1001 Gadgets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basic View Post
    63) This is not a gadget but a new class I'm calling Dooms Day Gadget (This more of a device used by bad guys like a laser on the moon type of deal)
    Name: Death Ray
    Exploits Used: Hellfire + Disintegrate
    Activation and Trigger: Mechanical Laughter and pushing a big red button
    Effect: When this device is turned on it says ominous hum and fires a large blue beam that completely destroys anything in its path.
    That's a Lambda, and there's a thread for that.

I'm not sure Hellfire and Disintegrate really combine all that well. I think the Aggravated damage from Hellfire can accomplish most of what Disintegrate can. Maybe they could work in tandem? Disintegrate gets rid of anything in front of the shot, until it encounters living matter (which Disintegrate doesn't affect), where-upon the shot deals Aggravated Damage (as normal for Hellfire). But that's just two separate, sequential uses, rather than a fusion of two powers.

Name: Normality Rounds
    Type: Embeded (Going Native), One-Shot[, Near-Field?]
    Activation: Whispering "Only Human", to the rounds before firing.
    Appearance: Standard for ammunition of their type, except for the scratching that resembles Da Vinci's Vitruivian Man on their casings.
    Effect: When a supernatural, human-like (or at least, human-seeming) being is stuck by these rounds, they find themselves severed from their supernatural powers, as if they were only the human they appeared to be.
    Last edited by Vent0; 09-22-2016, 01:02 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

64)
      Name: Up My Sleeve
      Embed Used: In My Pocket
      Activation and Trigger: Hand Sign Of the Owners Choosing
      Effect: Once the user makes their chosen hand sign the weapon they want will slide down their sleeve into their hand

Comment

65) Name: Demonic Bomb Vest
        Exploit Used: Hellfire or Ultimatum
        Activation and Trigger: Timer going off or removing the vest with out the correct code
        Effect: This gadget is deigned to force someone to do something through the threat of death. Upon it activating if it has Ultimatum it will turn the person to salt and if it has hellfire the vest explodes causing Agg damage. the base damage is = to the type of explosive you put into the gadget + how much aether you invest into the gadget.

Last edited by Basic; 02-01-2017, 05:41 PM.

Comment

My players used these two gadgets to kill off an agency

66)
          Name: Order 66
          Embed + Exploit Used: Riot + Muse
          Activation and Trigger: Symbol or Sound
          Effect: This is a software gadget that is an add that infects the viewers mind with a memetic time bomb. This time bomb is activated by a symbol of sound. Upon it become active those infected will

67)
          Name: Weapons For Everyone
          Activation and Trigger: Activates upon Order 66 going out.
          Effect: This Gadget makes random guns appear to people who have be infected with order 66 in an area equal to yards per point of primum placed in gadget

68)
          Name: Order 68
          Embed Used: Like the Movies
          Effect: This Gadget makes the best music play in the are its effecting to add drama to the scene
          Last edited by Basic; 02-01-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

66)
            Effect: This is a software gadget that is an add that infects the viewers mind with a memetic time bomb. This time bomb is activated by a symbol of sound. Upon it become active those infected will

67)
            Name: Weapons For Everyone
            Activation and Trigger: Activates upon Order 66 going out.
            Effect: This Gadget makes random guns appear to people who have be infected with order 66 in an area equal to yards per point of primum placed in gadget

68)
            Name: Order 68
            Embed Used: Like the Movies
            Effect: This Gadget makes the best music play in the are its effecting to add drama to the scene
            First one is a Software Lambda. You can't Install Exploits into software, RAW, though being a Lambda might get around that.
            Second is supposed to be software too?
            As is the third?

Comment

This is a gadget that I'm wanting to make/have made in the current Demon game I'm in, but one player has been very, very, very vocal about how they feel it's overpowered. Can you guys let me know?

69)
              Show Of Power
              A smartphone made of onyx with a smokey white screen with a liquid touch and strange horn-like protrusions on the corners. The cameras on the front and back look disturbingly like blue cat eyes.
              Activation and Triggers: The user must hold the phone at an entity using a Numina, as though taking their picture. This requires a Wits + Computer roll.
              Effect: The gadget copies and stores the Numina, complete with a graphic of the entity that used it. So long as the gadget retains Aether, the Numina may be used at any point afterwards by paying Essence with Aether. The Aether in the gadget may be used, but if it does not have enough the Demon must pay the difference. The Numina may only be used once, successful or otherwise, after which the user must acquire another. The gadget may only store one Numina at a time; attempting to gather a second Numina will only remove the previous one.

I'm not sure if an exceptional success condition to using the gadget should be added, such as the Numina being slightly cheaper to use or something.

Comment

70)
                Name: Righteous Indignation
                Exploit Used: incendiary
                Activation: Pushing a point of willpower into the sword.
                Effect: Upon Pulling the sword from its sheath the sword ignites covered in fire from any color depending on the wielder soul. The Damage code of the sword is raised by the primum level of user or the demon who created it.
                Last edited by Basic; 03-11-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

66)
                  ??????

Will what?

Comment

This is something I started pondering about this morning, and it has since evolved into its own thing.

