No announcement yet.

What We Know So Far: Geist the Sin-Eater 2nd Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am too. Though I am going to miss the variety of effects that the old system had for Manifestations/Keys, the new system looks to be sturdy enough to take its place while allowing for later additions to it, and and I love the support that Mementos are getting for unique effects. It is also good we are getting some better defined antagonists for Sin Eaters to face - first edition felt a little sparse for them.

Comment

• The two biggest flaws in the 1st edition were the lack of true antagonists, and a really poor description of the underworld. I hope they fixed them in the 2nd ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
        The two biggest flaws in the 1st edition were the lack of true antagonists, and a really poor description of the underworld. I hope they fixed them in the 2nd ed.
        Well, hopefully we'll be getting some information on the Underworld soon.

Comment

• Does anyone else think the confusion a Reaper running into the Hedge Ghost of someone who died in the hedge would be funny?

Comment

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
            Does anyone else think the confusion a Reaper running into the Hedge Ghost of someone who died in the hedge would be funny?
            ​... A little, though it depends on how much individuality and capacity for emotion a Reaper has once they've donned their mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
              Well, hopefully we'll be getting some information on the Underworld soon.

For me the main problems were the power level, and the real lack of downsides regarding becoming a Sin-Eater, I´d like new mechanics to express the Geist´s growing influence over its host.

Comment

• Manuscript approval!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                  Manuscript approval!
                  YAHOO!!!!!
                  Really hope this will nudge Onyx Path to have Geist 2e as the next kickstarter after Dragon-Blooded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                    Manuscript approval!
                    That which is dead may never die!

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Hopefully this means Geist is the next kickstarter, getting money set aside to be ready to back it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runcible View Post
                        Hopefully this means Geist is the next kickstarter, getting money set aside to be ready to back it.
                        I agree wholeheartedly

Comment

• Underworld preview is up, and it looks great!

http://theonyxpath.com/down-in-the-d...he-sin-eaters/

Comment

• yeah that's quite a preview

Comment

• Awesome Underworld Preview!!!!! Human ghosts as a massive immigrant population there makes a fascinating dichotomy with the Chthonians. Eager to see how the voting for the next preview goes!

Comment

• Kereboi are scary. Chtonians are scary. Reapers are scary. Ghosts are scary. The Underworld is TERRIFYING. I also really like the fact that the Ocean of Fragments was brought to the main stage. I still wonder what has caused it to recess in the first place- and I wonder if the water still go down. Also, I now really eager to see the "living antagonists", and hope to get Chthonian Bound in a potential Night Horror book.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                                X