Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ok I though I missed something on this. So, if I got a friend through a Pact it won't give me the Ally Merit. That's much more sensible.
    Thanks

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JPS View Post
      Ok I though I missed something on this. So, if I got a friend through a Pact it won't give me the Ally Merit. That's much more sensible.
      Thanks
      You get Legend in order to stay in cover tho.

      Comment


      • Can we get this pinned so people can put their simple questions in here

        Comment


        • Quick Question regarding On the Mend. Would a Demon-Blooded count as an ordinary human for the purposes of it?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
            Quick Question regarding On the Mend. Would a Demon-Blooded count as an ordinary human for the purposes of it?
            I'd say yes. Offspring try to present as "just a normal human", so them rapid-healing would be odd.


            Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
              Quick Question regarding On the Mend. Would a Demon-Blooded count as an ordinary human for the purposes of it?

              yes they would

              Comment


              • How would Monkeywrencher work for Analysts? It allows the user to penalize embeds that either match their Incarnation or a known key, but Analysts don't have any embeds that match their Incarnation - would they instead be allowed to penalize exploits? Otherwise, they're left only penalizing embeds that match their keys (which is very limited) or Angel numen.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
                  How would Monkeywrencher work for Analysts? It allows the user to penalize embeds that either match their Incarnation or a known key, but Analysts don't have any embeds that match their Incarnation - would they instead be allowed to penalize exploits? Otherwise, they're left only penalizing embeds that match their keys (which is very limited) or Angel numen.
                  Go exploits.

                  Comment


                  • So, Knockout Punch and Vampires. Can you succesfully use Knockout Punch on a Vampire (Or a Promethean, or a Sin-Eater), since the sources on those are conflicting in regards to whether or not their "Can't be knocked out" applies only to damage or overall?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                      So, Knockout Punch and Vampires. Can you succesfully use Knockout Punch on a Vampire (Or a Promethean, or a Sin-Eater), since the sources on those are conflicting in regards to whether or not their "Can't be knocked out" applies only to damage or overall?
                      Strictly speaking I don't think vampires have a "can't be knocked out" rule; they have a "don't become unconscious from bashing damage" rule. But they also don't strictly speaking seem to have a rule that says they can't get the flu, either, so take that with a grain of salt.

                      Either way Knockout Punch isn't a martial arts technique based on precisely striking nerve clusters or anything like that - it's a supernatural ability. And like most of those, it only specifies what it does, not how. I'd personally rule that a vampire's inherent resilience entitles it to a Clash of Wills, but I'm pretty liberal with what I'm willing to call a Clash over, and depending on your personal understanding of vampirism, the God-Machine and Knockout Punch in particular you could rule anywhere from "they're immune" to "they have no special resistance" and be justified.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                        So, Knockout Punch and Vampires. Can you succesfully use Knockout Punch on a Vampire (Or a Promethean, or a Sin-Eater), since the sources on those are conflicting in regards to whether or not their "Can't be knocked out" applies only to damage or overall?
                        If the vamp got Resilience, let it clash, if not, subtract Stamina as the sidebar explains.

                        Comment


                        • Didn't the devs say once that Knockout Punch was really only meant to work on mortals to stop players from trivially dealing with the likes of Angels?
                          Last edited by Azahul; 09-12-2017, 10:36 PM.

                          Comment


                          • The Storyteller's Guide specifically states Sin Eaters can't be knocked out by Knock-Out Punch, so that's one thing.

                            Comment


                            • Ah, no, I'm remembering incorrectly. Matt said that he (normally) wouldn't let it work on an Angel. He also cast doubt on whether it would work on Vampires, or any other "don't get knocked out" splats.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
                                The Storyteller's Guide specifically states Sin Eaters can't be knocked out by Knock-Out Punch, so that's one thing.

                                Its a base power for Sin Eaters. Vampires don't have that. For me I would say yes Knock out punch can work on a vampire but it would come down to the roll to figure out if the subject gets knocked out.

                                Also remember the simple story telling rule. Is it important ? If not let the power work with out a roll.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X