Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    Yes but it's pointed out one of their assignments is to clear an area of those things, so why is there no embed for it?
    Same reason there's no Embed to "arrange for select reincarnations," with a side order of "making an area baneful to ephemeral beings doesn't even require supernatural powers."

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• I think I understand now. Think less of literal builder and more like a manager, manipulating events using subterfuge to build infrastructure. Thanks Satchel!

Comment

• Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
        A demon uses the Possession Exploit to possess Fred. In the next scene Fred's body takes enough damage to be fatal. What happens to the demon? If she reappears, where does reappear? Is she damaged?
        This question slipped to the previous page without an answer. Does anyone have an answer? Spirits and Ghosts don't die when the person they possess dies AFAIK. What about demons?

Comment

• Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post

This question slipped to the previous page without an answer. Does anyone have an answer? Spirits and Ghosts don't die when the person they possess dies AFAIK. What about demons?
          Considering that the Demon becomes insubstantial to possess the victim, my opinion is that when the possessed die he returns to be insubstantial and materializes normally as if the effect had ended.

Comment

• Does anyone have any cool combined exploits from your analyst characters

One i'm proud of making combines possession and hellhound. It's sorta like being spirit claimed, except by a demon!
            Last edited by Primordial newcomer; 10-25-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• This is a scenario I ran into in a game, and has bugged me ever since. Is an Angel using an Influence to make Infrastructure harder to hack via die pool penalty a legitimate (or a good) tactic, particularly when the Angel themselves hasn't appeared in the game personally? To me it feels like an artificial means of increasing the difficulty of hacking Infrastructure, and I can't find anything in the book that supports it, but I wonder if I'm looking at it right? I dunno.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
                This is a scenario I ran into in a game, and has bugged me ever since. Is an Angel using an Influence to make Infrastructure harder to hack via die pool penalty a legitimate (or a good) tactic, particularly when the Angel themselves hasn't appeared in the game personally? To me it feels like an artificial means of increasing the difficulty of hacking Infrastructure, and I can't find anything in the book that supports it, but I wonder if I'm looking at it right? I dunno.
                That's going to depend heavily on the scenario, given what Infrastructure hacking entails. The nature of occult matrices and the scarcity of vantages on angelic Twilight make it theoretically workable, at least, but the particulars matter.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                  That's going to depend heavily on the scenario, given what Infrastructure hacking entails. The nature of occult matrices and the scarcity of vantages on angelic Twilight make it theoretically workable, at least, but the particulars matter.
                  The problem is I am completely devoid on the particulars of the Angel - I only learned of the Angel afterwards, out of character, after I started asking around why Conceilment Infrastructure may be at a -5 penalty instead of -3. All I knew at the time was it was happening with the first Infrastructure the group was infiltrating, that the two Demon ring I was in were both at Primum 1, and that the Infrastructure was in a pocket dimension in the back of a coffee shop draining something from teens of varying backgrounds. We couldn’t get any information because the penalty was so high and cooperation was discouraged on account of nobody keeping an eye out for trouble if we did, in spite of dealing with the mortal guards.

I will openly admit, this aspect of that game is something I am bitter about even after a full year, and I wanted to get another perspective on it. I previously had the same problem due to a misuse of another ST on the Obsession condition, and talking about it here helped. Even knowing it’s theoretically possible helps some.
                  Last edited by Taidragon; 10-28-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• I'd like to have a character who's the trope of the Evil but Suave Town Sheriff, like Gary Cole's character, Lucas Black, in the original TV series "American Gothic." He would be running a small town to give cover for a a nearby Godmachine cult based on the The Farm, which was the headquarters of the real world "The Covenant, the Arm and the Sword of the Lord." In the TV show it's intimated that he's the devil himself. My question is how to design him.
                    • Angel: This has the right level of power (at least a low rank angel) but the character should have a lot of charm and creativity in his maliciousness. GM angels tend to be unimaginative.
                    • An Integrator Demon: This has all the right feel and powers, but would the GM use a demon to guard Infrastructure?
                    • A cultist with supernatural merits: This works in the plot since he would be the head cultist, but would this character be powerful enough to dominate a small town and even pose a threat to a demon who stumbles in to town?
                    • A Mage: This works well for powers. Are their mages alligned with the GM?
                    My difficulty is that the more powerful NPC's get in the GM's employ, the more mechanical they seem and less charismatic.

Comment

• How would you write up a Form Power that allows a demon to encode information in a physical substance (e.g. honey, which you eat to learn from)?

Comment

• Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
                        How would you write up a Form Power that allows a demon to encode information in a physical substance (e.g. honey, which you eat to learn from)?
                        Why a Form Power? That sounds like an Embed or maybe Near Field Gadget.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Why a Form Power? That sounds like an Embed or maybe Near Field Gadget.
                          I was thinking form power because the material would be produced, rather than just having the info 'imprinted' onto it, and because I wanted to be able to encode large amounts of information - much more than, for example, Special Message.

Also, what's a Near Field Gadget?

Comment

• Originally posted by ajf115 View Post

I was thinking form power because the material would be produced, rather than just having the info 'imprinted' onto it, and because I wanted to be able to encode large amounts of information - much more than, for example, Special Message.

Also, what's a Near Field Gadget?
                            Gadget with a Near Field Effect. Basically an existing Embed/Exploit that doesn't quite do what you want, but is close enough with some stretching.

What kind of information? Skill dots worth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

What kind of information? Skill dots worth?
                              Not that much - novels' worth, but it's at the same remove from you as if you had read it, or someone had told you. It gives you information, not skill. You could encode a guide on how to make stuff, but it wouldn't give you a dot in Craft (though it could be justification for buying up dots with EXP).

Comment

• Near Field of Download Knowledge?

Comment

Working...
                                X