Book for Pacts ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book for Pacts ?

I wanted to know will there be more demon books and if so can you make one book to expand rules for pacts. I feel like they should do more stuff. I mean You are taking parts of peoples lives in return you can make them faster, stronger, smarter, richer or other stuff. I think it would be awesome for fun if they gave like some fun sample pacts in the book.

In My game I allow pacts to do things like rising a beings attributes and if you take moments in there life it did not happen to them so it changes there time line leading to some interesting stuff. Like you get a vampire to sign a contact for a single day of there life for what ever power they want. They did not read it fully and you took the day they became a vampire turning them human. Now lets say that vampire is really old you might not be able to use it in the present as a person but you can turn that into your covers family history.

Originally posted by Basic View Post
    I wanted to know will there be more demon books and if so can you make one book to expand rules for pacts. I feel like they should do more stuff. I mean You are taking parts of peoples lives in return you can make them faster, stronger, smarter, richer or other stuff. I think it would be awesome for fun if they gave like some fun sample pacts in the book.

In My game I allow pacts to do things like rising a beings attributes and if you take moments in there life it did not happen to them so it changes there time line leading to some interesting stuff. Like you get a vampire to sign a contact for a single day of there life for what ever power they want. They did not read it fully and you took the day they became a vampire turning them human. Now lets say that vampire is really old you might not be able to use it in the present as a person but you can turn that into your covers family history.
    Well, the second is somewhat explicitly discussed - and forbidden. Demon's can't touch the Supernatural qualities of other splats and definitely cannot make them not supernatural. Any "human" elements are fair game, though.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I think it would be interesting if they were still allowed to do this. It would make demons more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Basic View Post
        I think it would be interesting if they were still allowed to do this. It would make demons more interesting.
        Breaks too many setting rules, for an inherent trait.

Now Time Travel on the other hand...

Comment

It's not all bad, though. No one and no where is it ever listed (thus far) you can't just give out Supernatural Merits as part of a Pact, so you can juice up your Stigmatic allies a bunch with choice "guided" selections. And even Vampires wouldn't say no to Resource 5, or Status 5 in a rival's organization, etc.

Comment

For my part, I would like True Names to be more important to the Pact system. Say, if a mortal could "buy" or "trade" a Pact the way Demons can exchange them with one another. Armed with an existing Pact and the personal name or information about a Demon (say, the sort of thing that caused or would cause a Compromise) can force a Demon into a Pact against their will by signing the Demon's name onto the Contract. Its a way to simulate the summoning and binding of the Demon in popular folklore without making those things direct aspects of the game. Also, it provides an alternate consequence for losing Cover if the ST just doesn't feel like raining Hunter Angels down on the fool at that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by nothri View Post
              For my part, I would like True Names to be more important to the Pact system. Say, if a mortal could "buy" or "trade" a Pact the way Demons can exchange them with one another. Armed with an existing Pact and the personal name or information about a Demon (say, the sort of thing that caused or would cause a Compromise) can force a Demon into a Pact against their will by signing the Demon's name onto the Contract. Its a way to simulate the summoning and binding of the Demon in popular folklore without making those things direct aspects of the game. Also, it provides an alternate consequence for losing Cover if the ST just doesn't feel like raining Hunter Angels down on the fool at that moment.
              I thought about adding a special "Executor" Benefit for mortals to Pacts, such that they could enact Pacts on the Demon's behalf. That might be one way, though it is more an extension of Cult, then "I have your name, Demon!".

If you wanted the above, you might be able to work out a Gadget with Summon keyed only to the Demon into a Pact.
              Last edited by Vent0; 07-26-2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X