Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostdriver
    replied
    From Demoon:Interface source material (the one about the step-daughter assignment), it would appear that yes, you remember the last assignment fairly well. Everything else is subject to ST discretion. If you are running a game, then it's up to you. The guideline is fuzzy such as you were a Messenger or Sword type of angel engaged in THIS or THAT type of activities. Sometimes angels are wiped between uses as well. Think about the Winter Soldier in Captain America. You were sent out, did you mission. If you started asking too many questions,, you were wiped usually.

Leave a comment:

• DontEatRawHagis
    replied
    Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
    So, since there was some confusion over it on a Discord group I'm in, I'm going to ask this; how much does a non-Analyst Demon remember of their time as an Angel? I was under the impression their memories were fuzzy at best, but the text is confusing to look over for that. Some page numbers would be appreciated.
    I ran a prologue for a player where it covered his arrival, assignment, and how he carried out his task. So he knew what Infrastructure summoned him and what Infrastructure he used to maintain his abilities.

He doesn’t remember much about before his assignment except that he was bodyless and directionless.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
    So, since there was some confusion over it on a Discord group I'm in, I'm going to ask this; how much does a non-Analyst Demon remember of their time as an Angel? I was under the impression their memories were fuzzy at best, but the text is confusing to look over for that. Some page numbers would be appreciated.
    It's a safe bet you remember most if not all of your last assignment and anything before that is going to depend on your CV and the intervening maintenance.

Leave a comment:

• Taidragon
    replied
    Last edited by Taidragon; 12-21-2019, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    And with Stalking Horse and Everybody Knows, their own hunters will find them swiftly.

Leave a comment:

• KieranMullen
    replied
    Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

Hunter can track demons by investigating glitches and low rating cover, as explained in the demon core.
    At pag 114 it states "Only new information counts; if that information is disseminated to several people at once, like a hunter telling his cell that he’s identified a demon, it still only counts as one compromise. "
    There are lots of excellent answers to this question already. I just want to add one more point: demons are ultimately playing a clandestine spy role. They are (nearly( indistinguishable from humans, are perfect liars, and have lots of abilities to confound someone who thinks that they aren't. If your Hunters are killing civilians simply on the suspicion that they might be connected to the supernatural, then they're already monsters themselves. And that means that someone else is probably already hunting them.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by DontEatRawHagis View Post
    What is stopping a Mortal from killing a Demon in one on one combat?
    Embeds, Exploits, Demonic Forms and usually being geared toward avoiding such encounters.

What is the Demon equivalent of sunlight and silver bullets?
    Nothing. A demon is already living a precarious existence having to hide from a seemingly omnipresent entity hunting it. Having specific weaknesses would detract from that.

How might Hunters hunt Demons?
    With difficulty since a good demon wouldn't be discovered by hunters in the first place. If a hunter would find out about a demon, it would either be by seeing its Demonic Form or finding something unusual about one of its Covers. The Demonic Form is only used situationally so it's not something that can be actively hunted. If the hunter has found out about a particular Cover, it's probably a Burner and not used often enough for it to be able to be tracked.
    If it's somehow the demon's main Cover, the hunter finally stands a chance of actually hunting (rather than just reacting to chance encounters) because the demon may not want to burn that Cover. Then it's a matter of the hunter just confronting the demon while they're doing their Cover routine (working a job, doing a hobby, maintaining appearances) and then hope the demon doesn't have any nasty Embeds, Exploits or Demonic Form abilities.

What is stopping a Hunter/Spurned Pactbound from exposing a Demon as one and causing a cascade of compromise checks?
    A good demon would be anonymous enough to not have their Cover's identity be exposed to their mark. You can't expose someone if you don't know anything about them, such as their (Cover's) real name, address, phone number, etc. Alternatively, it's just a burner Cover that the demon doesn't care about.

