No announcement yet.

Homebrew Embeds and Exploits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For example a demon saw the future of someone. They know this person is going to die because of an angel. They don't wanna just insert themselves into the persons life because they would get them flagged. So I was hoping there was a power that allowed demons to send someone omens. To try and change there fate in a low impact way.

Or they could use it to terrify someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Basic View Post
      For example a demon saw the future of someone. They know this person is going to die because of an angel. They don't wanna just insert themselves into the persons life because they would get them flagged. So I was hoping there was a power that allowed demons to send someone omens. To try and change there fate in a low impact way.

Or they could use it to terrify someone.
      That's basically just a communication power, then. Animal Messenger, Special Message, Across A Crowded Room, etc. would all inform them of what you learned without direct contact.

Alternatively, if you really wanted to be proactive, use Inflict Stigmata, then Pact with them to gain Omen Sensitivity. They can read Omens themselves, then.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Weapon Focus (Instrumental)
        Weapon focus is a psychological phenomenon whereby, in a stressful situation, a person's attention is solely focused on an object - often a weapon. This often causes memories of the rest of the event to become blurred and indistinct. With this Embed, a demon can exploit this tendency, focusing the target's memory on an object on the demon's person - which can be anything - and making it so that, if that person attempts to recall the specifics of the event later, they find it harder. The general gist of the scene is still remembered (e.g. if a robbery took place, that would be recalled). It is only the details, such as what a person looked like or what they were wearing which are obscured. The object which if focused on is remembered with perfect clarity, though.
        Dice Pool: Manipulation + Persuasion
        Action: Reflexive
        Roll Results:
        Dramatic Failure
        On a dramatic failure, the target's memory is sharpened to a razor focus, granting them +3 dice if they are called to remember the scene at a later date. Also, if the demon rolls for compromise later in the scene, they suffer a -2 penalty to their roll.
        Failure
        Nothing happens. The demon can try again with a cumulative -1 penalty.
        Success
        The target suffers a penalty to all attempts to precisely recall the scene equal to the demon's successes. If they possess the Eidetic Memory Merit, they suffer no penalty but must still roll.
        Exceptional Success
        More successes are their own reward.
        Last edited by ajf115; 12-09-2016, 12:24 PM.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

Glad this thread isn't dead.

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
          Weapon Focus (Instrumental)...
          So, despite the name, it works with any object? And the object focus/requirement is why you went Instrumental instead of Mundane (which usually has the "avoid notice" effects)?

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
            Glad this thread isn't dead.

So, despite the name, it works with any object? And the object focus/requirement is why you went Instrumental instead of Mundane (which usually has the "avoid notice" effects)?
            Mmmhmm. That's right. I'm just editing it now, so that it's an object in the demon's possession which it has to focus on.

Comment

Just an idea: Just Scratched

An embed which allows a demon to perform pretty much any kind of driving stunt and come out with a car/truck/motorbike that's 'just scratched'. Just like the movies.

Comment

Catch!

The demon throws a small object towards someone and on a success they are forced to catch it, dropping whatever they are holding and providing a momentary distraction. On a Dramatic Failure, the demon himself is compelled to catch the object, possibly even diving to the floor.

Comment

Just an idea: Just Scratched

An embed which allows a demon to perform pretty much any kind of driving stunt and come out with a car/truck/motorbike that's 'just scratched'. Just like the movies.
                  Just Bruised Embed does that.
                  Last edited by Vent0; 03-18-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Just Bruised Embed does that.
                    Ah. Sorry about that. I thought it only applied to the demon themselves, not a vehicle or other stuff.

Comment

Ah. Sorry about that. I thought it only applied to the demon themselves, not a vehicle or other stuff.
                      Ah, you meant against/to other objects? Sounds perfectly in-scope for a Near Field effect, or Interlock.

Comment

It works on the Demon themselves or other people, though every use in a scene causes it to take a die penalty past the first. Vehicles and objects, though, not so much. That said, Just Like The Movies could work in this case I think...that or an interlock between the two.

Comment

The Knights of St. Adrian have an Ink that does that as well. Probably worth checking for inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by Taidragon View Post

It works on the Demon themselves or other people, though every use in a scene causes it to take a die penalty past the first. Vehicles and objects, though, not so much. That said, Just Like The Movies could work in this case I think...that or an interlock between the two.
                            ajf115 What about a more general Embed that lets the Demon treat any object or structure they are in as if it were themselves for the purposes of other powers? It could be combo'd with Just Bruised, or Turn Blade then (and many other powers). I could easily see it as another potential prerequisite Embed for the Exploit Demon Car.

Comment

ajf115 What about a more general Embed that lets the Demon treat any object or structure they are in as if it were themselves for the purposes of other powers? It could be combo'd with Just Bruised, or Turn Blade then (and many other powers). I could easily see it as another potential prerequisite Embed for the Exploit Demon Car.
                              That could work. All Is One?

Comment

That could work. All Is One?

Sure? Maybe something referencing a person and their toys, or horse and rider?

On the last note, I'd imagine in the pre-automotive days, it would see use with mounts, just like Demon Car would have.

Comment

Working...
                                X