X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter your glitches here

I'll start with a catastrophic brand:

Damn, I love it.

The main one I have in mind, one I want to start in play with when I play this, is that regardless of cover, the demon always has the same distinctive eye color-a different, brilliant shade of blue for each eye, one more 'heavenly', one more 'icy'.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
    Working on:The Hedge(?), Night Horrors: Enemy Action
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Sig Sawaa, Kino's Journey

Comment

My Stigmatic's brand turned his irises crimson red.

Comment

The two most outstanding Glitches in my play-test group were both Tells.

One belonged to a Demon named Door, whose character concept was that he was an entire building. Each of his covers was a tenant, and he had Demon House so he could control the building. In accordance with his concept he hated things being in disrepair, so he had a compulsion to fix things. This was most prominent when he stopped halfway through an operation to repair on out of order elevator.

The second was on a Demon named Silver (or Mr. Silver) an Inquisitor inspired by Rod Serling and the Twilight Zone. His inspiration, inquisitiveness, and doubt lead to a fantastic glitch: Silver couldn't speak in definitive statements. So most of his sentences started with lines like: "Perhaps..." or "Consider if you will..." or "Imagine for a moment...". It was a crazy hard glitch to pull off, but his player did it so damn well.

Onyx Path Moderator
        Mod Voice is RED*
        *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
        Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

Originally posted by PenDragon View Post
          The second was on a Demon named Silver (or Mr. Silver) an Inquisitor inspired by Rod Serling and the Twilight Zone. His inspiration, inquisitiveness, and doubt lead to a fantastic glitch: Silver couldn't speak in definitive statements. So most of his sentences started with lines like: "Perhaps..." or "Consider if you will..." or "Imagine for a moment...". It was a crazy hard glitch to pull off, but his player did it so damn well.
          Stay out of my brain, Pen. I mean it this time.

Comment

Do demon's sweat? they must, to not sweat would ruin covers.

Acidic Sweat

I had a pair of glasses once that were made from cheap plastic, that from the natural chemicals in my sweat, the plastic began to degrade.
            Imagine this as a Brand, it could come in all 3 forms.

Minor: your sweet shows as acidic. At the extreme upper level of what is possible for a human.
            Over long time, items exposed to your skin, suffer the effects. Discolouration and extra wear on clothing.

Major: Your sweat is as acid, and has similar effects to fairly strong acids. In addition to worsening the effects of the lower levels,
            it now displays acidic chemical effects. For example, it reacts with metals, and so if you drip swat while running on metal stairs, you can be tracked by the visible markigns where the surface layer of metal has been dissolved. Mortals touching your sweat won't be harmed, but it will sting slightly.

Catastrophic:
            Your sweat is cartoon levels of strong. If you could be squeezed for a cup of sweat it would be weaponisable. As it is there is not enough to seriously damage someone, but it might be usable to inflict a tilt in combat from the burning sensation. During intense physical exertion, your cloths are quickly deteriorated. If barefoot, your prints can be clearly seen etched in to metal, and markings may be seen on other materials such as wood or stone.

Also I guess you could have a Minor Brand: Can't Sweat

Comment

I've been working on a circuitry brand type glitch that my character has tried covering up with a tattoo. I assume the glitch will get worse and worse as the story progresses which will necessitate the character adding more and more to the tattoo. http://i.imgur.com/OHK31pd.jpg

Some day we'll look back on this, laugh awkwardly and change the subject.

Comment

After the story I ran last night/yesterday,
                here are the glitches I came up with (posting because ST's are going to need a ton of glitches for the campaigns, I had one player who always had temporary glitchs equal to his primum, (a few hours in to the game). Everytime one would expire he would, gain another, renewing it)
                I think I needed about 10 of them over 3 chapter, even heavily recycling.
                Acid Sweet, as describe above was a hit with the players.

Minor Tell: two handed handshake

Major: High Frequency Whine: If you stand too close to radio equipment, there is a quiet high pitched audio tone added.
                Major: Bushy Eyebrows, Eyebrows that are intensly bushy and resemble a steel wool.
                Major: Workshop scent. You always smell like a workshop where angle grinding, and arc welding have been recently done

Comment

I'm having trouble sorting out whether this would be major or catastrophic:

Tell: Speaks in quotations.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                  Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Major if in their own voice. Catastrophic if said in the voice of the person who originally said the quote.

Comment

Depends on how attributable or notable the quotations are required to be.

Honestly, you could make a case for it being Minor, if you knew enough fans/nerds/whatever. :P

Comment

I'd also put in that, with perfect memories, it would not be terribly too hard to amass a large volume of material to draw from. Your written correspondence would also not be affected with the glitch as written, so really it seems to only make for awkward conversations.

Comment

Let's get some emanations up in this thread.

I'm looking at you, Vocal embeds and exploits based on them.

Remix
                          Minor Emanation: Your voice has a processed quality, not necessarily auto-tuned but definitely not a live performance
                          Major Emanation: Your voice is definitely auto-tuned or heavily sampled/filtered.
                          Catastrophic Emanation: From bad dubs to celebrities caught in a lip-sync fiasco. A complete mis-match
                          -- Emanations tend to affect an environment but I wonder if this one could be a brand.

This one's for the guardians.

is that a 6 or a 9?
                          Minor Emanation: timepieces around you tell slightly different times. Within the same hour
                          Major Emanation: timepieces around you tell markedly different times Within the same 6 hour period
                          Catastrophic Emanation: time pieces around you tell impossible times, even analogue timepieces.(i.e. 5 and 3/8 past -255)

For all the Mundane embeds

The rationale behind this one is that Mundane embeds tend to promote stealth and normalcy. These glitches are a perversion of that premise. The glitch's effects put the demon in increasingly more obvious central roles. That said, these glitches especially can wreak havoc with the tone of your game.

Take 1
                          Minor Emanation: unscripted t.v. Odd, but plausible and completely unscripted events tend to happen around your demon. People who don't get along run into each other more often. Someone DEFINITELY makes a scene at the restaurant/party. Random strangers tend to be more candid with their innermost thoughts around you. You may find yourself in the middle of a flash-mob.. (is that still a thing?)
                          Major Emanation: You are the focus of all the "completely unscripted events". Your cover's high-school/childhood sweetheart/enemy happens to re-enter your life. Your cover is the target of a proposal which makes it on Youtube.
                          Catastrophic Emanation: A context appropriate soundtrack may accompany you. Perhaps your cover is now a Real Housewife of a major city. Disney Princesses have nothing on you - spontaneous dance numbers are not-unheard of.

Can't think of anything interesting for Cacaphonic embeds right now, maybe later.
                          Last edited by Rixx; 02-20-2014, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Tossed a fun one on one of the wheels. I called it "pieces and parts". The demon was fond of the phrase "a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" as a major glitch she saw everything in terms of their component parts. A truck wasn't a truck, it was a configuration of engine parts, axels, tires, a muffler ect... We had fun manifesting it in both rolls and story.

Comment

Tell: Compulsive nicknaming.
                              Emanation: Converts nearby writing into futhark.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                              Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Working...
                              X