No announcement yet.

What We Know So Far: Geist the Sin-Eater 2nd Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's probably the hardest choice we've had on one of these, at least to my tastes. Synergy marginally got my vote, but I won't be disappointed either way.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: Curses of Caine in Blood and SmokeTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
    I podcast: The Breakup, a podcast about destroying the things you love

Comment

• Voted for Keys and Haunts, simply because I want to see how changed in the new system from the original one. Anyway, I must say that I do enjoy the new direction that Geist is having, and the fact it has now explained why the Sin Eaters do not have an "appropriate culture"- not to mention how the origin of "Sin Eating" was played in the blog. It all helps Geist feel much more like an appropriate monsters, instead of "voodoo superheroes". Still, I feel like something is a bit missing for me- some spark of some kind, the whole "second chances" and "carnival of life and death" themes, which really click "Geist" to me. Of course, I'm not going to scream "RUINED FOREVER" because one blog post or anything like that, but I do hope that we would see that theme of celebrating life in death, and that the fact that you are dead does not mean your life are over yet.

Also, after Geist would be out, I'm probably going to revise my ghul micro template, as it also use the whole "dead people who just keep on walking" motif.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
      I now blog in here

Comment

• Hmm. If the Mummies call themselves "Deathless", would the renewed focus on mas death (and actually dying) for Sin-Eaters mean they are "Deathful"?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
          Hmm. If the Mummies call themselves "Deathless", would the renewed focus on mas death (and actually dying) for Sin-Eaters mean they are "Deathful"?
          Deathbound?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Deathbound?
            Or simply the living dead?

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

• The Arisen calls themselves Deathless and, in contrast to themselves, all other undead creatures Lifeless.

Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

• Latest count of Synergy vs Haunt/Key on the post as of 1311 (1:11pm) Eastern Standard Time 2/9/19: 17 for Haunts and Keys, 13 for Synergy
                Last edited by Robert D; 02-09-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                  The Arisen calls themselves Deathless and, in contrast to themselves, all other undead creatures Lifeless.
                  But Sin-Eaters are the Life of the Party.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                  Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Synergy got 2 more votes this morning. Haunts and keys still have a slim lead

Comment

• Voted for Synergy, as Harmony, Wisdom and Pilgrimage were most interesting changes in other 2E games.

My various Dark Eras fan stuff hub
                      Byzantine Empire and Eastern Europe in Early Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                      Conquer of Paradise – Portugal and Spain and their conquests in XVI century
                      My Hacks and Z-Splats for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                        I like how the fragmented history of Sin-Eaters is now the cause of the lack of gobal connection between them. It makes each era's sin eaters unique, while also making Geist a more modern oriented game. I see a lot of potential there.

We have thee votes each so far for Haunts & Keys vs Synergy as the next article.

Agreed. What we've seen so far is really awesome and I'm definitely loving the updates. I voted for Haunts and Keys as they are really interesting to me. Looking forward to seeing more! This game right here has me drooling lol. First game I purchased in the NWoD line and honestly, my favorite.

"Kinda I want to" - Trent Reznor

Comment

• Curious to see the changes to Haunts&Keys, as the old system was fairly unique (but hard to add on to/modify).
                          Wouldn't be sad in the slightest if it turns out to be Synergy, though.That's a Win-Win from my point of view, honestly.

Comment

• Looks like Haunts and Keys is in the lead still 22 to 18. With Ash Wednesday coming this week (the imagery of ashes to ashes and dust to dust being very evocative of mortality) I would love to see the end result of the Haunts and Keys vs Synergy vote with a new post

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                              The Underworld was heavily redesigned for Geist 2e. The very broad details (tunnels, rivers, Dominions, Kerberoi) remain the same, but it has organizational, cosmetic, metaphysical, and factional changes throughout.
                              It's nothing concrete, but perhaps interesting to some who follows this thread nonetheless.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                              Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

• Voted for Synergy cause I want to know more about the Bound in general but really honestly I will be excited no matter which wins ^.^.

For real though, I'm liking the shift in feel. I'm mean I like both but I do like that the Bound are legit dead now. And that they don't have a soul. It's like two ghosts inhabiting a body with more permanence then claiming, possession, or otherwise would be. It's interesting and different.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Working...
                                X