71)
                    Name: The Spare Room
                    The Spare Room is a stand-up mirror, tall and wide enough that a person could step through the frame. The mirror itself ripples from time to time, as though liquid, the frame creaking with each ripple.
                    Embed:In My Pocket (Near Field)
                    Trigger and Activation:The user must screw the mirror to a wall, so it will not easily be removed.
                    Effect:While the mirror is within a room, it becomes a doorway to a mirrored version of that room, accessible by stepping through the frame of the mirror. The room is slightly smaller than the host room, and is empty of any of the objects within the host room, but can be used to store items itself. If the mirror is unscrewed from the wall, any objects within it are ejected.

72)
                    Name: Home Field
                    A strange, ornate black clock, with gears spinning at all sides. The clock face does show the time, and never seems to wind down, but there is a keyhole on the face of the clock. There is a key that works with the clock, itself almost gear like in shape at the end.
                    Exploit: Demon House
                    Trigger and Activation: The user takes the key and turns it into the clock face in a particular way; this takes the form of a Dexterity + Occult roll.
                    Effect: The user gains a pool of bonus dice equal to the number of successes rolled in activating Home Field. The user may use these dice as a bonus for their Embed and Exploit rolls, removing dice from the pool when used. If the pool is not expended by the end of the scene, the remainder of the dice vanish. Home Field may only be activated once per scene.

73)
                    Name: The Abode
                    A doorway comprised of a wooden case with the front exposed, filled with clockwork. The gears, cogs and wheels within are all polished and apparently silver, some small enough to fit in a pocket watch and others so large they logically should jut out through the door frame. Making a successful Perception check while looking through the gears will reveal even more mechanisms behind the first set, running deep into an impossible space. The door is piano black, while the handle itself is like the door frame, a frame with visible spinning gears inside.
                    Embed + Exploit: In My Pocket + Demon House
                    Trigger and Activation: To attach the Abode to a building, the user must place the door against a wall of the building and turn the key in the lock counter clockwise three times. To detach it, they must turn the key in the lock clockwise three times. Once attached, the door remains stuck to the wall as though it were properly installed into it.
                    Effect: The door leads to a room that appears in the same style as the building it is attached to, including facsimiles of any furnishings the building has (or lacks), but without disrupting the architecture of the rest of the building. Once attached, the user may style the room as they wish, be it removing facsimiles, changing them or even just changing the decorations of the room. Any furnishings introduced from outside the room stay no matter if the room is attached or detached, but they may be incorporated or copied through facsimiles. However, though windows can be made in the room, they cannot look outside, as that would require changing the structure the Abode is attached to. Facsimiles of furniture are typically empty, unless they would carry something that a previous facsimile would carry, and cannot be removed from the room by any means. The Abode is still accessible even if detached from a building, but all it retains from the previous building is the size of the room, and facsimiles cannot be made; the walls and floors become clear glass, with nothing but gears, cogs, wheels and springs visible in a vast dark space unless covered with mundane wallpaper or carpets. Even the Unchained tend to find this default appearance troubling.

Comment

Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
                      This is something I started pondering about this morning, and it has since evolved into its own thing.

71)
                      Name: The Spare Room
                      Based on the description and effect, this seems more like the Deep Pockets Exploit than the In My Pocket Embed.

72)
                      Name: Home Field
                      Should this be Near Field? I don't think Demon House has this direct effect normally.

73)
                      Name: The Abode
                      While this sounds like it is intended for having a more palatial Bolthole-like building, it sounds perfect for practicing infiltration and reconnaissance - slap it on a building is some secluded corner, and scope out the interior without fear of guards or observation. Can it mimic security systems inside the building too?

Comment

Vent0
                        71): I was going for a Near-Field effect of In My Pocket, given that Deep Pockets is more for grabbing things from a particular location, but that does sound like a decent replacement.

72): Yes, I was going for a Near-Field effect; a more mundane Demon House gadget would be one that grants surveillance rather than a bonus, but I liked the idea of Demons gaining a boost in a particular room. Alternatively, gaining the Home Ground dread power would work, but that feels a mite potent.

73): I'd say no, at least not without adding them in yourself. The Abode is more for setting up a comfortable place and extra space within a building you can move about more easily. The previous title was actually Bigger On The Inside, but I figured "The Abode" would be more appropriate.

Comment

This is a gadget I've wanted to make a while, but unfortunately it's for a game I'm not a part of anymore...though I may get a chance if the characters move to another game...

74)
                          Name: Quantum Scapegoat (One-Shot)
                          A figurine, shaped to resemble a generic person.
                          Embed: Shift Consequences
                          Trigger and Activation: Quantum Scapegoat activates when the user's body shifts states of being - becoming ethereal, transformed into another form, into a statue of lead, or even just being struck dead by a power that would do so instantly. The activation is typically to something lethal or extremely hazardous to the user's health, and is not voluntary nor does the user need to recognize that it is happening to them. The user must have the Quantum Scapegoat on their person when it activates. This may range from either being held or even just being in a pocket; carrying the Quantum Scapegoat in something like a purse or briefcase will work, but only if it is being carried close to the user. If multiple Quantum Scapegoats are on a person at a single time, they will all trigger at once.
                          Effect: The effect that would change the user's body instead changes Quantum Scapegoat's. The Scapegoat will become ethereal, transformed into another material or shatter, just as the user's body would. This works for curses that would activate at a particular circumstance, as well as active powers. Demons in particular find the Scapegoat useful for protecting targets from the Ultimatum exploit, as the scapegoat takes what would otherwise be a lethal consequence. However, this doesn't prevent Ultimatum from being used on the same target again.

Comment

Working...
                          X