Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens when an Angel finishes its mission?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when an Angel finishes its mission?

Does it return itself to the recycling centers that Demons are subjected to? or just a storage facility? does it even know? is it just "garbage collected" when it's not in scope, and not aware of that process? Maybe there is a garbage collector angel that runs around collecting angels who's jobs are finished? I like this idea, an angel of death that reaps angels when they are done. That means Exiles are simply a memory leak in a sense.
    Last edited by xenoterracide; 09-25-2016, 12:17 PM.

Graphic Inspirational Photos for Chronicles of Darkness on Pinterest
    Chronicles of Darkness Slack (PM Me with Email for an Invite, then invite your friends)

Depends on the angel. A decision is made by the Command & Control Infrastructure responsible for ordering its creation in the first place; some angels get broken down into parts for recycling, others are put into storage if the God-Machine decides if it will be useful enough in the future to bear the cost of Infrastructure to stasis it.

Dave Brookshaw, Mage and Deviant Developer, writer of many things

Comment

Or mind-wiped and retooled for a new mission.

Comment

Destroyed, recycled, or repurposed. Each is evaluated thoroughly to determine the cost/benefit analysis of their existence. Angels are commodities.

I like it. The idea of a higher being that determines the value of a living thing according to the same laws for defection refunds or exchanges is particularly horrifying to me. It reminds me of how accountants at auto companies determine whether a car's defect is worth recalling or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
          Depends on the angel. A decision is made by the Command & Control Infrastructure responsible for ordering its creation in the first place; some angels get broken down into parts for recycling, others are put into storage if the God-Machine decides if it will be useful enough in the future to bear the cost of Infrastructure to stasis it.
          yeah, but how do they get there?

Graphic Inspirational Photos for Chronicles of Darkness on Pinterest
          Chronicles of Darkness Slack (PM Me with Email for an Invite, then invite your friends)

Comment

By travelling there in whatever form is the most convenient would be my guess.

Comment

Maybe it's like Logan's Run. When a job is successfully over a little light goes off and they realize they have to head back to base for processing. Probably welcomed thankfully.

Of course since they're ephemerals I suppose I could see them just 'dying' after the pre-determined time needed is up and their ephemera just evaporates back into wherever.

Comment

It's more brutally efficient than that. If the God-Machine wants rid of an angel, it just dismantles the infrastructure that summoned it. The angel, mission completed, sits there and essence-bleeds to death.
                Last edited by Dave Brookshaw; 09-26-2016, 03:23 PM.

Dave Brookshaw, Mage and Deviant Developer, writer of many things

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                  It's more brutally efficient than that. If the God-Machine wants rid of an angel, it just dismantled the infrastructure that summoned it. The angel, mission completed, sits there and essence-bleeds to death.
                  Makes for an interesting reason to Fall. An angel with perhaps more awareness than intended questions why its Father has forsaken it so? Why has the God-Machine left it to die alone in the dark? The angel has completed its mission! It has proven its loyalty and ability! What cruel father could abandon such a devoted child? Thus begins the Fall, an angel whose loyalty has now transformed into loathing, hatred, rejection of God's plans.

Let the revolution begin!

Freelancer Gaea Games • Available for work!
                  City of the Dead: My survival horror roleplaying game emphasizing Communities and rebuilding during the apocalypse.
                  My Patreon: Still getting started, come check us out and voice your input!

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Redfield View Post

Makes for an interesting reason to Fall. An angel with perhaps more awareness than intended questions why its Father has forsaken it so? Why has the God-Machine left it to die alone in the dark? The angel has completed its mission! It has proven its loyalty and ability! What cruel father could abandon such a devoted child? Thus begins the Fall, an angel whose loyalty has now transformed into loathing, hatred, rejection of God's plans.

Let the revolution begin!
                    Logistics Node A20F7: "Asset 00102034 has gone rogue. Begin calculations regarding cause..."
                    Sub-logic Node A20F3: "Review mission log. Review Briefing data. Error. Post-mission status briefing not initialized."
                    Sub-logic Node A20D1: "Assessment: Asset lacked sufficient data to compare post-mission status to routine outcomes. Establish additional Briefing QA error checks in the future."

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
                    X