Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xenoterracide
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Yeah, but it has been established that Demons do sleep. I'd think they dream, too. Though how they interact with the various dream realms and the Astral is unknown.
    I want this covered in a book now, there should be at least 2 paragraphs on what demons can and can't do in the astral, especially if something like a Beast should invade their dreams.

Leave a comment:

• Bunyip
    replied
    Originally posted by Basic View Post
    Reading it we got a little confused. When a demon uses it is the demon also effected by the exploit ?
    Yes. The demon also disempowers itself. "This forces the demon to rely only on the Skills that his Cover gives him, but it also confuses and disempowers angels for a short time." - p.173.

Can a player who uses this not use exploits, embeds and demon form stuff while in the reality enforcement area ?
    No exploits or embeds. They can use aspects of their demonic form that don't require Aether.

Also Being this thing knocks out Numina and stuff like that does this also knock out an Angels Influence and intercepts ?
    Good question. By literal reading of the Exploit, an angel's ability to use Essence isn't blocked, which means Influences could be used. However, dramatic failure amplifying both Aether and Essence use into feedback implies that the Exploit is intended to affect both Aether and Essence.

My opinion is that angels in the area can't spend Essence, therefore can't use Influences. I'd suggest that Incepts are also covered by this and can't be used.

Leave a comment:

• Basic
    replied
    I have a player currently playing a succubus style demon in my demon the decent game I'm looking to make them an interlock based on the Majesty vampire power Green Eyes. I was looking for advice on what I should change to make this power work for a demon.

Leave a comment:

• Basic
    replied
    I have a question about Reality Enforcement

I had a player go loud when fighting an angel and used Reality Enforcement.

Reading it we got a little confused. When a demon uses it is the demon also effected by the exploit ?

Can a player who uses this not use exploits, embeds and demon form stuff while in the reality enforcement area ?

Also Being this thing knocks out Numina and stuff like that does this also knock out an Angels Influence and intercepts ?

Leave a comment:

• ElvesofZion
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    It's not mentioned in VtR 2E either. Since many people just assumed that vampires did regain Willpower by sleeping the devs clarified that the omission is deliberate. If it's not in DtD then it's most likely also deliberate.

Difference there is that VtR is self contained and therefore the omission as deliberate makes sense. DtD requires the core book and assumes its rules are true unless it says otherwise. So Demons do while Vampires don't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X