No announcement yet.

Geniuses and Gramarie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added in a secondary version of Genius that is more glitch-y and can get power by experimenting on people which uses a few Mage mechanics, hopefully it's still GM-y enough.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
      Added in a secondary version of Genius that is more glitch-y and can get power by experimenting on people which uses a few Mage mechanics, hopefully it's still GM-y enough.
      Admonitoria-influence strikes again, eh?

So, Mage+Demon!Genius don't have any Arcana?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Admonitoria-influence strikes again, eh?

So, Mage+Demon!Genius don't have any Arcana?
        No arcana. Since they never awaken to the supernal or ever reach a watch tower they don't have supernal power beyond having their souls open to more to the truth. Though that did remind me, I forgot to put the specialized mage sight merits I planned as part of the genius being "open to a path" at the start of the hybrid's section.

Comment

Thoughts on representing the "flavors of Mad Science" as Persistent Conditions, like a Demon's Agenda?

Comment

Thoughts on representing the "flavors of Mad Science" as Persistent Conditions, like a Demon's Agenda?
            I'm not sure what flavours those would be.

Comment

I'm not sure what flavours those would be.
              Ambition/Vision, Curiosity, Pride/Glory, Revenge, Desperation, etc. What would drive a person to the extent they engage in something that would be typical "Mad Science".

Vision leading one to perfect a process for making a "better" society. Curiosity driving another toward questionable research just to know. Pride pushing another to extremes to "prove" they are right or the greatest. Revenge leading another down whatever path is necessary for their "justice".

Comment

Doesn't really sound like that'd fit this flavour of genius, since they're doing it because there is a shard of god in the form of occult designs stuck in their soul that need to get out. Could add a condition to encourage/represent that though, but they already have obsession and wisdom mechanics so I'm not sure how necessary that would be.
                Last edited by milo v3; 04-06-2017, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Doesn't really sound like that'd fit this flavour of genius, since they're doing it because there is a shard of god in the form of occult designs stuck in their soul that need to get out. Could add a condition to encourage/represent that though, but they already have obsession and wisdom mechanics so I'm not sure how necessary that would be.

I meant for the lightweight version.

Comment

I meant for the lightweight version.
                    Lightweight still has the same stigmatic flavour, so it still wouldn't really fit, and wouldn't adding in more mechanics sorta go against the point of it being the lightweight version?

Comment

Working...
                    X