Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    My main concern, actually, was just simple conversation.
    The mundane solution is to boost their ability to Manifest by providing the right Manifestation Conditions.
    Any Embeds or Exploits that opens up a personal channel of communication might bridge Twilight, but I'm not aware of any official ones. Might also be difficult to target someone you can't perceive.

Being able to perceive Twilight is by far the simplest answer (since it bridges the only faulty link in the chain of communication: you can talk to them, they can hear you, they can respond, but you can't hear them) but allowing that for an Embed may open up for consequences detrimental to gameplay if it can be used to perceive angels in Twilight.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• I've recently read Night Horrors: Enemy Action and I have a question regarding the opening of Exiles. it mentions they can Fall. is this to be taken literally or is it just figurative

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
        I've recently read Night Horrors: Enemy Action and I have a question regarding the opening of Exiles. it mentions they can Fall. is this to be taken literally or is it just figurative
        Exiles are still angels and therefore hypothetically retain the capacity for Falling, although many of them have that chance gated behind "how do you disobey a lack of orders?" or "does this Mission even have a betrayal parameter?"

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• I suppose the "simplest" way would be to actively work against the God-Machine, but that's so far beyond "maybe if I just bend this order a little bit" that it would be extremely rare. It'd have to develop mentally and emotionally to a full blown Saboteur before it becomes free from the programming that keeps it from doing so.

Far easier is probably an exile that is supposed to get continuous updates to its mission parameters and decides to abandon even the fixed parts of the mission after losing contact. Unless they're not counted as exiles because they still have a mission or something; it's been a long time since I read the text on exiles.

Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            My main concern, actually, was just simple conversation.
            A “simple” way would be for using gadgets, be it a variant of Remote Linkup or Voice Of The Machine and make it something like a telegraph, a walkie talkie or a radio (or even an Ouija board). Have it set up so that you can talk directly to the ephemeral in question if they are within range, and they can commune back. It isn’t too hard to think of out of the box solutions using physically realized blocks of the God-Machine’s code...thouh that may just be the box I have stuck myself in.
            Last edited by Taidragon; 04-24-2019, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
              I've recently read Night Horrors: Enemy Action and I have a question regarding the opening of Exiles. it mentions they can Fall. is this to be taken literally or is it just figurative
              Sometimes, the God-Machine offers an Exile the chance to return. “Do this mission I offer to you, and you’ll be restored to your former glory.” If the Exile accepts, they get to be a complete angel once more. If they refuse, they Fall.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
              Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
              Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• What happens when your bargain away a connection for a patch job but don't immediatly graft it to a cover ? Does the spouse of the pactbound person still recognize them as their husband/wife ?

If you created a cover from various pact and it has been established for some time now, like let's say one year, if some or all of the various contract from wich you created the cover are destroyed, what happens to your cover ?

Also unrelated to pact but a question that is kind of the continuation of ArcaneArts question : Can the Read Aura technology help demon finds spirit and/or ghost in twilight ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Emerick View Post
                  What happens when your bargain away a connection for a patch job but don't immediatly graft it to a cover ? Does the spouse of the pactbound person still recognize them as their husband/wife ?

If you created a cover from various pact and it has been established for some time now, like let's say one year, if some or all of the various contract from wich you created the cover are destroyed, what happens to your cover ?
                  Pacts are usually a quid pro quo - the mortal gets X and the demon gets Y. There isn't a delay or a set of spare parts sitting in a cupboard. If you are playing it so there *is* such a thing as "stored Cover parts" then the mortal should lose the connection (e.g. their marriage) when they gain the benefit from the pact, even if no demon has incorporated it into their Cover.

If a pact is destroyed then the parts obtained in the pact revert to the original mortal owner, who also loses the benefits of the pact. The Cover that incorporated those parts is then damaged and might not survive.

All of the above IMHO, of course.

Comment

• I mean there is demon trading covers or saving the contracts for special jobs in fiction so i'm not sure ? I don't kknow maybe you're right.

Comment

• "At a time of my choosing I will collect the price."

That would be extremely appropriate to add to a pact considering the source material. But I think you'd have to add something like that in order to indefinitely postpone the transfer/grafting to your Cover.

Comment

• You could probably get away a "price to be collected at the time and place of party [the demon]'s choosing" for more contractual language with just specifying that the Unchained are allowed to specify those details at a future point. This would make particular sense if you were trading for part of a cover that the other party hasn't had yet, as this would probably help with the contract balancing thing by requiring the other party to actually provide that part of the cover.

I think, would that work? Contract balance in the mechanical always confused me.

Comment

• Woop, founf what i wanted in Demon Interface, there a whole section explaining pact, from conditional to delayed, transfer pacts, bill of sale and cover trading , it's really neat and offer a lot of pratical information on the pact economy of the unchained

Comment

• Using such mechanisms, provided certain terms are automagically enforced, you can even use them as detection methods - make a Pact for a small, but noticeable element conditional upon X doing Y. If you notice the presence or absence of said element, Y happened to X.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Is there an in-universe reason why the GodMachine keeps humans around? I have my own head-canon for why but I don't know if there is an "official" reason why.

Comment

• Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
                                Is there an in-universe reason why the GodMachine keeps humans around? I have my own head-canon for why but I don't know if there is an "official" reason why.
                                Well, they can be easily manipulated into making infrastructures and it can sacrifice them to produce essence for example

Comment

Working...
                                X