What We Know So Far: Geist the Sin-Eater 2nd Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Runcible View Post
    I think the closest we could get is history of krewes or just Sin-Eater culture book. They're big on lost history and discovering it.
    That's how the clanbooks did it. Basically you have a Sin-Eater or potential Sin-Eater antagonist gathering information about them, their past, their great moments of achievements and lows.

I think a dedicated Underworld supplement book would be neat, though I'm not sure how necessarily it might be between Geist 2e's corebook and Mage's fallen worlds book, but would be neat to take a deeper look.

Perhaps a book to go further with mementos, deathmasks and ceremonies? Though I feel something like that would probably attached to another book, might not be big enough to justify itself alone.
    If they're doing a new Book of the Dead, they could have one like that too. Some explorer of the Underworld gathering information about it from all around the world, as well as her own discoveries.

The end result ideally serves a lot of functions, offering plot hooks and setting details in an entertaining manner, as well as having a section in the back for rules.
    Last edited by nofather; 11-05-2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• So while I know that I'm not owed it... I kinda fucked up my hand yesterday, so another Geist preview in the next 48 hours would be REALLY appreciated as part of the recovery process!

CofD booklists:
      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
        So while I know that I'm not owed it... I kinda fucked up my hand yesterday, so another Geist preview in the next 48 hours would be REALLY appreciated as part of the recovery process!
        I hope your recovery is complete and swift Second Chances! Geist previews are definitely medicinal cures for Autumn ailments.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
          If they're doing a new Book of the Dead, they could have one like that too. Some explorer of the Underworld gathering information about it from all around the world, as well as her own discoveries.

The end result ideally serves a lot of functions, offering plot hooks and setting details in an entertaining manner, as well as having a section in the back for rules.
          Mm, I'd prefer a sourcebook on the Underworld to have at most one introductory chapter of IC material. While it can be atmospheric, it always has a much lower information density.

Comment

• Any word on when the next Geist 2E dev blog may be coming along? I'm guessing not this week as Thanksgiving is around the corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert D View Post
              Any word on when the next Geist 2E dev blog may be coming along? I'm guessing not this week as Thanksgiving is around the corner.
              That's up to Rose. I just write the blogs, she decides when to post them.

Travis Stout
              Geist 2e Developer

Comment

• Thanks for the response Travis . Happy Thanksgiving to you and Rose and everyone on Onyx Path!

Comment

• Mr. Stout,
                  Are you already thinking about unique things to do with the Geist Kickstarter? I'm hoping that a meaty section on mortal necromancers will be a stretch goal for the companion.

Comment

• Would there be room down the line for an Underworld supplement book a la the upcoming Hedge book for Changeling? Or would it be something that might already have sufficient coverage between Geist 2e's core and Mage's Fallen Worlds supplement?

Comment

Working...
                    X