Possible Future Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Future Kickstarter

According to the Monday Notes a future Giest the Sineater 2e could be a kickstarter.

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    According to the Monday Notes a future Giest the Sineater 2e could be a kickstarter.
    "And there was much rejoicing."

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Please let it be so. My older sister is a fan of the splat, and I also liked many of the ideas in it as well.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

While I'd back the hell out of that kickstarter, from my view it looks like we'll need to wait until Hunter and Changeling 2e are released. I'm also dubious we're going to get anything from Geist 2e until Changeling's out the door, which could be for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
          While I'd back the hell out of that kickstarter, from my view it looks like we'll need to wait until Hunter and Changeling 2e are released. I'm also dubious we're going to get anything from Geist 2e until Changeling's out the door, which could be for quite a while.
          It looks like Geist is going to be coming out before Hunter, so this should be the kickstarter after the Changeling one.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
            It looks like Geist is going to be coming out before Hunter, so this should be the kickstarter after the Changeling one.
            I am hoping that is the case.

Comment

While I'd fund this, I'd still like them to kickstart a CoD version of Wraith...

Comment

As noted in the Changeling kickstarter thread, it's a little dangerous to make stretch goals for a core rulebook, and here's why:

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                The important thing is that as little of the stretch goals as possible needs to go into core, so as to delay it ideally not at all. It hurts me that it's the case, but most RPG companies have learned that lesson the hard way.
                So, to avoid delaying the core, what kinds of things would you guys want in supplements of the game? Stuff that you'd like to be in the core, but the game could probably go out without?

For me, if the core game doesn't include them (and even if it did), I'd like a supplement with sample Krewes and their ideologies. We only really got one with Geist 1e, via the premade characters, and it was hard to work a new one without more examples. The rules were fine and all, but overall...it was confusing for me.

Also more Keys and Haunts, because options are fun.

Comment

As noted in the Changeling kickstarter thread, it's a little dangerous to make stretch goals for a core rulebook, and here's why:

So, to avoid delaying the core, what kinds of things would you guys want in supplements of the game? Stuff that you'd like to be in the core, but the game could probably go out without?

For me, if the core game doesn't include them (and even if it did), I'd like a supplement with sample Krewes and their ideologies. We only really got one with Geist 1e, via the premade characters, and it was hard to work a new one without more examples. The rules were fine and all, but overall...it was confusing for me.

More Dead Dominions in the Underworld, as well as its flora, fauna, and phenomena. How the more cognizant ghosts interact with the rest of the world. Other oddities that are ghost-proximate (like creatures that interact with them, ghost houses - as in the house dwells in Ghost!Twilight but not in the real world, etc.).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                  Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Not only sample Krewes but sample Geists in general; I'd love some guidance on creating these weird dead bastards. Other than that, I'm a sucker for more prebuilt settings.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Coverage for mortal Mediums
                      • Playable ghost rules (i.e. mini-Wraith)
                      • A Night Horrors supplement specifically tied into the Underworld, Sin-Eaters and Geister
                      • Crossover stuff (although that will probably be in the Crossover Chronicle)
                      • An additional Dark Era and/or an update to the existing Geist Dark Eras
                      • More Dead Dominions, Keys and Haunts
                      • Maybe a sort of Danse Macabre-style hack compilation?

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

Oh, I would love crossover stuff (Mummy and Vampire especially!), and more Dark Eras would be lovely. And we never did get a Hunter group focused on ghosts or the Bound!

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                          Oh, I would love crossover stuff (Mummy and Vampire especially!), and more Dark Eras would be lovely. And we never did get a Hunter group focused on ghosts or the Bound!
                          For Hunter groups, I'd obviously expect a Ghostbuster-type technological/parapsychological ghost-hunters (to contrast with the Sin-Eaters' "magic made of trash and booze" methodology), and maybe a corporation with interest in the Underworld (maybe a DOOM "free energy from Hell" deal, maybe some sort of weird pharmaceuticals, maybe death god-fuelled supersoldiers, maybe all the above).

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

A minor splat would be interesting for Sin Eaters; perhaps people who experienced near death scenarios but not actual death, but they had a Geist who was ready to offer the bargain. Since the bargain was not taken, they aren't Sin Eaters, but they've gotten a foot in the door, so to speak...and a Geist who is stuck to them, trying to get them to become a proper Sin Eater.

Comment

According to the spoiler thread for Geist, there is already a minor/demi-splat coming with Geist 2e.

Things thrown up there to be left for supplements as a possibility that were mentioned in there were the return of Abmortals, the scenarios of Hive-Bargained Sin-Eaters and Bloody Mary/Beetlejuice type entity antagonists (Dangerous entities that are anchored to their own names and are summoned when their name is uttered)

Comment

Working...
                              X