.

Omegaphallic: I know how you feel dude, I was PISSED when that thing dropped. It's a mess, and hardly covers the basics of what you need to run Fallen in NWoD/CoD. That's why I'm working on the rules conversions, cause those of us who want a cleaner, streamlined version of Fallen deserve something that's functional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                            The demon translation guide was the only book I disliked enough to ask for a refund from Drivethrurpg (the only other refund requested was because I bought two Wayfarers Guide to Eberron instead of one).

Others might like it, I'm not trying to be hater, just giving my two cents.
                            Oh wow...sorry to hear that. I never read it mind you, but still. Sorry...

Originally posted by Mr. Stitch View Post
                            Gone: Yeah it is, though it's kind of unfinished. It needs a row of boxes for Torment Points.
                            Ah, well that's cool. You did a pretty job with it all things considered.

MrGone's Character Sheets
                            For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post

Ah, well that's cool. You did a pretty job with it all things considered.
                              Why thank you!

Comment

• Once DtF and DtD are in the Storyteller's Vault, it might be a good idea for some entrepreneur with knowledge of both to publish a Translation Guide Supplemental. I know I'd like to publish one dedicated specifically to matters involving DtD vs. Inferno (which, frankly, is at least as good a for as DtF vs. DtD); but there's definitely more that could have been done with the official Translation Guide with respect to the latter comparison as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X