Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
    As a demon, can I cure a degenerative disease by Pacting for it, and then just never patching that element into one of my Covers, or sticking it on a Facade or burn Cover?
    I wouldn't allow a demonic pact to "remove from play" an identifier by bargaining for it without putting it anywhere. At my table, it doesn't come off the pactee until it goes onto a Cover.
    I wouldn't allow identifiers to be pasted onto a facade either. A facade is borrowed, not owned, and it's too thin a material to work with.

Patch it onto a Cover you intend to burn anyway? I'd allow it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
      As a demon, can I cure a degenerative disease by Pacting for it, and then just never patching that element into one of my Covers, or sticking it on a Facade or burn Cover?
      A demon can make a pact with a homeless person giving them riches in return for the love of a childhood sweetheart - the demon doesn't have to take on their poverty or homelessness.

A demon can give an ugly person the Merit "Striking Looks" in return for their "loss of a child" experience, without having to take on the human's ugly features.

So I would think that a demon can make a pact giving someone the Merit "Hardy" or "Robust" without taking on the human's illness.

Of course, YMMV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post

I wouldn't allow a demonic pact to "remove from play" an identifier by bargaining for it without putting it anywhere. At my table, it doesn't come off the pactee until it goes onto a Cover.
        I wouldn't allow identifiers to be pasted onto a facade either. A facade is borrowed, not owned, and it's too thin a material to work with.

Patch it onto a Cover you intend to burn anyway? I'd allow it.

I've made an NPC, The Kindly One, who does this,... and gives the cancer-striken patch jobs to demons in need of an emergency Cover, Never could work them into a book but always wanted to

Onyx Path Freelancer: Demon Storyteller's Guide, Dark Eras, Night Horrors: Enemy Action
        Storyteller's Guide Extra Material
        After the Fall: Bonus Material

Comment

Working...
        X