No announcement yet.

Demon Storyteller's Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you mean? I gave one of my angels that incept strictly for the secondsry benefit. I mean, its a bit.. Beasty, sorta like their ability to break open doors and bless their kin.. is that it, or something else?

Comment

• Damn it Onyx Path, your sorcerers have charmed the money out of my wallet again. I wasn't going to buy this book, since I don't have any plans to run Demon in the immediate future. As soon as I saw the announcement that it was released though I couldn't help myself, I bought and downloaded it straight away. I've only just had a quick scroll through but it looks great. Glad to see the section explaining Cyphers because to be perfectly honest I never understood that idea at all. The artwork and layout is beautiful. Just looking at this book gets me excited about Demon.

...maybe I can persuade one of my friends to run a game of Demon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleverest of Things View Post
        What do you mean? I gave one of my angels that incept strictly for the secondsry benefit.
        Delivery works to its fullest extent when used to summon/retrieve and enhance other ephemeral beings, which is an established course of action for the Machine to take.

Are exiles still capable of using Incepts?

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post

I'd say yes.

Exiles haven't had their admin access revoked the way demons have, they're still ephemeral beings, they're still angels, they're just not getting command and communication from the G-m. They're basically Milton from Office Space.

Comment

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post
            I'd recommend the ST decides on a case-by-case basis. The level of Abandonment by the God-Machine varies - sometimes It cancels Incept privileges, sometimes it doesn't. There doesn't seem to be any discernible pattern to it. Wise demons are wary around Exiles; they can be dangerous foes, but also very useful allies.

Writer. Developer. WoD | CofD | The Trinity Continuum 19 books and counting...

Comment

• Can somebody give me examples of what Dynamic Covers do? Not quite sure how it works, especially given Force Relationship and...that one Embed that recontextualizes your cover in FoH exists.

Mage the Awakening 2e Communal Homebrew Threads:
              - Perils of the Path - Other homebrew threads linked in the OP!

Join us at the unofficial IRC channels on.irc.sorcery.net at #exalted and now #theonyxpath!

Comment

• Ok, am I the only one who is crazy enough ( with my friend who helps me ) who found latin in the book? I mean, does it have any meaning or not? It's the binary code near the text... or are we simply losing minds?

Comment

• The intro fiction to this book was amazing. For me it joins "Some running night" and "Desert Dreaming Hunt" as some of the CoD's best fiction.

Comment

• I bet Bunyip is happy to hear that!

Open the gates of Hell: Random Demon Generator.

Shapeshifting Historian
                    Freelancer - Shattered Dreams, Dark Eras Companion - Forsaken by Rome

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirby Jerusalem View Post
                      Can somebody give me examples of what Dynamic Covers do? Not quite sure how it works, especially given Force Relationship and...that one Embed that recontextualizes your cover in FoH exists.
                      I presume you mean dynamic legend.

You make a legend roll as normal, gaining access to things as normal, with two differences.

1) You can take a penalty to make the altered cover last a while

2) and you become a member of a "tight knit community"

Essentially it's going undercover, "Sure, I'm a mobster/vampire hunter/cultist of Great Old One/terrorist/whatever," and since it's a legend roll you can give yourself such things as allies, contacts, status ,or other stuff to fit the role.

Comment

• Dynamic Legend? Did I miss that somehow? I can't remember reading it in the STG

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcanist View Post
                          Dynamic Legend? Did I miss that somehow? I can't remember reading it in the STG
                          Chapter Three, under the section on Insurgent games.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                          Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by An Fhuiseog View Post
                            The intro fiction to this book was amazing. For me it joins "Some running night" and "Desert Dreaming Hunt" as some of the CoD's best fiction.
                            Thank you very much. I am very pleased to hear that.

In fact, thank you to everyone who has commented on the fiction. The fiction in these books is so rarely remarked upon, and the story is a bit out of left field, so I'm gratified to know so many people have taken the time to read it, and that they enjoyed it.

Writer. Developer. WoD | CofD | The Trinity Continuum 19 books and counting...

Comment

• Originally posted by Agentwestmer View Post

I'd say yes.

Exiles haven't had their admin access revoked the way demons have, they're still ephemeral beings, they're still angels, they're just not getting command and communication from the G-m. They're basically Milton from Office Space.
                              I'd just like to say really quick how much I like this comparison and how many weird looks I got after laughing at a Milton themed Exile in my game.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• Originally posted by StSword View Post

I presume you mean dynamic legend.

You make a legend roll as normal, gaining access to things as normal, with two differences.

1) You can take a penalty to make the altered cover last a while

2) and you become a member of a "tight knit community"

Essentially it's going undercover, "Sure, I'm a mobster/vampire hunter/cultist of Great Old One/terrorist/whatever," and since it's a legend roll you can give yourself such things as allies, contacts, status ,or other stuff to fit the role.
                                So, how does it fit in when there are several Demon powers that do point 2? Is it just a matter that with the Dynamic Legend option, every demon has an option for it?

Edit: Also, I might as well drop my questions about powers here.

1)Angelic Reflexes has no duration listed.

2) "Roll Power + Finesse – Subterfuge to determine if the humans within the angel’s range notice what the angel is seeking." - so can angels see through the eyes of every person affected by Translocation, or what? How do they get that information? Also, what exactly happens when someone uses Translocation and a Demon spoofs it? They register as human but still can't be moved (or seen through, as above)? How do angels register that one?

3)What's the essence cost for Incepts that have a primary ability without a listed cost, like Economy, Efficiency, Units, etc?

4)Is there a cap on how many essence you can spend for Scale's primary effect? Are you only limited to Numina when using it, or can you apply it to whatever dice pools and modifiers you wish?

5)I've been trying to be objective here while I'm asking questions, but I have to ask: you can seriously use Space to obviate someone's Defense? :/

6) How does Scale work with powers that do multiple things, like Angelic Reflexes?
                                Last edited by Kirby Jerusalem; 01-20-2016, 08:02 PM.

Mage the Awakening 2e Communal Homebrew Threads:
                                - Perils of the Path - Other homebrew threads linked in the OP!

Join us at the unofficial IRC channels on.irc.sorcery.net at #exalted and now #theonyxpath!

Comment

Working...
                                X