Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Didn't see one of these for DtD.

Question: I have been considering getting the DtD starter kit. Are the rules already updated to the God Machine Chronicles? For instance, are their conditions, and beats?

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by DontEatRawHagis View Post
    Aether is created when Angels use Numina, is this also the case for any entity that uses Numina? I.e. spirits and ghosts.
    No. Ghosts leave behind Plasm when they use Manifestations, but Aether is a byproduct of direct applications of the God-Machine's arcane physics and little else.

Leave a comment:

• Stupid Loserman
    replied
    Originally posted by DontEatRawHagis View Post
    Aether is created when Angels use Numina, is this also the case for any entity that uses Numina? I.e. spirits and ghosts.
    No, only angels.

Leave a comment:

• DontEatRawHagis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
    Can you cite a page? A text search didn't turn up anything on "bill of exchange". I can find discussions of exchange of "bits of Cover" exchanged for Gadgets but it wasn't clear to me that you can yank a few points out of a Cover you are actually inhabiting and giving it to another Demon.
    Loserman has the correct citation. I remembered that the thing you were asking about existed and part of the name and mechanics, but typing on mobile while my PDF library is in shambles from moving files around and I haven't full-dived Demon as a line in a couple years meant the most confident answer I could give to the answer to the question of "Can demons trade Covers?" was "Yes, and it's a neat thing in the books." Apologies for the inconvenience.

Leave a comment:

• Stupid Loserman
    replied
    Can you cite a page? A text search didn't turn up anything on "bill of exchange". I can find discussions of exchange of "bits of Cover" exchanged for Gadgets but it wasn't clear to me that you can yank a few points out of a Cover you are actually inhabiting and giving it to another Demon.
    I believe Satchel has misremembered here: bills of sale are in the Interface anthology, not the Player's Guide, in the mechanical appendix to the Retirement short story.

Leave a comment:

• KieranMullen
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    Player's Guide covers how a bill of exchange works. You functionally create a specialized gadget that amends a pact to transfer benefits.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.F.I.X. View Post

In alot of ways the GM seems to not account for other supernaturals in its plans and activites from what I've read.
    Yeah, there just arent many examples (not the games fault obviously, it's not crossover heavy). I just wonder if it ever reacts to other supernaturals at the least. Like perhaps its prepared for Sothic Turns and such.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.F.I.X.
    replied
    Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    Does the God-Machine react to the New Dawn? It seems odd that it would be unaware of such powerful reality warping (sometimes I wonder if the Great Work can be considered an occult matrix)
    In alot of ways the GM seems to not account for other supernaturals in its plans and activites from what I've read.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    Does the God-Machine react to the New Dawn? It seems odd that it would be unaware of such powerful reality warping (sometimes I wonder if the Great Work can be considered an occult matrix)

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Can Demons exchange Covers, or parts of Covers with each other? (Assume that the Pact was not originally written as transferable, and that the Covers are standard ones.)

I would assume not, since Demons can't make Pacts with each other to generate infinite benefits, swapping Cover experiences back and forth.
    Player's Guide covers how a bill of exchange works. You functionally create a specialized gadget that amends a pact to transfer benefits.

Leave a comment:

• KieranMullen
    replied
    Can Demons exchange Covers, or parts of Covers with each other? (Assume that the Pact was not originally written as transferable, and that the Covers are standard ones.)

I would assume not, since Demons can't make Pacts with each other to generate infinite benefits, swapping Cover experiences back and forth.

Leave a comment:

• Jacob
    replied
    I would think the experiences simply integrate into the cover identity's past (and that mechanically the character gets some Cover Beats for that cover).

Leave a comment:

• TerrorCooper
    replied
    I have a player whose character is in their mid forties. They bought the experiences of a teenager growing up in a small town. What does it mean for experiences to be incorporated into their current Cover, given the age difference?

Not sure myself, but you should try searching through the Demon Books (starting, of course, with the Core), then ask yourself how you want to play it.

Leave a comment:

• KieranMullen
    replied
    I have a player whose character is in their mid forties. They bought the experiences of a teenager growing up in a small town. What does it mean for experiences to be incorporated into their current Cover, given the age difference?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X