Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
    I’m quite interested in this . What Havoc could the God-Machine do with a Demon-blooded Mage
    There are examples like a mage who is concealment infrastructure to block out the memories of an event from the populace.

Being infrastructure also may come with the side effect of demons coming up to you to try to siphon aether from you or trying to hack you. "WTF are you doing?"

Comment

• It's been a while since I read the rules, so I want to check thoughts. If its stipulated in the contract, and of course the other party knows, could you make it viable for a person to sign with something other than their name on a contract? Like easy scenario would be if the pact was to give someone back the ability to use their hands in the exchange could you make it so contract says, "The party of [their name here] here after refered to as X and will knowingly be signing as such..."

Comment

• Do WoD demons exist in CoD?

I need some enforcer types for a particular company that is a front for a GodMachine operation. The company is pretty high up in my conspiracy pyramid, and therefore pretty powerful. The company would tend to respond forcefully to any threats or interlopers so the enforcers should be a real threat.

I thought of modeling them on Croup and Vandemar from Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. They are evil, sadistic, unhurried, relentless, and nigh-indestructible. They probably can't be designed as angels, given their sadism and love of destroying anything beautiful. Moreover making them angels brings a lot of baggage - angels have Incepts, they can call in other angels, they can retreat to Twilight, and fighting them breaks the Cover of the PC;s. I thought of making the enforcers Horrors, which works pretty well. Would Beasts work better? Centimani?

Comment

• Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
          Do WoD demons exist in CoD?

I need some enforcer types for a particular company that is a front for a GodMachine operation. The company is pretty high up in my conspiracy pyramid, and therefore pretty powerful. The company would tend to respond forcefully to any threats or interlopers so the enforcers should be a real threat.

I thought of modeling them on Croup and Vandemar from Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. They are evil, sadistic, unhurried, relentless, and nigh-indestructible. They probably can't be designed as angels, given their sadism and love of destroying anything beautiful. Moreover making them angels brings a lot of baggage - angels have Incepts, they can call in other angels, they can retreat to Twilight, and fighting them breaks the Cover of the PC;s. I thought of making the enforcers Horrors, which works pretty well. Would Beasts work better? Centimani?
          Consider that exiles sidestep much of the angel-baggage in that list.

Resident Lore-Hound
          Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
            Do WoD demons exist in CoD?

If nothing else, Horrors from the Chronicles Of Darkness book would fit this niche well. You can tailor a Horror to match the setting/tone of your game, with Dreadpowers in the book and ones you can make up yourself. The book even notes you can even give it a Supernatural Tolerance trait like Blood Potency or Wyrd to make it mingle with others in your gameline without adhering directly with their rules. Primum could work well there.

Comment

• How does the Madness condition work on a Demon? They have Cover instead of Integrity, which doesn’t really relate to their mental health, supernaturally affected or otherwise. How does one resolve or even apply the effects to an Unchained? Does one just replace “Integrity” with “Cover” for it?

Comment

• Quick question from someone who hasn't read much of Demon.

If an Angel is going about their business, and is detained magically, kept from doing their business for years and years. Upon being released, are they automatically fallen, cut away from the GM, or do they then have to make a decision to either turn themselves in, so to speak, or go and fall?

Comment

• The Fall is always a matter of choice. Something else happens to angels who lose their connection to the God-Machine against their will. They don't become demons, but it's not good for their sanity.

Comment

• Upon release most angels would either reconnect with the GM and continue their function, or, if perhaps the relevant Infrastructure has changed since then, fail to reconnect and become an Exile. Falling requires choosing not to resume their mission once free again.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                      It's been a while since I read the rules, so I want to check thoughts. If its stipulated in the contract, and of course the other party knows, could you make it viable for a person to sign with something other than their name on a contract? Like easy scenario would be if the pact was to give someone back the ability to use their hands in the exchange could you make it so contract says, "The party of [their name here] here after refered to as X and will knowingly be signing as such..."
                      Literacy isn’t required for a pact to work, so I see no reason why not.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                      Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
                      Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• Outside of Ephemeral Cover and Rip The Gates, what do demons have for interacting with ghosts and spirits?

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Nothing (or very little) IIRC. Demons are specifically weak against ephemeral entities.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                            Nothing (or very little) IIRC. Demons are specifically weak against ephemeral entities.
                            Thought so.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

• Hellfire is an option, if you can get them to materialize. Employing Banes and such may be valid.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                                Hellfire is an option, if you can get them to materialize. Employing Banes and such may be valid.
                                My main concern, actually, was just simple conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                X