No announcement yet.

Demon Translation Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: I've added my rules conversions to the G-Drive, including the system-specific rules (harvesting faith, thralls, revelation, etc.), updated demonic Lores, and an updated Apocalyptic Form creation system. I also want to implement a power balancing system to the Fallen template, something like how Changelings gain Frailties or Unchained gain Glitches. I'm thinking of calling them "Marks of the Beast" or "Marks" for short; they start as minor things (hair/eye color changes, the faint smell of smoke or sea-breeze) then graduate to obvious physical changes at the highest levels of Faith (horns, a tail, weird body shape, glowing veins). Any input on this would be much appreciated.

Here's the link to the folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15r...D507S2Pc3ETZ1y

In addition, anyone think it'd be worth trying to mock up a NWoD conversion for the Earthbound rules? I only just found out their supplement lets you make them PCs and I think that'd be fun.

Comment

• P.S. Understand that the Lores and Form creation are still works-in-progress, especially the former. Any input you all could offer for tweaks and balances is welcome and appreciated.

Comment

• I haven't finished reading through but the part where none of the examples have been updated for the rules you are testing out is bugging me. Like an itch in my brain.

Will be back later with more ideas; would also like to check your feelings on the official Translation guide. Admittedly it lacks the details on the Lores and various subsystems, but it can help highlight which parts need to be reworked and which parts you wish to deviate from.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
          I haven't finished reading through but the part where none of the examples have been updated for the rules you are testing out is bugging me. Like an itch in my brain.
          Cheers mate, I totally spaced on those, I'll fix them ASAP.

As for the TG itself, like you said it's got some good ideas, and it's a great springboard to jump from, but the fact that it's missing those critical components and completely botched the Apocalyptic Form conversion mean that a framework is all it can really be. Just my opinion.

Though I was amused that the "God-Machine is an outside invader that both Fallen and Unchained can fight" is an official plot hook, cause I came up with that on my own after the translation guide was announced

Comment

• Penny for your thoughts: In editing the aforementioned examples, I'm wondering if the 'Freebie Points' system shouldn't be kept in-game. XP grants in NWoD can't really beef up a character the same way FPs can in OWoD. Should I just keep the FP system or could it break the game?

Comment

• In that particular that example was the most caring but all of them seem to use the OWoD system.

But as far as the freebie points go; the hard cap of what the demon has basically prevents ridiculous growth, so the change to the experience point system is less bad than it intially seems. For example those 10 freebies spent on two attributes (1 Stamina & 1 Dexterity) would be reconfigured to 15 XP which is actually worth 3 attributes (5 a piece). Which is the opposite problem compared what you were suggesting.
              The Chronicles update switched the experience system to flat costs and each experience point is comparable to five of the old nWoD experience (beats are similar).

So the change shouldn't break the system.

And you've updated the doc, back to reading.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Working...
              X