Angel/Demon secret romances?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel/Demon secret romances?

Because I am a sucker for the concept in cod/nwod, I was wanting to ask how you all think a romance between an angel and one of the Unchained would work ( potential Falls and all)? The core book and a couple others allude to romantic, or at the very least sexual in the case of one angel, relations between loyal angels and the renegade demons and the trope of forbidden love between enemies is just as applicable here as it is for some other splats ( I remember a rather amusing thread awhile back about Pure/Forsaken romances)... but I am not sure how to effectively pull it off. Any suggestions? Thanks and as always have a wonderful day!

My guess is that the Angel and Demon would see each other only in very secluded places in very specific times. Something along the lines of Winston and Julia from Orwell's 1984.

It goes without saying that their Covers would influence the romance. Two office workers wouldn't approach each other like two politicians, for example.

There's also the possibility of Demon-Blooded children. Whether or not the pregnancy is planned would be an important distinction.

Let Him Speak.

Comment

I'm not sure an Angel with enough autonomy and emotional capability to fall in love could remain an Angel. That sounds like becoming human enough to Fall, at least in my eyes.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

Biggest roadblocks are on the Angel end.

Options for overcoming them:
        • Demon has an Angelic Cover (acquired via Angel Jacking). The Angel and the "Angel" are on similar enough missions to interact, but separate enough that they aren't part of the same task (and have some secret maintaining plausible separation). Angel is still likely close to Falling, due to the emotional investment running counter to angelic detachment.
        • Angel is an Exile. In such cases, most of the default assumptions are tossed out, but since they are still an angel, some of the tension remains.
        • Angel is acting as a honey-trap for the Demon... but is wrestling with Becoming The Mask.
        Last edited by Vent0; 03-16-2016, 05:21 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by GottaGoFeast View Post
          My guess is that the Angel and Demon would see each other only in very secluded places in very specific times. Something along the lines of Winston and Julia from Orwell's 1984.

It goes without saying that their Covers would influence the romance. Two office workers wouldn't approach each other like two politicians, for example.

There's also the possibility of Demon-Blooded children. Whether or not the pregnancy is planned would be an important distinction.
          Good points, save for the demon-blooded, I'm not sure angels and demons could have children together like how two demons could. Now that would be one hell of an interesting plot hook, perhaps the superior spiritual power of the angel mixing with the demon's "essence" ( as a tasteful analog) results in the resurgence of Nephilim... without the shitty plot of DMC being involved XD

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
            Biggest roadblocks are on the Angel end.

Options for overcoming them:
            • Demon has an Angelic Cover (acquired via Angel Jacking). The Angel and the "Angel" are on similar enough missions to interact, but separate enough that they aren't part of the same task (and have some secret maintaining plausible separation). Angel is still likely close to Falling, due to the emotional investment running counter to angelic detachment.
            • Angel is an Exile. In such cases, most of the default assumptions are tossed out, but since they are still an angel, some of the tension remains.
            There are roadblocks, but the more intelligent angels are stated, at least some of them depending on their missions and Incarnation possess some lingering affection for demons. Now Exiles somehow getting romantically involved seems more likely, especially if it is a Guardian who decides to have a demon as their charge ( cue clingy, psychotic girlfriend comparisons haha)

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
              ( cue clingy, psychotic girlfriend comparisons haha)
              Who is Rank 5. And may still want to introduce you to "daddy".

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Is the angel's mission specifically to seduce the Unchained? Because if not, instant Catalyst.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephsy View Post
                  Is the angel's mission specifically to seduce the Unchained? Because if not, instant Catalyst.
                  That was my gut reaction too, unless the Angel is already an Exile.

Black Lives Matter

He/His Pronouns | CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Do they have to know the other's nature? 'cos the existence of Cover makes accidental romance an easy thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Azahul View Post
                      Do they have to know the other's nature? 'cos the existence of Cover makes accidental romance an easy thing...
                      If not an exile, such a distraction to one's mission like falling in love for someone would spell a fall, the second the angel begins thinking about the cover naked instead of their mission parameters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephsy View Post

If not an exile, such a distraction to one's mission like falling in love for someone would spell a fall, the second the angel begins thinking about the cover naked instead of their mission parameters.
                        I'm not quite so certain of that. An Angel's Cover can require it to blend in among humans for an extended period of time. So long as the Angel's mission doesn't require it to make a choice (and it then make the choice to deviate from the mission), it could probably maintain a relationship. Many Angels are depicted as being able to have emotions regarding both their mission and even quirks unrelated to the mission specifically.

Such Angels are also usually depicted as close to falling, but that seems more because emotion provides a motivation to deviate away from programming, rather than because the emotion itself necessitates the Fall.

Comment

What I described above is a deviation.

Comment

Ah, I read it as saying that falling in love would automatically lead to the Angel prioritising naked target of affection over mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Who is Rank 5. And may still want to introduce you to "daddy".
                              Who is also your daddy, making this a hillbilly romance horror film

Comment

Working...
                              X