Institutional Demons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Institutional Demons?

So, I've seen references here and there that demons can, apparently, somehow either be given buildings as covers or have an Exploit that lets them fuse with entire buildings, ala the Demon Car Exploit from Flowers of Hell. Only problem is, I can't seem to find where the rules are for that angle in any of the books I have - corebook, Player's Guide or Storyteller's Guide. Can anyone point me towards this aspect of the game that I've missed? Or is this just something from Hunter's Mortal Remains?

There's the Demon House Exploit from the corebook, which is generally temporary in nature but might be what you're thinking of, and the lares from the Storyteller's Guide, though they are exiles rather than demons. As for Mortal Remains' institutional demons, you might instead think of them as an alternate interpretation of infrastructure, rather than the Unchained, in a similar way to how, from their outside perspective, hunters often end up conflating demons and angels of the God-Machine.

Comment

Huh, I missed that Exploit in the corebook. Must have just glazed over it when I read it. Many thanks for clearing it up for me.

Comment

I also saw that reference to "Institutional Demons" and wondered what it really mapped to. I realized it was just Infrastructure... but I have the space for work on that idea here. I just need to put some time into the write-up...

Basically, until I have more down, you can either 1) Treat all the "assets" of an institution as "the house" with Demon House 2) Spin up the Institution as a Cult 3) Model the institution like a character (though using Power, Finesse, and Resistance instead of the usual 9).
        Last edited by Vent0; 07-17-2016, 06:56 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Okay, that's not really accurate. I know I've read specifically in the Core book that a Demon can start his cover as a building, just like an Angel can manifest as such. I'm just not sure what page to find it on. I'll look around for it. I do know you can find examples of Exiles as buildings in the Storyteller's guide in the same section you can find ghosts of soul Pact Covers and Imperatives, the God-Machine version of voices inside your head.

Comment

Originally posted by nothri View Post
            Okay, that's not really accurate. I know I've read specifically in the Core book that a Demon can start his cover as a building, just like an Angel can manifest as such. I'm just not sure what page to find it on. I'll look around for it.
            Sidebar on page 117. "Animals and Other Weird Stuff."

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
            Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
              Sidebar on page 117. "Animals and Other Weird Stuff."

Thaaaaaaat's the one. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                I also saw that reference to "Institutional Demons" and wondered what it really mapped to. I realized it was just Infrastructure...
                I wondered when someone would catch this.

Rose Bailey
                Onyx Path Development Producer
                Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Working...
                X