No announcement yet.

What We Know So Far: Geist the Sin-Eater 2nd Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we might get to see a variation of the Dream Form rules. Three Attributes plus Skills. Dream Forms are already ephemeral versions of living people so what you have to figure out is just how Attributes (and possibly Skills) should scale with Rank.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

• I like the new Splats. Even though it sounds like the Geist can still make a Bargain w/ a dying person (rather than just the ghost left behind), the way it's written makes the whole thing feel like the body of a Bound is being inhabited by two ghosts rather than a Soul (since Souls and ghosts are not the same).

I like that.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• I'm going to piece things together and guess that Reapers are the Underworld's enforcers, they don't like ghosts refusing to enter the underworld, but instead of resolving anchors, they use brute force to make a ghost go their.

Comment

• They'd certainly live up to their name while also being quite antagonistic.

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert D View Post
            Thanks Travis! is that section authored by Filamena Young? she wrote the playable minor splats for Werewolf the Forsaken 2E and Mage the Awakening 2E which i really enjoyed, so I thought I'd ask
            She did, and as usual she knocked it out of the park.

Travis Stout
            Geist 2e Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by GimpInBlack View Post

That's awesome!!!

Comment

• This looks like the same kind of positive development and refinement we've seen with other 2nd editions games. I'm hooked.

Comment

• I guess since Changeling's Kickstarter is soon and I think they mentioned Geist would get a kickstarter if Changeling's is successful, are there already supplement books you guys have in mind as stretch goals, like night horrors and player's guide?

Comment

• Originally posted by Runcible View Post
                    I guess since Changeling's Kickstarter is soon and I think they mentioned Geist would get a kickstarter if Changeling's is successful, are there already supplement books you guys have in mind as stretch goals, like night horrors and player's guide?
                    I would expect that those two would probably be planned as part of the line to begin with. They've probably got others in mind for potential stretch goals.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                    Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

• Edit Site screwing up on me.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

• You're not involved with Mummy 2nd edition are you Mr. Stout?
                        Last edited by TyrannicalRabbit; 11-04-2017, 08:06 PM.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Runcible View Post
                          I guess since Changeling's Kickstarter is soon and I think they mentioned Geist would get a kickstarter if Changeling's is successful, are there already supplement books you guys have in mind as stretch goals, like night horrors and player's guide?
                          Another thing that seems to be spreading, at least theoretically, are the 'clanbook' style books. Vampire got a new one in Secrets of the Covenants, and both Werewolf and Mage had one mentioned in a brochure years ago.

It would certainly help paint an in-world picture of various aspects of the Underworld and Sin-Eater 'life.'

Comment

• Originally posted by GimpInBlack View Post
                            Will playable ghosts have Numina or Haunts? (And will they have other Sineater traits like Burdens?).

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post

Another thing that seems to be spreading, at least theoretically, are the 'clanbook' style books. Vampire got a new one in Secrets of the Covenants, and both Werewolf and Mage had one mentioned in a brochure years ago.

It would certainly help paint an in-world picture of various aspects of the Underworld and Sin-Eater 'life.'
                              I think the closest we could get is history of krewes or just Sin-Eater culture book. They're big on lost history and discovering it.

I think a dedicated Underworld supplement book would be neat, though I'm not sure how necessarily it might be between Geist 2e's corebook and Mage's fallen worlds book, but would be neat to take a deeper look.

Perhaps a book to go further with mementos, deathmasks and ceremonies? Though I feel something like that would probably attached to another book, might not be big enough to justify itself alone.
                              Last edited by Runcible; 11-05-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• A dead conspiracies book would be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X