Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, the point was not to screw over the players by having the Gadget have an odd number of charges, it was to set up a plot line where the players would be asked to rescue a mortal stuck in Twilight. This would expose the Gadget provider as a Not Nice Demon.

Comment

• Exploited Gadgets still use their Aether stores, I think?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
        Exploited Gadgets still use their Aether stores, I think?
        Exploited gadgets don't spend aether to be used but require 1 aether per month to maintain themselves.

Comment

• That said, it looks like an Exploited gadget requiring it to eat up an Aether per use is an appropriate limitation/tparameter for the gadget to make it more potent. I am mostly going off of Interface’s story “Fifth” for this one though, where Carbon’s Deep Pockets and Four Minutes Ago gadgets both required it and are pretty dang potent. As such, it’s entirely plausible that a “transition into Twilight” gadget would work by requiring an Aether per shift from Twilight to mundane and back, and having only five aether in it...though given how hard Aether can be to get, that sounds like a theft rather than a gift from a cruel gadgeteer.

Comment

• When using the Efficiency embed when you already have Good Time Management, would the ensuing time for the extended action be quartered (the two effects stacking) or would one simply override the other (and thus it remains halved regardless)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
              When using the Efficiency embed when you already have Good Time Management, would the ensuing time for the extended action be quartered (the two effects stacking) or would one simply override the other (and thus it remains halved regardless)?
              Separate sources that don't say anything about not stacking. So I'd say they stack.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
              X