Demonic Telekinesis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demonic Telekinesis?

Telekinesis is an oft-attributed power to demon's. Angels have it. I think a little spooky actions at a distance is well within DtD's theme. So how would you do it?

My Homebrew
    Star Wars d10
    The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
    Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Hm, Newton's Nightmare seems like it could handle it.

Comment

Demonic Form power. Newton's Nightmare is an Exploit, and much more large-scale.

Will write up something later.

Darkframe - Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.

"The weeping in the world will not decrease if we do not weep together."

Comment

Telekinesis is, from a mechanics standpoint, just using a Strength. We already have a psychic merit for it, and its not like we need more than the merit allows. The easiest way to do this is just to make an Interlock, Exploit or Technololgy that grants that merit. Simple and straight forward.

Comment

Yeah. Usually Major templates cant take sup. Merits. It also costs a Willpower.

My Homebrew
          Star Wars d10

Comment

Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
            Yeah. Usually Major templates cant take sup. Merits. It also costs a Willpower.
            Yep.

So a Form Ability that gives you bascially the Merit, but lets you use Aether would be fine, and low word count. For comparison, there is a Efreet Kith in Changeling 2E for Psychokinesis (Fire).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

That isn't a bad idea. Why not an Exploit in your opinion?

My Homebrew
              Star Wars d10

Comment

Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
                That isn't a bad idea. Why not an Exploit in your opinion?
                Newton's Nightmares, as stated, can already accomplish Telekinesis and more. Exploits tend to be loud and dramatic, while Telekinesis, usually, isn't. But neither is it subtle enough for an Embed. A Technology Form Ability sounds about right - new capability (so not a Modification), and something Angels would find use for (and thus, Demons could retain). A Partial Transformation for only this is subtle enough (the bonus to Compromise Checks for a single Form Attribute means you are usually fine) to see wide-spread use, but not be over abused. An Exploit calls for Compromise Checks every use, making it unattractive for such a simple function.

Actually, if you wanted to play up Demonic power, as a Technology, you could let them use Telekinesis for "free" (no Willpower or Aether cost), justifying the cost as the Compromise risk for Transformation (or the inherent Aether cost for a Partial Transformation).

EDIT: I could probably do a full write-up eventually, if you want. Or you could pitch it over to Korogra in the Angelic Form Abilities thread (which often covers Demonic Form Abilities too).
                Last edited by Vent0; 09-15-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I'd love to see your write up. Only having access to a phone najes it difficult to homebrew currently.

However, your reasons for a demon form ability is good. I agree witg it.

My Homebrew
                  Star Wars d10

Comment

Telekinetic Inducer (Technology)
                    Sometimes Angels need to manipulate objects without coming into direct contact with them. Demons who fall with this ability find it extremely useful for relatively covert manipulation of objects, impressing potential Pact signatories with poltergeist-like activity, and throttling cultists whose lack of faith is disturbing.
                    Appearance: Circuitry webs outward from the temples. Though faint (and somewhat concealable by hair during Partial Transformations), it emanates a low "thrumming" noise when active.
                    [Alt Appearance: Circuitry spreads outward in a webbing along the fingertips and palm. When activated, occasional wisps of plasma (like St. Elmo's Fire) flickers around the hands and target.]
                    Mechanics: The Demon gains the Telekinesis Supernatural Merit (regardless of prerequisites, and despite not being mortal) rated at a number of dots equal to their Primum, except they do not need to spend Willpower to activate it and never suffer the Drawback.
                    [Comments: I figured basing it on Primum allows it to scale nicely. The only issue might be since it generates a Strength-like force, why raise Strength at all? I figure the answer is Compromise Risk, however minute, and that Telekinesis can't do everything a Demon could do "in person". Another option would be to just tie it directly to the Demon's Strength score, with this merely letting them "project" it.]
                    Last edited by Vent0; 09-15-2016, 10:56 PM.

Comment

I'd honestly just let someone take the Telekinesis merit out of GMC, but I'm also boring like that.

Comment

You could probably work it as an Embed that causes various coincidental things to happen that move objects around as you want. So, you use Luck-based Telekinesis to pull an enemy's gun to your hand, what actually happens is the enemy trips, drops his gun, and the gun bounces over to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Geckopirateship View Post
                          You could probably work it as an Embed that causes various coincidental things to happen that move objects around as you want. So, you use Luck-based Telekinesis to pull an enemy's gun to your hand, what actually happens is the enemy trips, drops his gun, and the gun bounces over to you.
                          Cause and Effect covers that kind of thing, though.

Comment

Working...
                          X