Will there be anymore books ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be anymore books ?

Will there be anymore books for Demon the Decent ?

I'm really hoping for a book with more embeds,exploits, demon forms and more example infrastructures.

I think that was pretty much Flowers of Hell.

2E Legacy Updates
    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
    Storm Keepers

Comment

I wouldn't say no, but I also think Demon is pretty well of compared to the other lines at the moment; Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, and Beast all need supplements, Promethean, Changeling, Hunter, Geist, and Mummy still need 2e updates, and Deviant needs to come out.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Demon is remarkably complete at the moment.

Still wouldn't say no to more books.

Comment

Concidering that it has core, player book (FoH), storyteller book, translation guide, heirs to hell and interface where most lines that have been updated to 2e really only have the core or one additional book I think it'll be awhile.

What more could you be wanting? As someone else said, what you are asking for sounds like flowers of hell. Or do you just want more for the sake of more?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.F.I.X. View Post
            Concidering that it has core, player book (FoH), storyteller book, translation guide, heirs to hell and interface where most lines that have been updated to 2e really only have the core or one additional book I think it'll be awhile.

What more could you be wanting? As someone else said, what you are asking for sounds like flowers of hell. Or do you just want more for the sake of more?
            There's never enough Demon.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Forgot about The Demon Seed Collection, Ready Made Characters and Splintered City Seattle. Plus Dark Eras content. Demon really is pretty set.

But there can always be more... Just needs some good ideas and then the resources for them to work on them.

Comment

Rose once mentioned the Swords of Heaven as a seperate book. Dunno what happened to that.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
                Working on:Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

I believe it was largely a comment on how that would actually have been a great name for the STG, as Flowers of Hell is used in the title of a Michael Moorcock novel, The Swords of Heaven, the Flowers of Hell. I think she said she'd keep the idea around in case other books were called made. As it is right now, I agree that Demon has considerably more around it than other games, and I'm okay with holding on until other lines catch up. On the other hand, I'll never say no to more Demon.

Comment

We've had similar conversations before. I'd love more Demon, but even I have to admit the line is in great shape.

Onyx Path Freelancer: Demon Storyteller's Guide, Dark Eras
                    Storyteller's Guide Extra Material
                    After the Fall: Bonus Material

Comment

At the very least, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Dark Eras 2 with new Demon stuff in it. And the upcoming Dark Eras Companion has a new Demon setting in it already!

Just call me Lex.

Comment

Night Horrors: Demon is the one that's bandied about the the most often. (Hell, it's the one I bandy around the most) The STG gave a complete tool box for assembling angles and other threats, but most story tellers won't turn their nose up at pre-made antagonists, especially give the sheer amount of imagination that's been put into the Night Horrors books. Just about every line has a Night horrors book, and a few have a dedicated antagonist source book (Autumn Nightmares for changeling, a bunch from Mage and Hunter)

Cryptids: Another great idea that gets minimal coverage beyond the tool box. Cryptids give the GMC a different feel than the standard CoD, less Supernatural, more X-files. Additionally, crypto-flora has only barely been touched on, despite hints that there are enough different species to fill a botanical garden.

There were plenty, plenty more suggested in a earlier thread, but I think those two are the most likely candidates as they already have precedent in other lines and they avoid being more of the same.
                        Last edited by Agentwestmer; 08-02-2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

I think it basically comes down to whether or not the writers think that there is an area of the fluff or rules that could use expansion. And as it stands, I'm not sure there is. Maybe Rose and Co. will eventually think otherwise, but basically, Demon is in pretty good shape.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a book on Stigmatics, cultists, and general ground-level weirdness; maybe toss in a robust Cryptid creation chapter as well.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                              I wouldn't mind seeing a book on Stigmatics, cultists, and general ground-level weirdness; maybe toss in a robust Cryptid creation chapter as well.

I would love a night horrors book for demon. Also more stuff for stigmatics.

Like in the night horrors book they can do modern nephilim. Also what happens when something rare and something that should never happens happens. When a demon and an angel of the god machine procreate (Most likely with a exile).Also I think it would be interesting to see a creature that comes about from a demon giving a Promethean a soul from one of its contracts. I could imagine that like the demon it becomes that person but slowly over time the body due to disquiet slowly break down burning the body away.

Being demons from the Inferno and Demons from demon the decent are different we could also have a creature based on what happens when a demon gets cover that has a demon trying possess it.
                              Last edited by Basic; 07-20-2016, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X