Designing Glitches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Designing Glitches

So, we've got topics for homebrewing demonic form traits, embeds, exploits and even interlocks/ciphers, so I thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in sharing their ideas for Glitches, one of the things you most need to keep in mind for Cover failures or creating Stigmatics.

I generally try to match to theme or form, for demons. For a spider-like Guardian in my games I made a list of possible glitches which included only being able to consume food in liquid form, spiderweb tattoos, people experiencing formication in her presence... For a demon who was once atime hunter I favoured temporal 'glitches' around them - time moving slightly too quickly or slowly, spoilable food rotting at the slightest touch (nice and demonic-feeling)...

For Stigmatics I generally try to link their stigmata to what supernatural merits they have and try to play up both body horror and a technological fee - hands that have appear translucent, composed of holographic computer code. Oil dripping from their eyes and mouths or replacing blood. Pistons hissing as they move. Glass lenses growing over eyes. Tiny satellitle dishes in their mouths that pick up radio signals (OK, that one's a joke)

That useful to get things started?

Onyx Path Freelancer: Demon Storyteller's Guide, Dark Eras
    Storyteller's Guide Extra Material
    After the Fall: Bonus Material

Comment

Originally posted by VoidDrifter View Post
      So, we've got topics for homebrewing demonic form traits, embeds, exploits and even interlocks/ciphers, so I thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in sharing their ideas for Glitches, one of the things you most need to keep in mind for Cover failures or creating Stigmatics.
      You'd be forgiven for missing it, given its age, but there was a thread for this.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Working...
      X