Enter your glitches here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rixx View Post
    Catastrophic Emanation: A context appropriate soundtrack may accompany you. Perhaps your cover is now a Real Housewife of a major city. Disney Princesses have nothing on you - spontaneous dance numbers are not-unheard of.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCO0J1N661U

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Infrastructure.

Rule #2: Never let the game-mechanics get in the way of a good story.

Comment

I have a Demon who styles himself a Christian/Gnostic angel tasked with smashing the works of the demiurge. The first Glitch on his list is shouting "Be not afraid!" whenever he enters a room, even when he's in Cover.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Lichtenberg brandings

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Infrastructure.

Rule #2: Never let the game-mechanics get in the way of a good story.

Comment

Those Lichtenberg brandings are fascinating.

My Saboteur has only developed one minor glitch so far, although it's permanent. The irises of her eyes suffer from image compression errors; they slowly change color, but only in tiny bits at a time, resulting in a subtle image-noise effect.

Comment

I came up with an excellent tell the other day, and I am writing it down so I don't forget it.

Tell - Leitmotif

For some reason, whenever the demon is the focus of a scene or doing something important, a particular song or tune plays. It could be that someone happens to get a phonecall and it's the ringtone, or it's playing on the radio, it comes on a TV ad or a passerby feels compelled to whistle that particular tune.

Edit: Ahaha, I see someone had posted it in the thread before me :P
            Last edited by Xenesis; 09-26-2014, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
              Tell: Compulsive nicknaming.
              Emanation: Converts nearby writing into futhark.
              Thank you satchel for mentioning Futhark! I think I have a Tell version of that emanation
              Last edited by xiongrey; 09-26-2014, 01:49 PM.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

What about a Glitch that causes digital characters (video games, cartoons, CGI movies, est) to take on a life of their own and begin acting in a manner they weren't programmed or recorded to do? It could be called "Playing God Machine" or something like that.

Then your Demon convinces people to play Creepy Pasta games while they watch, and lets the good times role!

Minor: The digital characters manifest free will and become aware that somebody is observing them, but they don't know who or where. They may start asking questions out into open space thinking the player is some kind of deity.

Major: The digital characters not only manifest free will, but they appear to know personal details about the audience. They know who is watching them, and can interact with them accordingly, such as holding a conversation.

Catastrophic: The digital characters manifest in the world as hard-light holograms, If they stray more than a certain distance from their screen, they dissipate, but otherwise they can physically interact with the mortal world.
                Last edited by Nyrufa; 09-28-2014, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Stigmatic Brand: Blue Blood is really like the idea of blood blue.

Comment

Catastrophic Glitches=

Emanation- The reflections of people in the Demons' vicinity are instead the victims of said Demon rather than their own.

Branding- The Demon's skin routinely crumbles and flakes away in patches like ashes, revealing glimpses of the demonic form beneath for a few seconds before reforming - only to do so again in different spots moments later.

Tell- The Demon will speak the True Names of any person he meets for the first time.

Major Glitches=

Emanation- The Demon causes Book titles to change so that they give allusions to the secret occult world around people - while still being connected to the book's them to boot.

Branding- The Demon's eyes glow brightly whenever an act of violence occurs in their presence.

Tell- The Demon shouts in pain when words of religious devotion are said near them.

Minor Glitches=

Emanation- people/characters on TV will causally bring up the viewer's name in the Demon's vicinity.

Branding- The Demon's fingernails change color/shade of color when a person turns away and looks back at them.

Tell- The Demon quietly hisses if water touches them.
                    Last edited by Korogra; 07-20-2016, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                      What about a Glitch that causes digital characters (video games, cartoons, CGI movies, est) to take on a life of their own and begin acting in a manner they weren't programmed or recorded to do? It could be called "Playing God Machine" or something like that.

Then your Demon convinces people to play Creepy Pasta games while they watch, and lets the good times role!

Minor: The digital characters manifest free will and become aware that somebody is observing them, but they don't know who or where. They may start asking questions out into open space thinking the player is some kind of deity.

Major: The digital characters not only manifest free will, but they appear to know personal details about the audience. They know who is watching them, and can interact with them accordingly, such as holding a conversation.

Catastrophic: The digital characters manifest in the world as hard-light holograms, If they stray more than a certain distance from their screen, they dissipate, but otherwise they can physically interact with the mortal world.
                      These all would be emanations though, me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post

Tell- The Demon will speak the True Names of any person he meets for the first time.

Major Glitches=

Branding- The Demon's eyes glow brightly whenever an act of violence occurs in their presence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephsy View Post
                          kind of like that, yeah.

Comment

What can I say, I'm a lover of the classics...

Binding Symbol- Tells

The demon has acquired a personal symbol that influences his behavior. The behavior is commonly expressed in an inability to affect the symbol or interact with anything inside the pattern or in some cases anything directly touching it (including opening a door with the symbol carved upon it or physically touching a person wearing the symbol on their neck or as a tattoo). More unique behaviors experienced by individual demons are also possible. The symbol in question is usually made up of a series of geometric figures interlocked with one another in a pattern that is both beautiful and sinister to the eyes of mortals. The dimensions almost always have to be mathematically precise and may hold so occult significance in their numbers for the highly learned or insanely paranoid. Note that a demon can find itself trapped within such a pattern on occasion, usually by unwittingly entering an incomplete symbol and finding himself entrapped as the designer inscribes the final portion of the pattern. Escape usually necessitates making a pact that heavily favors the mortals or a clever or brutal use of embeds to indirectly destroy the pattern (a rain of blood usually does the trick...as does causing the ceiling to collapse. So long as the mathematical alignments are met, the pattern can be carved, drawn, or a physical item. Only in rare cases will this glitch have more specific requirements such as being drawn in blood or carved with tools made of some precious metal.

Minor- The symbol is unique to that Demon, and unlikely to be known or discovered by outside parties unless powerful divinations are employed or the Demon himself lets the secret slip.

Major- The symbol has manifested in several Demons over the centuries, and may appear in obscure texts. Often the Demons will have something in common with the character, making it possible to "trace" or otherwise deduce the Demon's vulnerability with enough knowledge of the Demon and painstaking research on the part of those willing to exploit the weakness.

Catastrophic- The Demon's symbol, although needing to be mathematically precise in its proportions, is otherwise well known or common knowledge. Examples include religious symbols such as crosses, pentragrams, the Seal of Solomon, and so forth.

Comment

Tell: Hats

Minor: Must wear some type of hat during the night
                              Major: Must wear a hat whenever outdoors.
                              Catastrophic: Must wear a hat at all times.

Brand: Teeth

Minor: One of your teeth is an abnormal color, such as green or purple.
                              Major: Most of your teeth resemble those of a certain animal.
                              Catastrophic: You possess teeth that do not match those of any earthly animal, which come out whenever you open your mouth.

Emanation: Rot

Minor: Any house you sleep in starts smelling faintly of sulphur after a while.
                              Major: All carcasses and food exposed to the air within your immediate presence attract a lot more flies than they should.
                              Catastrophic: Your very presence causes meat to rot, milk to sour and metal to rust. This may cause sickness in others and the collapse of structures.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
                                Tell: Hats

Catastrophic: Must wear a hat at all times.
                                Oh Jeebus, my Cover is so Glitched gais. halp me plz.

Seriously though, I am this Glitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X