What We Know So Far: Geist the Sin-Eater 2nd Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
    You can basically already do that, since rank 2 ghosts are lucid and we have experience costs for ephemeral entities in Werewolf the Forsaken: The Pack.
    Can those rules be used for Goetics too?

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Oooo... I hadn't thought of that. Yeah, they probably could.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Excellent, looks like even better material for my plans for KSI 21 (Hunter Conspiracy) playing off Sin-Eaters, if KSI 21 is focused on keeping dead things and the past buried instead of old wrongs, grudges and vendettas being dug up.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

No reason they couldn't, though you'd still need someone to give you manifestations if you want to do a non-astral game.

Genius templates: Super Science Mini-Template for Demon: the Descent

Oracle the Endbringers: Time-Manipulator Fan-Splat

Comment

No reason they couldn't, though you'd still need someone to give you manifestations if you want to do a non-astral game.
            Cool, maybe next month I'll buy The Pact.

Comment

I'm very excited about this! Like someone mentioned above, this game is very close to my heart as it is one of the first RPGs I had absolutely fell in love with.

"Kinda I want to" - Trent Reznor

Comment

Um, I think you mixed up Rank 2 and Rank 1 ghosts' descriptions in the original post, Robert D

Ghosts:
                Rank 2 ghosts are no more limited in faculties than anyone else trapped in twilight for potentially decades, forced to watch their loved ones out of reach. They are effectively traumatized people, not automatons or recordings.
                Rank 1 ghosts are fully sapient people, but their sense of self is eroded so much they are stuck in a loop reliving key events over and over (fugue state), often but not always their own death. Often don’t know they’re dead.
                Should be Rank 1 in the first, and Rank 2 in the second.

Other than that, thanks for compiling all this.

EDIT: Oops, never mind. You got it right

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

You can basically already do that, since rank 2 ghosts are lucid and we have experience costs for ephemeral entities in Werewolf the Forsaken: The Pack.
                  I skimmed over The Pack and could not find the experience costs you mentioned. Could you give me a page number or something to look for?

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
                    I skimmed over The Pack and could not find the experience costs you mentioned. Could you give me a page number or something to look for?
                    Top of page 64, in the 'Improving the Totem' section.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

Top of page 64, in the 'Improving the Totem' section.
                      Thanks. Sadly, this doesn't have anything for buying more Manifestations, though given that they can be swapped for Numina/Influence dots in the CofD core book, it is probably fair to assume they would also be 4 or 5 experiences.

Comment

Yes, that's the intent, I believe. Manifestations are basically Numina, they just work off a different system.

Comment

Ok forgive me for asking, I am an Old World of Darkness player and I have started to look at the New Chronicles of Darkness material. Mage: the Ascension converted to Mage: the Awakening, Vampire: the Masquerade converted to Vampire: the Requiem, Werewolf the Apocalypse converted to Werewolf: the Forsaken and Changeling: the Dreaming converted to Changeling: the Lost, Now I am looking for the CoD equivalent to Wraith: the Oblivion would the be Geist: the Sin-Eaters? And from the sounds of it the Players are the equivalent to the Risen or are they closer to the Revenants mentioned in the Mage: the Awakening Death Arcanum?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardwire99 View Post
                            Ok forgive me for asking, I am an Old World of Darkness player and I have started to look at the New Chronicles of Darkness material. Mage: the Ascension converted to Mage: the Awakening, Vampire: the Masquerade converted to Vampire: the Requiem, Werewolf the Apocalypse converted to Werewolf: the Forsaken and Changeling: the Dreaming converted to Changeling: the Lost, Now I am looking for the CoD equivalent to Wraith: the Oblivion would the be Geist: the Sin-Eaters? And from the sounds of it the Players are the equivalent to the Risen or are they closer to the Revenants mentioned in the Mage: the Awakening Death Arcanum?
                            Quick Summary: Players play as humans who've made a Bargain with a Geist (a kind of archetype-of-a-kind-of-death super-ghost). This Bargain lets them come back to life, wield ghostly powers, and generally enjoy their second shot at life. The Geist gets to vicariously live again. Many Sin-Eaters (the people Bound to a Geist) tack on other stuff, like helping ghosts, living it up, killing "deserving" people, etc. (this is the Archetype splat).

Tone-wise, it is far more upbeat than Wraith is (from what I've read/heard).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Hardwire99 View Post
                              Not really. Geist are kinda their own thing. Bear in mind Promethean and Beast don't have WoD equivelants either.

Comment

Bummer I was hoping that it was equivalent as I really enjoyed playing Wraith. It was amazing playing someone else's shadow and leading them to Oblivion. So if they came back to life are they truly alive (Heart beat, breath, hunger, bowl movements, ETC...) and therefore killable? Are they particularly susceptible to the workings of Mage Death Magic? Can Death magic pull the Geist out of them and they live again, free of the Geist? Inquiring mind want to know?
                                Last edited by Hardwire99; 01-27-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X