Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angel Weapons ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Angel Weapons ?

    I was reading in the demon book that some angels use weapons. Like a sword of light. I wanted to know what power in the book is used to create weapons for angles like swords of light and other weapons ?

  • #2
    Just representative of an Angel's attack dice pool. Sometimes I gave Angels natural weapons to represent that sort of thing (e.g. attacks that do 3L damage natively).

    Comment


    • #3
      ^That or numina if there is a specific effect desired.


      Comment


      • #4
        In the demon forms section of the book it states that angels use the form abilities just as demons do. As long as it fits it's form I give them that power. So if a angel was wielding a sword the Blade Hand form would fit.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SpiritSponge View Post
          In the demon forms section of the book it states that angels use the form abilities just as demons do.
          Could I get a citation for this? I've been looking for a section of the rules that says that for ages.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Basic View Post
            I was reading in the demon book that some angels use weapons. Like a sword of light. I wanted to know what power in the book is used to create weapons for angles like swords of light and other weapons ?
            TBH, I tend to just re-skin already-present weapons, maybe add a little power and just give them to the angel. If you really want to, you could give them a Numen that allows them to conjure a specific weapon. Or do something like Mr. Shivers in the rulebook, who has a knife for a left hand.


            Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
              Could I get a citation for this? I've been looking for a section of the rules that says that for ages.

              I'm going by the description for each form. There's no official rule as far as I can tell but they do use them. Maybe official rules can be added to the Demon Night Horrors book I hope will one day come out.

              Comment


              • #8
                Demon form can count as numina, if i remember right...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by The Throne View Post
                  Demon form can count as numina, if i remember right...
                  There's definitely rules for Embed/Exploit as Numina (and several example Angels use them), it'd be pretty simple to allow a Demonic Form Ability in that slot, too.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    "Some entities use weapons, in which case roll Power + Finesse and then apply weapon damage on a successful attack."

                    So you can just decide how much damage the angel's claws or lightsaber or whatever does, and call it a day.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Its a lot like the spirit of a gun using the Blast Numina to simulate shooting a bullet. You use Influences and Numina to get an aproximation of the non-mundane abilties, then assign a modifier.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X