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    Demons don't seem that much more durable than Mortals and don't really have a weakness as far as I can tell, mainly because it seems like they are harmed by the same thing that harms a Mortal.
    • What is stopping a Mortal from killing a Demon in one on one combat?
    • What is the Demon equivalent of sunlight and silver bullets?
    • How might Hunters hunt Demons?
    • What is stopping a Hunter/Spurned Pactbound from exposing a Demon as one and causing a cascade of compromise checks?
    Hunter can track demons by investigating glitches and low rating cover, as explained in the demon core.
    At pag 114 it states "Only new information counts; if that information is disseminated to several people at once, like a hunter telling his cell that he’s identified a demon, it still only counts as one compromise. "

Leave a comment:

• Ghostdriver
    replied
    What is stopping a Mortal from killing a Demon in one on one combat? - Nothing if they do not use their powers. This is roughly equivalent to Mages too btw. Demons have reflexive healing Wound healing (Demonic Form), shifting damage to something else (Embeds like Sift Consequence or On the Mend), or use an Exploit like Break to Heal. Otherwise, they can be more offensive using Blade Hand, Merciless Gunman or Hellfire.

What is the Demon equivalent of sunlight and silver bullets? - The biggest weakness for a Demon is getting caught. Pulling down the wrath of the God-Machine in either a direct Angelic attack, blowing his cover or having other agents (cults, etc.) come after the Demon. Doing things outside the Cover's normal behavior can weaken Cover, thereby having to lose whatever they have built up (money, identity, status, etc.).

How might Hunters hunt a Demon. - Maybe they become Cultists of the G-M? Maybe they pick up on the shifting Covers and know he/she is a supernatural? Aetheric detector invented of some type?

What is stopping a Hunter/Spurned Pactbound from exposing a Demon as one and causing a cascade of compromise checks? - Who's going to believe them? If a Demon can shift Covers to give an alibi, separate from Demonic form from the Cover to seem like someone else (Terrible Avatar), or just rewrite the minds of those he's "affected" (Memory Theft/Without a Trace) or even write it into the Pact to void the advantages of the Pactbound? You have some options.

Leave a comment:

• DontEatRawHagis
    replied
    Demons don't seem that much more durable than Mortals and don't really have a weakness as far as I can tell, mainly because it seems like they are harmed by the same thing that harms a Mortal.
    • What is stopping a Mortal from killing a Demon in one on one combat?
    • What is the Demon equivalent of sunlight and silver bullets?
    • How might Hunters hunt Demons?
    • What is stopping a Hunter/Spurned Pactbound from exposing a Demon as one and causing a cascade of compromise checks?

Leave a comment:

• KieranMullen
    replied
    Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
    Hello, maybe this is an old question, anyway I'm here!

Demons are often depict as wary and selfish beings, and also the manuals tells tath's not so easy for them to make team work.

Do you have any plot hook to suggest me about how to put together a Ring of Unchained in spite of their lonely nature?
    Why not get your players to help you? Ask them how they met, and why they decided to trust each other. Otherwise it might feel a bit forced if you give them a reason that you made up. You can throw them some suggestions:
    • One player might have helped the other right after they Fell.
    • They might have been brought together by a superior in an Agency.
    • One might have saved the another from a hunter Angel.
    • They each have a person or cause threatened by a common GodMachine activity.
    • There is a low but steady Aether source that requires several demons to operate.

Leave a comment:

• Ipergigio
    replied
    Hello, maybe this is an old question, anyway I'm here!

Demons are often depict as wary and selfish beings, and also the manuals tells tath's not so easy for them to make team work.

Do you have any plot hook to suggest me about how to put together a Ring of Unchained in spite of their lonely nature?

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    IIRC Resonance Sensitivity simply modifies the Aetheric resonance sense that all demons have access to. It removes the Aether cost (and makes it reflexive if it isn't already, I believe; not at my books right now). Check the rules for Aetheric resonance sense for details.

Leave a comment:

• Taidragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post

Yes, but the demon still gets to try to spoof.
    It doesn't note if Demons spoof in reaponse to it or not

Leave a comment:

• Stupid Loserman
    replied
    Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
    Good day, quick question:
    The merit resonance sensitive from flowers of hell states "Additionally, this Merit allows your character to identify demons on sight without spending Aether."
    Do you think this can bypass Cover protection?
    Yes, but the demon still gets to try to spoof.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X