Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And with Stalking Horse and Everybody Knows, their own hunters will find them swiftly.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• So, since there was some confusion over it on a Discord group I'm in, I'm going to ask this; how much does a non-Analyst Demon remember of their time as an Angel? I was under the impression their memories were fuzzy at best, but the text is confusing to look over for that. Some page numbers would be appreciated.
      Last edited by Taidragon; 12-21-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
        So, since there was some confusion over it on a Discord group I'm in, I'm going to ask this; how much does a non-Analyst Demon remember of their time as an Angel? I was under the impression their memories were fuzzy at best, but the text is confusing to look over for that. Some page numbers would be appreciated.
        It's a safe bet you remember most if not all of your last assignment and anything before that is going to depend on your CV and the intervening maintenance.

Resident Lore-Hound
        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
          So, since there was some confusion over it on a Discord group I'm in, I'm going to ask this; how much does a non-Analyst Demon remember of their time as an Angel? I was under the impression their memories were fuzzy at best, but the text is confusing to look over for that. Some page numbers would be appreciated.
          I ran a prologue for a player where it covered his arrival, assignment, and how he carried out his task. So he knew what Infrastructure summoned him and what Infrastructure he used to maintain his abilities.

He doesn’t remember much about before his assignment except that he was bodyless and directionless.

Comment

• From Demoon:Interface source material (the one about the step-daughter assignment), it would appear that yes, you remember the last assignment fairly well. Everything else is subject to ST discretion. If you are running a game, then it's up to you. The guideline is fuzzy such as you were a Messenger or Sword type of angel engaged in THIS or THAT type of activities. Sometimes angels are wiped between uses as well. Think about the Winter Soldier in Captain America. You were sent out, did you mission. If you started asking too many questions,, you were wiped usually.

Comment

• Let's say the PC's manage to provoke a high Rank angel into Falling. What happens? Is there an explosion? Does the Angel collapse? Do they become a Primum 1 demon instantly?

Comment

• Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
                Let's say the PC's manage to provoke a high Rank angel into Falling. What happens? Is there an explosion? Does the Angel collapse? Do they become a Primum 1 demon instantly?
                Descriptions of the Fall are on page 37. The Fall feels like an eternity for the on doing it, but is in fact a few seconds. The damage done to them is all internal. Collapsing in pain is likely, explosions? not as much.

Angels typically start at Primum 1 when they fall. Page 108 of the core rules. They only start with more if they gain some invaluable insight in the Fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
                  Let's say the PC's manage to provoke a high Rank angel into Falling. What happens? Is there an explosion? Does the Angel collapse? Do they become a Primum 1 demon instantly?
                  With high rank do you mean rank 6+ archangels?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

With high rank do you mean rank 6+ archangels?
                    No, merely a "5".

Comment

• I was reading the Demon Storyteller's Guide (DSG) about Angelic Incepts and it states on page 84 for the Delivery Incept:

This Incept also allows the angel to spend Essence equal to the local Gauntlet to create a portal to any other ephemeral realm, from the Underworld to the Astral Realms to the Abyss.

What does it mean "any other ephemeral realm"? I would assume this would not include The Hedge but where else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghostdriver View Post
                        I was reading the Demon Storyteller's Guide (DSG) about Angelic Incepts and it states on page 84 for the Delivery Incept:

This Incept also allows the angel to spend Essence equal to the local Gauntlet to create a portal to any other ephemeral realm, from the Underworld to the Astral Realms to the Abyss.

What does it mean "any other ephemeral realm"? I would assume this would not include The Hedge but where else?
                        I think it means any other realm that isn't the material (including splintered timelines and such). One of the examples, the Abyss, isn't ephemeral, nor is it actually a realm in its own right. It contains realms (also known as Annunaki) but it's more of a force than a location.

If you instead think the inclusion of the Abyss was a mistake and it's only ephemeral realms that can be reached, then it's the Shadow, the Underworld and the Astral Realms. There are no other ephemeral realms that are known to us.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Thanks Tessie. You make sense in that I think it's talking about "Underworld to the Astral Realms" as Ephemeral. To me, since it seems to add "to the Abyss" at the end, it seems that it is not included in the above but a total separate "place".

What about The Hedge? Rip the Gates Exploit allows this. Would it be safe to say that an Angel could travel there as well?

Comment

• As phrased the way it is, "to the Abyss" is included as an example of an ephemeral realm. It's not tucked on; it's part of the same list as the Underworld and the Astral.

The Hedge is not an ephemeral realm. Depending on how you rule the Incept to work at your table it may be possible at ST's discretion (if you open it up for all otherworldly realms) or impossible (if you, unlike the examples, limit it to only ephemeral realms).

Bloodline: The Stygians
                            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• The intent seems to be allowing them to reach various otherworlds. I'd allow it to reach whatever realms you are using.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Page 138 of the Storyteller’s Guide outright states the God-Machine’s agents can’t enter the Hedge by design or accident. It seems strange that an Angelic Incept would allow them to access the Hedge.

Comment

Working...
                                X