Geist 1.1- how do I get the update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geist 1.1- how do I get the update

Sorry, I realise this is quite an old topic but I know that there is an update for geist. Is there any way to get it beyond rebuying the game? I don't have the PDF but I have brought the print copy- is there any way to use that, like a "what word is on page 45" or something?

(failing that, if I do have to rebuy the game- is the update worth it? How much does it change/add? Is it significantly better?)

They used to do a thing where you could take a picture of yourself with the book and send it to them and they give you the updated pdf for free. I don't know if they still do it though. Worth sending RichT a PM about it though.

As for the content: It's only a bunch of minor changes, a few tweaks to powers and stuff like that. Other's might be able to provide some specific changes.

On the other hand, Geist 2.0 has been announced and is in development. If you can't get the free pdf I'd wait for that instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Urbenmyth View Post
      Sorry, I realise this is quite an old topic but I know that there is an update for geist. Is there any way to get it beyond rebuying the game? I don't have the PDF but I have brought the print copy- is there any way to use that, like a "what word is on page 45" or something?

(failing that, if I do have to rebuy the game- is the update worth it? How much does it change/add? Is it significantly better?)

This actually depends on when you bought your original copy. I bought both and was generally pleased with the improvement of 1.1 over 1.0 although I won't lie, I still consider it the most poorly designed, written, and edited of all of the 1E game books.

If you bought your copy recently from DriveThruRPG then you likely already have the 1.1 version. The primary tell will be that the overall physical dimensions of the book are larger than the older print WW books.

Comment

Alas, I brought it quite a while ago (when white wolf was still sold in meat-space shops!)
        I will try messaging people but if not, time to wait for 2.0 i guess!
        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X