Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are angels brought into the world?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are angels brought into the world?

when an angel is brought into the world does it materialize in infrastructure? or directly into whatever cover the god machine has set up for it?

Graphic Inspirational Photos for Chronicles of Darkness on Pinterest
    Chronicles of Darkness Slack (PM Me with Email for an Invite, then invite your friends)

It all falls to the GM. So far I have it where angels are summoned to earth/ created by a infrastructure but that does not mean it has to be summoned or created in that location. The location can be used as a point to draw it earth or create it on earth at another location.

Comment

None of this is in the book, but here are my suggestions!

A 'subtle insertion' is the most discrete form of Angelic intervention. This is where you see an angel step out of a phone booth, or a closet, without much noise or obvious fanfare. Electrical equipment nearby might fritz out momentarily but more or less a subtle insertion can happen right next to an Unchained and they may not notice. Thing is, Angels have to be appropriately constructed for a subtle insertion. To use an analogy, instead of a big computer, it's a tiny rasberry pi. Thus, subtle angels aren't usually loaded up for bear like other deployment types. You may be able to knock one out and get away or outsmart it or use any number of any solutions, because the Angel sacrificed a lot of utility to get to you in the shopping mall without being noticed.

Then we get to harder insertions. 'Angelfall' was used quite a bit in the old days ; storms, lightning, and eventually a streak of light descending from above and landing with a thunderous clamor. These angels can be significantly more dangerous and often don't value a clandestine approach. Subterranean insertions are possible too, with the accompanying earthquake, sinkhole or other 'War of the Worlds' type disturbance.

And finally, we get to the 'Hard Stop'. A hard stop is the most aggressive type of insertion the God Machine generally allows, and it's very unsettling for a Demon to be caught within. The city shuts down rather like in 'Dark City', and time seems to stop. Everything is still, except the hunter and the hunted, as Angels are deployed to manage the situation that has obviously gotten completely out of control. Can you hold ABSOLUTELY STILL and spoof as the reprocesser floats by?

All of these insertions take resources. The subtle insertion is the most 'economical' by the standards of the Machine, and it won't escalate to more firm methods unless... of course... it has something fabulously useful to gain, like say... an Unchained corpse...

Comment

Originally posted by Basic View Post
        It all falls to the GM. So far I have it where angels are summoned to earth/ created by a infrastructure but that does not mean it has to be summoned or created in that location. The location can be used as a point to draw it earth or create it on earth at another location.
        hmm.. so does that mean you angel jack where it's summoned from? or summoned to

Graphic Inspirational Photos for Chronicles of Darkness on Pinterest
        Chronicles of Darkness Slack (PM Me with Email for an Invite, then invite your friends)

Comment

You angel jack at the infrastructure

Comment

Originally posted by xenoterracide View Post
            hmm.. so does that mean you angel jack where it's summoned from? or summoned to

Based on the Angel-jacking opportunity in the sample story in the back of the book, I'd say the 'summoned to' point. Unless The Lambent is also hanging around on the bridge in stasis.

Comment

Originally posted by Basic View Post
              You angel jack at the infrastructure
              Yeah, you're intercepting the signal at it's point of origin.

Comment

Working...
              X