Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Didn't see one of these for DtD.

Question: I have been considering getting the DtD starter kit. Are the rules already updated to the God Machine Chronicles? For instance, are their conditions, and beats?

• Taidragon
    replied
    This is something that has been discussed on and off on the Onyxpath discord, and I wanted to ask;

Does Aetheric Resonance breach Angelic Cover? Does Aura Sight work to bypass it either?

Honestly I am in the camp Aetheric Resonance doesn’t because, much like how aetheric resonance and abilities like it doesn’t allow Demons to sense each other (beyond a benefit of a merit which still confuses me, Resonance Sensitive) unless they are using powers, Cover means an Angel isn’t exposing their true nature and at the very least Cryptids don’t tend to react unless they expend Essence. Aura Sight I am unsure about though. An impartial or developer viewpoint would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    Sorry to put so much questions but i have a session to run tonight and i m assailed by hundred of doubts.
    Pact states that only direct interested peoples have their memory altered.
    What about pact for items and places within an organization?
    Which peoples have their memory altered?
    Also, if a demon acquire a spouse from his husband, can he also trade for his relaction with the woman's parents, in a way thet the parents recognize him as the husband?

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
    If he want to survive must it discard the cover before death, even if he is not using it?
    To my understanding, there's not much reason to hold onto it, because…
    What happens to infrastructures and memories of a discarded cover?
    They remain, provided the Cover hasn't degraded to a rating of 0.
    I need a demon to leave a corpse for his family before switching cover, is the only viable option to Play Possum and then escape the coffin, then switching to another cover?
    Short of shenanigans with gadgets and Infrastructure or possibly Self-Destructing as a Tempter, yeah.

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    If i understand it rightly when a demon cover dies of old age, if the demon is using it he dies for real but the infrastructure of the identity details and linked memories remains intacts.
    If he want to survive must it discard the cover before death, even if he is not using it?
    What happens to infrastructures and memories of a discarded cover?
    I need a demon to leave a corpse for his family before switching cover, is the only viable option to Play Possum and then escape the coffin, then switching to another cover?

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

No and yes. They're Ephemeral Entities so the mechanical role of Merits is mostly unnecessary or incompatible. However, certain Merits may be suitable for whatever cover they have, so I'd allow the effect if it makes sense.
    I figured that was the case, I just needed confirmation. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Bunyip
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Not really?

Dumb question I should know the answer to: Can angels have Merits?
    No and yes. They're Ephemeral Entities so the mechanical role of Merits is mostly unnecessary or incompatible. However, certain Merits may be suitable for whatever cover they have, so I'd allow the effect if it makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Not really?

Dumb question I should know the answer to: Can angels have Merits?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.F.I.X.
    replied
    I'm having trouble remembering where something was in a book, does anyone remember any reference to a bonus to comprimise rolls in other realms (not the material)?

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by DontEatRawHagis View Post
    Aether is created when Angels use Numina, is this also the case for any entity that uses Numina? I.e. spirits and ghosts.
    No. Ghosts leave behind Plasm when they use Manifestations, but Aether is a byproduct of direct applications of the God-Machine's arcane physics and little else.

Leave a comment:

• Stupid Loserman
    replied
    Originally posted by DontEatRawHagis View Post
    Aether is created when Angels use Numina, is this also the case for any entity that uses Numina? I.e. spirits and ghosts.
    No, only angels.

Leave a comment:

• DontEatRawHagis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
    Can you cite a page? A text search didn't turn up anything on "bill of exchange". I can find discussions of exchange of "bits of Cover" exchanged for Gadgets but it wasn't clear to me that you can yank a few points out of a Cover you are actually inhabiting and giving it to another Demon.
    Loserman has the correct citation. I remembered that the thing you were asking about existed and part of the name and mechanics, but typing on mobile while my PDF library is in shambles from moving files around and I haven't full-dived Demon as a line in a couple years meant the most confident answer I could give to the answer to the question of "Can demons trade Covers?" was "Yes, and it's a neat thing in the books." Apologies for the inconvenience.

Leave a comment:

• Stupid Loserman
    replied
    Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
    Can you cite a page? A text search didn't turn up anything on "bill of exchange". I can find discussions of exchange of "bits of Cover" exchanged for Gadgets but it wasn't clear to me that you can yank a few points out of a Cover you are actually inhabiting and giving it to another Demon.
    I believe Satchel has misremembered here: bills of sale are in the Interface anthology, not the Player's Guide, in the mechanical appendix to the Retirement short story.

Leave a comment:

• KieranMullen
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    Player's Guide covers how a bill of exchange works. You functionally create a specialized gadget that amends a pact to transfer benefits.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X