Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Didn't see one of these for DtD.

Question: I have been considering getting the DtD starter kit. Are the rules already updated to the God Machine Chronicles? For instance, are their conditions, and beats?

• Ghostdriver
    replied
    Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
    Page 138 of the Storyteller’s Guide outright states the God-Machine’s agents can’t enter the Hedge by design or accident. It seems strange that an Angelic Incept would allow them to access the Hedge.
    Thanks for the citation Taidragon. Appreciate all the feedback.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by DontEatRawHagis View Post
    But doing so is suicide since they won’t have access to their powers.
    It's only Rip the Gates that can't be used within the Hedge. The only other thing the Hedge interferes with when it comes to demons is their Covers.

Leave a comment:

• DontEatRawHagis
    replied
    Page 138 of the Storyteller’s Guide outright states the God-Machine’s agents can’t enter the Hedge by design or accident. It seems strange that an Angelic Incept would allow them to access the Hedge.
    A Demon can open a rift into the Hedge. But doing so is suicide since they won’t have access to their powers. It could be assumed that since a demon can do it an Angel could as well. Though likely only as a last resort to trap a powerful demon.

Think about it. What better place to banish an entity than a place where it’s powers don’t work.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Most angels don't leave the material realm, outright, and Incepts are legacy code that loyalists generally aren't entirely authorized to use, but neither of those things strictly locks them off from having a slightly better vector for relocating extradimensional beings than mortals do — just because you're opening a door doesn't mean you're the one coming through.

Leave a comment:

• Taidragon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    The intent seems to be allowing them to reach various otherworlds. I'd allow it to reach whatever realms you are using.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    As phrased the way it is, "to the Abyss" is included as an example of an ephemeral realm. It's not tucked on; it's part of the same list as the Underworld and the Astral.

The Hedge is not an ephemeral realm. Depending on how you rule the Incept to work at your table it may be possible at ST's discretion (if you open it up for all otherworldly realms) or impossible (if you, unlike the examples, limit it to only ephemeral realms).

Leave a comment:

• Ghostdriver
    replied
    Thanks Tessie. You make sense in that I think it's talking about "Underworld to the Astral Realms" as Ephemeral. To me, since it seems to add "to the Abyss" at the end, it seems that it is not included in the above but a total separate "place".

What about The Hedge? Rip the Gates Exploit allows this. Would it be safe to say that an Angel could travel there as well?

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghostdriver View Post
    I was reading the Demon Storyteller's Guide (DSG) about Angelic Incepts and it states on page 84 for the Delivery Incept:

This Incept also allows the angel to spend Essence equal to the local Gauntlet to create a portal to any other ephemeral realm, from the Underworld to the Astral Realms to the Abyss.

What does it mean "any other ephemeral realm"? I would assume this would not include The Hedge but where else?
    I think it means any other realm that isn't the material (including splintered timelines and such). One of the examples, the Abyss, isn't ephemeral, nor is it actually a realm in its own right. It contains realms (also known as Annunaki) but it's more of a force than a location.

If you instead think the inclusion of the Abyss was a mistake and it's only ephemeral realms that can be reached, then it's the Shadow, the Underworld and the Astral Realms. There are no other ephemeral realms that are known to us.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostdriver
    replied
    I was reading the Demon Storyteller's Guide (DSG) about Angelic Incepts and it states on page 84 for the Delivery Incept:

This Incept also allows the angel to spend Essence equal to the local Gauntlet to create a portal to any other ephemeral realm, from the Underworld to the Astral Realms to the Abyss.

What does it mean "any other ephemeral realm"? I would assume this would not include The Hedge but where else?

Leave a comment:

• KieranMullen
    replied
    Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

With high rank do you mean rank 6+ archangels?
    No, merely a "5".

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
    Let's say the PC's manage to provoke a high Rank angel into Falling. What happens? Is there an explosion? Does the Angel collapse? Do they become a Primum 1 demon instantly?
    With high rank do you mean rank 6+ archangels?

Leave a comment:

• DontEatRawHagis
    replied
    Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
    Let's say the PC's manage to provoke a high Rank angel into Falling. What happens? Is there an explosion? Does the Angel collapse? Do they become a Primum 1 demon instantly?
    Descriptions of the Fall are on page 37. The Fall feels like an eternity for the on doing it, but is in fact a few seconds. The damage done to them is all internal. Collapsing in pain is likely, explosions? not as much.

Angels typically start at Primum 1 when they fall. Page 108 of the core rules. They only start with more if they gain some invaluable insight in the Fall.

Leave a comment:

• KieranMullen
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X