Demons in space?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demons in space?

I was checking out the D:tD demo and thinking about buying the; I was getting some cool Technocracy-ish vibes out of the God-Machine, and since the Void Engineers were just about my favorite part of the oWod, I have to ask; how feasible would it be to have Demons muck around in space for whatever reason?

Color me Interested!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Well there are angelic assets around the Solar system...

Comment

Although IIRC there extent isn't defined. So hey, if you want it could be that one of the Apollo missions dropped off a Dalga on the moon and after forty years the place has pretty much been strip mined.

Comment

Originally posted by St.Just View Post
          Although IIRC there extent isn't defined. So hey, if you want it could be that one of the Apollo missions dropped off a Dalga on the moon and after forty years the place has pretty much been strip mined.
          Too bad Dalga aren't referenced anymore.. cause that would be awesome... and a reason why packet Theta is just a skeleton; a Dalga eated it.

Comment

Hellraiser IV?

Hellraiser IV

Comment

This brings me to mind Hall 9000.

Anyway the God Machine is among other things investigate reality and has a group of specialized angels that bring this new information to it. Of course it has an interest in space.

Comment

If you haven't bought infinite Macabre, you should really consider doing so, since it's the sourcebook for space opera, although sadly it's pre-demon.

It has rules for space ships and alien PCs, which I think you'd find useful.

Comment

Originally posted by StSword View Post
                  If you haven't bought infinite Macabre, you should really consider doing so, since it's the sourcebook for space opera, although sadly it's pre-demon.

It has rules for space ships and alien PCs, which I think you'd find useful.
                  I feel like Demon Infinite Macabre would be WH 40K

Comment

I personally like the idea of taking the UFO cult aspects of Demon and mixing in some secret space program conspiracy theories to create an analog to the idea of a "war in heaven."

Comment

There is also a demon form in the translation guide that is like solar panel wings and that'd allow you gather aether while no other sources are easily accessible.

Gm infastructure can bend space or fold space so it could either achieve a warp drive or be suboured to this purpose. If not intended for this maybe it consumes aether instead of producing it but that borders more on a lambda type design.

You could also achieve a portal/stargate like design with a gadget exploited with two places at once to deal with supplies and logistics of a deep space run.

Comment

Infinite Macabre was an awesome recc! Enjoyed that quite a lot. I was thinking of taking some inspiration from Sunless Sea's Avid Horizon location, which dovetails perfectly with some of the suggestions here.

Comment

I personally like Arc's idea of Apocryphal and Apocalyptic Unchained. I also suggest reading through Eclipse Phase to borrow ideas for transhumanist stories and corporations with ties to the G-M.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post

I feel like Demon Infinite Macabre would be WH 40K
                            The Adeptus Mechanicus does work quite well as inspiration for augmented G-M Cults.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
                              The Adeptus Mechanicus does work quite well as inspiration for augmented G-M Cults.
                              Too true, in fact in a game I was invited to recently, a Psychopomp Integrator actually referred to the Machine as the Omnissiah, which made me chuckle.

Comment

Working...
                              X